Suspect blames Ferry Disaster for bag snatch from Korean Tourist in Jomtien

webfact

Suspect blames Ferry Disaster for bag snatch from Korean Tourist in Jomtien

korea-5.jpg

PATTAYA: -- A 30 year old parasailing assistant blamed the recent Pattaya ferry disaster for his attempt to steal a bag from a Korean Tourist at knife-point in the Na-Jomtien area in the early hours of Wednesday.

Na-Jomtien Police in conjunction with Region 2 Police arrested Khun Chakgrit close to the Sukhumvit Road in Na-Jomtien following reports of a bag snatch came in to them. Luckily a Police operation was taking place in the area which was abandoned to offer assistance to the Korean tourist Mr. Shin Ilyong aged 36.

The victim was with three other friends who had just left their Hotel. They were walking towards the main Sukhumvit Road so they could catch a Taxi to Walking Street where they had planned to spend the early morning hours.

Khun Chakgrit spotted the victim was holding a bag and approached him and at knife-point ordered the tourist to hand over the bag which contained Korean money, Thai currency and personal items.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/108204/suspect-blames-ferry-disaster-bag-snatch-koren-tourist-jomtien/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-11-07

The 'ferry disaster' made me do it.... hehehe.

Referred to as 'rationalization'.

Something that would provide some kind of explanation.

In this instance, would have to be coined as
'Irrational rationalization'.

He could win a prize with this one...

yesterday he said he needed to buy milk for his four year old...today it's the ferry disaster...tomorrow, I just can't make anything up right now, so insert here...

It is a slight generalisation but I suppose it is always somebody else's fault.

Anyhow, someone tell this idiot it is well time the child was weaned onto solids!

• Like 1

this is actually another stabbing if you go past the headline and read the full story,

oh well another 500 baht fine, or maybe less as there was four of them and they weren't

pensioners, which probably equals mitigating circumstances as well as the ferry sinking?

truly amazing Thailand,i wonder what people would think if all these stories were published

in the real world?

• Like 1

It would be nice if people actually would read the whole article before coming to conclusions.Yes before he said he needed money to buy milk for his infant,this time he said it was because of the ferry accident he could not do his normal work.

• Like 1

There have been many reports that the average IQ in Thailand is 87. Average. Considering that most of the Thais I work with have above average IQs, this means that there are a lot of 'people' running around in the low 70s. 60s?. Forrest Gumpish.

• Like 1

Luckily a Police operation was taking place in the area which was abandoned to offer assistance to the Korean tourist Mr. Shin Ilyong aged 36.

Hats, err helmets off to the police for abandoning a police operation in progress.

Edited by JoeThePoster
  • Like 1

It would be nice if people actually would read the whole article before coming to conclusions.Yes before he said he needed money to buy milk for his infant,this time he said it was because of the ferry accident he could not do his normal work.

A four year old infant? You are watering the incident down, Many people have second jobs but not many are armed robbers. I don't think armed robbery is a legitimate occupation and a ferry sinking in no way justifies it.

• Like 1

yesterday he said he needed to buy milk for his four year old...today it's the ferry disaster...tomorrow, I just can't make anything up right now, so insert here...

It is a slight generalisation but I suppose it is always somebody else's fault.

Anyhow, someone tell this idiot it is well time the child was weaned onto solids!

I think the child is 4 months old not 4 years. Doesn't excuse what he did, but might explain why he went with it as an excuse.

" Khun Chakgrit was unable to provide milk for his 4 month old child and decided to enter a life of crime to ensure his family did not go hungry."

What a lowlife motherf#$$er, what a shoddy and lame "excuse", what a f#$$ed up world... sad.png

Now all this idiot "ensured" was that his family will not only go hungry, put have to visit him in jail, having to provide him with food, cigarettes and booze, and that the image of Thailand as "friendliest tourism hub of SEA" received yet another unnecessary blow.

Edited by catweazle

Anything is good enough as an excuse to steal !!!

What is going to be next?

Earth quake in Afghanistan, bomb in Iraq , shooting in airport in the US, low THB ???

Take your pick, feel free to steal !!!

Who said it's an excuse?! He merely stated why he did it, obviously the cops wanted to know why, so he told them. That's not an excuse in my opinion!

There have been many reports that the average IQ in Thailand is 87. Average. Considering that most of the Thais I work with have above average IQs, this means that there are a lot of 'people' running around in the low 70s. 60s?. Forrest Gumpish.

By definition, the IQ here would be 100. That is how IQ level is set. Comparisons to other countries might make them be 87's (or less...). Defenders could always claim culture bias etc. I taught special ed so am familiar with all that testing crap. But agree many are dumber than a bag of hair.

• Like 1

I got cautioned for making negative but trueful comments. No more than l see everyday on this site. But l must now learn to shut up

And now you just might another one for discussing moderation whistling.gif

Now all this idiot "ensured" was that his family will not only go hungry, put have to visit him in jail,

How long have you been reading the news here ? I seriously doubt he will do any jail time whatsoever as he is Thai so he must be good and the tourist is foreign so he must be the one who did something bad...In schools here they teach that the worst Thai is still better than the best foreigner, so there you go...