IP Ranges blocked

draftvader

Mid November?! So that's potentially a week without access to some of these sites? Anyone got a recommendation for a cheap VPN in that case?

Don't worry they have told me that they will route all traffic via other routes until the problem is resolved by mid November. Expect to see higher latency and response time but sites will be reachable in a short while

• Like 1

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mid November?! So that's potentially a week without access to some of these sites? Anyone got a recommendation for a cheap VPN in that case?

OpenVPN

Thank you for clarifying whether this was a legitimate reason to share a VPN.

Yes. Also see my pinned topic on VPNs for clarification. This is a technical issue and not a MICT government block so not an issue.

OpenVPN

Thank you for clarifying whether this was a legitimate reason to share a VPN.

Yes. Also see my pinned topic on VPNs for clarification. This is a technical issue and not a MICT government block so not an issue.

I understand the difference but being that we didn't have a clear communication from anybody to confirm that this is a technical issue I was erring on the side of caution. You will note I shared your pinned topic immediately.

I understand the difference but being that we didn't have a clear communication from anybody to confirm that this is a technical issue I was erring on the side of caution. You will note I shared your pinned topic immediately.

I missed that. Sufficient info had come in for me to safely suggest it. Chiang Mai forum also reporting it now.

• Like 1

Wikipedia and other American websites are still down for True in Phuket.

Is there a thread on general internet badness the past month or two?

I'm a semi-professional gamer and my connection here has been atrocious for at least a month now. About two months back or so my ping to servers in Asia went up by 100 ms consistently, and for the past month or so have been suffering consistent packet loss.

Ran my poor landlord ragged trying to fix the problem only to find out today it is probably a universal issue for all of Thailand whistling.gif

Wikipedia and other American websites are still down for True in Phuket.

Is there a thread on general internet badness the past month or two?

I'm a semi-professional gamer and my connection here has been atrocious for at least a month now. About two months back or so my ping to servers in Asia went up by 100 ms consistently, and for the past month or so have been suffering consistent packet loss.

Ran my poor landlord ragged trying to fix the problem only to find out today it is probably a universal issue for all of Thailand whistling.gif

As a semi-pro gamer your connection is as important as your rig. It is probably only going to work well for you if you get your own fibre connection.

Forgot to mention that I have called back 3BB on my return from the shopping to hear a mildly exasperated sound on answer (after being on hold for about 10 minutes). I guess the poor lass is probably in an understaffed office on a Saturday. Good to know that they know this issue exists and are getting the scale of it.

Was I dreaming that I read "Thailand to become ICT Hub" yesterday? cheesy.gif

Can now access the sites that the OP linked to as well as amazon, IMDB. I wonder if this will be a fluctuating thing for a while.

Agreed. I have just been through a range of known "problem" sites and I can see them. Wonder if my detailed e-mail (including a link to this thread) that I shared with 3BB helped at all? Probably not, but nice to think it might have been passed up the chain. I doubt there is a better resource to this issue out there.

Just checked everything that was a problem for me and it is all back and, seemingly, quicker than before.

1,192.168.1.2,unknown,,5,4,1,5,9,0,0
2,110.164.0.89,mx-ll-110.164.0-89.static.3bb.co.th,Thailand,20,25,20,30,9,0,0
3,110.164.0.88,mx-ll-110.164.0-88.static.3bb.co.th,Thailand,34,23,19,34,9,0,0
4,110.164.1.141,mx-ll-110.164.1-141.static.3bb.co.th,Thailand,24,26,20,31,9,0,0
5,110.164.1.11,mx-ll-110.164.1-11.static.3bb.co.th,Thailand,27,27,20,29,9,0,0
6,110.164.0.251,mx-ll-110.164.0-251.static.3bb.co.th,Thailand,52,51,48,55,9,0,0
7,110.164.0.71,mx-ll-110.164.0-71.static.3bb.co.th,Thailand,220,226,220,234,9,0,0
8,195.66.224.141,xe-0-0-3.border-1.sov.lon.uk.as29017.net,United Kingdom,237,230,228,237,9,0,0
9,89.145.125.38,xe-1-2-2.core-2.centro.hml.uk.as29017.net,United Kingdom,229,230,229,234,9,0,0
10,83.223.122.37,core-B08-a.lon1.directrouter.co.uk,United Kingdom,227,228,226,230,9,0,0
11,89.145.69.228,,United Kingdom,227,228,227,230,9,0,0

227 to the UK? Will probably drop as everybody realises that the international connections are healthy again!

Let's keep an eye on this for the next 24 hours and make sure this is all done (though I expect it is....button pressed!)

--EDIT--

Don't want to pat us all on the back too early, but nice work people. I guess it was easier to fix than listen to a bunch of whinging "farang" calling up and ruining your Saturday SomTam Time ;) I hope the poor girl at 3BB can get some rest now :)

Edited by draftvader

Loads of website will not load for me......= Not found.......

and NO your websites are the same...... changed my IP address to show a UK VPN...... ALL sites load + yours as normal...

Started with Thaivisa new letter in my email, ALL would not load/could not be found !!

on TRUE.

I thought that was the case. It seems to be blocked at the "exit" node from Thailand. Strange.

Might consider to use "get private", or other free and useful programs which change your IP address into one of let's say from Sweden.-wai2.gif

No change here but no doubt it will eventually come back.

Just boggles the mind how much is lost each year here through outages like this, how on earth they expect to ever gain any ground in the area of online commerce is totally beyond me.

EZTV using True is still blocked

So maybe my e-mail to 3BB did have a difference? Does anybody know if there is any difference in the international connections they use? I thought that 3BB used Jasmine Telecom (a subsidiary) for their international connection but I really don't know. Anybody know better?

You see it's days like this that always take me back to a time in 2006 / 2007 when I had moved to Koh Phangan.

When I got there it was still pretty much dial up. I asked a few people and had seen a sign or two that said high-speed, not your normal dodgy satellite high-speed that we can all remember but proper broadband.

I found the shop in Tong Sala and managed to order it. They had to go to Koh Samui to get it and it took about a week. We got it under the womans name who owned the bungalows.

It all worked really well... Until...

We had an outage. I called in to support and they asked the normal questions like your name and number etc... I gave it to them and then I got the obligatory silence on the line for a while.

Once the young lady came back she asked me to repeat where it was that I was at that time.

I said "Koh Phangan". She asked for the details again and another long silence ensued.

When she finally came back she said that she could not help as it was impossible that I could have high-speed on Phangan and that was I sure that I actually had broadband.

That was the last time I ever called support for internet in this country ever again.

all OK for me now on 3BB in Phuket without doing the hard reset.. but thanks Draftvader for the tip. BBCiPlayer also running ok on firefox with mediahint.

Spaghetti Bolognese on the stove, Chang in the glass, TV on..... g'night all.