Air Asia new route from Chiang Mai

khwaibah

Dragon Air isn't that pricey. It's still cheaper than flying on any airlines via Bangkok!

I'm wondering what would happen if China and Thailand struck that visa-free deal.

For the dates i got on Airasia for B2800 return ( which i know is just a promotion fare) ,Dragon air would charge B12,840 .So Dragon Air are not cheap and they will have to start reviewing their prices i think .

Dragon Air isn't that pricey. It's still cheaper than flying on any airlines via Bangkok!

I'm wondering what would happen if China and Thailand struck that visa-free deal.

For the dates i got on Airasia for B2800 return ( which i know is just a promotion fare) ,Dragon air would charge B12,840 .So Dragon Air are not cheap and they will have to start reviewing their prices i think .

Still pretty cheap still for a full service airline! Not to mention a tremendous amount of time saved by not having to fly via BKK.

Yes! They would definitely have to review their prices. Competition is a lovely thing!

Very nice, as a pleasant alternative departure other than Bangkok, when traveling to the USA. Lots of connections in Hong Kong. Last trip, I flew from Udon to Don Mueang, then a long bus ride to the overcrowded Suvarnabhumi.

Now I can just fly from Udon to Chiang Mai, then on to Hong Kong. Both places are nice to spend a few days.

Also can fly from Clark (Philippines) to Hong Kong and then to Chiang Mai. Stay a few days and back to Udon.

Thats how much I hate Bangkok!!!

• Like 2

Haha I don't hate Bangkok but certainly wouldn't want to stop there for anything Northbound.

I really hope that one day Middle Eastern airlines would fly direct from Chiang Mai to their hubs (Dubai/Doha/Abu Dhabi) so I can head back to Europe without having to go through Bangkok!

• Like 1

You are very lucky to get the B2800 return promotion fare. I saw it yesterday at 6pm+ and when I decided to book it at 8pm+, I only managed to get B3026 for the return fare. The only date available for the B1290 CNX-HKG fare now is on 10 Jan. For those who is planning to travel on this date, act fast!

>>You are very lucky to get the B2800 return promotion fare.<<

Not so much lucky ,as planning ahead .When Airasia offer a sale at say 3 PM ,you should be lodged into their site by 2.30 pm ,and have all the information and method of payment ready to hand .