what's less annoying, chanting or wailing

stevehaigh

Ultra annoying are loudspeakers in villages, like in the Isaan, broadcasting loudly from about 7 AM on. Common complaint for farangs who followed the Thai wife to Ban in the middle of nowhere, many of them opt for having a house built a bit outside of the village.

you're right, that is worse, and in my wife's village it starts about 6am. at least that's one thing we don't have to put up with in phuket.

What is this? Static loudspeakers on the road corners or mobile on top of the car? Advertisements?

Ultra annoying are loudspeakers in villages, like in the Isaan, broadcasting loudly from about 7 AM on. Common complaint for farangs who followed the Thai wife to Ban in the middle of nowhere, many of them opt for having a house built a bit outside of the village.

you're right, that is worse, and in my wife's village it starts about 6am. at least that's one thing we don't have to put up with in phuket.

What is this? Static loudspeakers on the road corners or mobile on top of the car? Advertisements?

No.....mostly it is just announcements by the local authorities, like they are planning to get tough on narcotic drugs for instance. Sometimes mixed in with music. Loudspeakers are attached to power poles.

Edited by keestha

No.....mostly it is just announcements by the local authorities, like they are planning to get tough on narcotic drugs for instance. Sometimes mixed in with music. Loudspeakers are attached to power poles.

Thanks for the info. Sounds a bit like brainwashing.

If that happens often, it would go quite high of the annoying noises list. Together with 'tomorrow night, tomorrow night, thai boxing tomorrow night' cars going circles in Patong..

This mornings call from the Sai Yuan mosque was horrendous.

Not melodical at all, it sounded like in Arabic "HELLO, GET YOUR A**SES IN HERE AND PRAY".

Seriously, it was just some guy yelling at 5:00AM.

As one poster mentioned, considering stashing some speakers and with a remote control and when they get going, bring on some Metallica "off to never never land.....bwah, bwah,bwah".

although on the subject of other loud annoying noises, my ex Thai neighbors on the soi behind me used to make their own Thai soap opera every day and night, you know, hysterical screaming, shouting, slapping etc. fortunately the boyfriend was hauled off by the police for selling yaabaa, so i guess we will not see him again for a while

At least 5 years, probably even longer.

When I first moved to Ao Por, my temporary place was next to the mosque. I woke up to the yodeling for the first two mornings, but after that never.