Weed Killer

wolf5370

Anyone know where to get selective weed killers such as Sedgehammer, Nut Buster, Halo, Certainty, or the like. I am trying to clear some Mullumbimby couch (Cyperus brevifolius) from my Japanese Grass (Zoysia Japonica) lawn in Chiang mai..

Glyphosate 2 - 4%.

Ounces per gallon? Even the UK doesn't do stuff likie that any more. Where do you buy a scale with ounces and and a measure with gallons in Thailand? Difficult enough finding metric measures. Don't forget to buy one when you buy poison...

a mixture expressed in percent has nothing to do with ounces or gallons but applies to any measures whether imperial, metric, ancient egyptian or extraterrestrian.

2% = 1 part of weedkiller, 49 parts of water,

4% = 1 part of weedkiller, 24 parts of water.

as simple as that wink.png

Is this a joke? No professional will do that, I certainly didn't. 2% = 2 parts of product in 100 parts of water. You will see written on the label: 20cc in 20 litres or whatever.

Scientifically speaking you are correct, but you are talking to guys that can't or won't be measuring out 9.8 litres or 98 before adding.

By the way: put a few litres into the tank before adding any product, otherwise a fair amount may flow undiluted into the spraying tube and be all applied in two seconds of spraying.

scientifically speaking laugh.png your 2 parts weedkiller in 100 parts of water are exactly the same like my 1 part weedkiller mixed with 49 parts of water equalling 1 part product in 50 parts of water.

Glyphosate 2 - 4%.

Ounces per gallon? Even the UK doesn't do stuff likie that any more. Where do you buy a scale with ounces and and a measure with gallons in Thailand? Difficult enough finding metric measures. Don't forget to buy one when you buy poison...

a mixture expressed in percent has nothing to do with ounces or gallons but applies to any measures whether imperial, metric, ancient egyptian or extraterrestrian.

2% = 1 part of weedkiller, 49 parts of water,

4% = 1 part of weedkiller, 24 parts of water.

as simple as that wink.png

Is this a joke? No professional will do that, I certainly didn't. 2% = 2 parts of product in 100 parts of water. You will see written on the label: 20cc in 20 litres or whatever.

Scientifically speaking you are correct, but you are talking to guys that can't or won't be measuring out 9.8 litres or 98 before adding.

By the way: put a few litres into the tank before adding any product, otherwise a fair amount may flow undiluted into the spraying tube and be all applied in two seconds of spraying.

scientifically speaking laugh.png your 2 parts weedkiller in 100 parts of water are exactly the same like my 1 part weedkiller mixed with 49 parts of water equalling 1 part product in 50 parts of water.
Isn't

The only thing I will add here, is that Roundup, takes about 10 days + to effectively work and better on perennial weeds ... so do not disturb roots during that period!

If weeds are about to seed the seeds will fly and germinate soon after! Best in my opinion to cut back weeds, if they are just about flowering / seeding stage and let the new growth appear and then spray...

Round up it is not very effective on annual weeds... Paraquat will kill those within a day.... but it is deadly stuff so proper caution should be used! (Banned in most countries)

Better to look in smaller shops for 48 Roundup, usually a lot cheaper than HomePro... (280 baht for one litre the other day on Samui!) wink.png

Samuijimmy is spot on here. There has been enough of a rise in Paraquat Lung cases in our area that the suppliers are giving out free masks. Not sure how much they help but that stuff is indeed deadly and it takes very little to cause problems. This is one dangerous chemical for Do-It-Yourselfers to get involved with, so make sure you use all the precautions and wear a carbon respirator if you do decide to use it.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/001085.htm

Edited by T_Dog
  • Like 1