Hang Dong Hospital (MEDICAL COVER)thought I would see how it works

happyme

happyme

This sounds like a good experience when compared with my doctors surgery in the UK.

First, make an appointment to see the doctor and maybe wait 2 or 3 weeks, 5 weeks if you want a doctor of your choice.

After seeing the doctor, if you need a blood test for your problem make an appointment to see the nurse and wait another week or 2.

After the blood test wait another week for the results.

When the results are in make an appointment to see the doctor to discuss what treatment if any is required, so wait another couple of weeks for that consultation.

If you need hospital treatment wait another 4 or 5 weeks to go to hospital .....................

Is this your personal experience or are you just quoting the Daily Wail? I can walk into my doctor's surgery in the UK without an appointment. I might have to wait an hour to see a doctor. I can do this from 8am to 8pm any day of the year. For the avoidance of doubt that is 365 days of the year every year Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years eve included...

• Like 1

happyme

This sounds like a good experience when compared with my doctors surgery in the UK.

First, make an appointment to see the doctor and maybe wait 2 or 3 weeks, 5 weeks if you want a doctor of your choice.

After seeing the doctor, if you need a blood test for your problem make an appointment to see the nurse and wait another week or 2.

When the results are in make an appointment to see the doctor to discuss what treatment if any is required, so wait another couple of weeks for that consultation.

If you need hospital treatment wait another 4 or 5 weeks to go to hospital .....................

Is this your personal experience or are you just quoting the Daily Wail? I can walk into my doctor's surgery in the UK without an appointment. I might have to wait an hour to see a doctor. I can do this from 8am to 8pm any day of the year. For the avoidance of doubt that is 365 days of the year every year Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years eve included...

Yes it is MY personal experience, and most people make an appointment to avoid pushing in and making others late for their appointments.

Interested to know whereabouts in the UK your doctors surgery is?

And yes, I know how many days there are in year, but thanks for the reminder anyway.

happyme

What Town is this surgery in the UK?. You cannot do this in the town I am from.

Just occurred to me. Does the reverse option apply?

Obviously Ram etc would incur big bucks. I wonder if it is possible to then be transferred to " your" government hospital after the initial treatment?Just a thought.

We do have BUPA but will adding the gov scheme in the coming week.

Ugh, gee, perhaps you need to look at the pinned post at the top of the forum about the Thai gov't health insurance for foreigners. CM Ram is not participating in any way, except that you can go there for emergency treatment, pay out of your own pocket and they'll re-reimburse you at the gov't rat rate. Any short fall between what CM Ram charged and the gov't rate comes out of your pocket.

If you actually read my post I am asking that if after using Ram etc for such as a heart attack and paying whatever could subsequent inpatient aftercare be at your registered government hospital?

What Town is this surgery in the UK?. You cannot do this in the town I am from.

Same in my home town. In fact I was talking to my parents only yesterday,both in their late eighties, they wanted to see the local GP on Friday,were told that all appointments were fully booked and that they would have to call early on Monday (today) to make an appointment for today if they were lucky! They also tried calling 111? and were told somebody will call back in 10 minutes, to the best of my knowledge they are still waiting,they didn't want to bother the local hospital emergency service as they felt the condition was not serious enough- bless em!

Did you register for the card at Hang Dong Hospital ??? ie do the test and pay the money and get the card from there ??

yes and in the afternoon they have a farang to help you thro the paperwork etc when I did mine it took just over 1 hours remember 2 photo and copy of your main page of passport /house book and copy of thai ID card

Thai ID card ??? you mean the wifes ??? I don't have a Thai ID card nor would any other foreigner

Also if I dont have a housebook (the wife has one) anything else I need ot take like copy of visa

cheers

You will need just the passport, and prove of residence, like a rent agreement or utilities bill. Married or single OK. No need a picture. Will pay 2800THB for the application and medical examination including blood test, urine test, and lung x rays, and the annual enrollment fee. Go in morning hours before 10AM. After the examination, they will take your picture, and you will get the card in 2 or 3 days. That's all.

I got my new health card at Nakornping hospital.

The very pleasant and well organized lady asked for my passport and a signed copy of same (only the page with photo, passport number, issue / expiry date etc.), she then checked that she understood which name was: first name, middle name, surname. Then typed all the name details into the computer then turned the screen and asked me to check the spelling (all written in English). There was no detail on the screen about passport issue / expiry date.

I also offered my dark blue tabien bean book, my permanent resident book and my police registration book in regard to address. She politely said not needed but then asked me to say my address slowly, and within a minute this was all entered, in Thai.

Then the blood test and x-ray, with all the staff being very helpful, pleasant and friendly.

I've since picked up the card.

happyme

I usually pay my doctor a visit when I'm home and ask him to put some test or MRI results on file, to which he obliges. Always seem to get in on the same day I phone and I don't even live there anymore, not that he knows or really cares.