90 Day reporting overstay - CONFUSED and THANKFUL

So today I went in to do my first Non O 90 day report. I thought that 90 days start from your last stamp in your passport but apparently not, it starts from the stamp that's on a small piece of paper that they staple in your passport. Hahahaha

Anyway so I was one month overstay. Please tell me what's the penalty for that?

Because all the immigration lady in Ayutthaya said to me was next time don't forget and off I went.

Don't know what to think about that.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Jody, did the Immigration folks give you a new slip of paper with a new 90-day report date 90 days hence? They should have. And it sounds like from what you said, they let you off the hook for the baht 2,000 late reporting fine.

And, as Joe said, that's not an "overstay," which happens if you stay in Thailand longer than your "permitted to enter until" date.

Mac

It is not an overstay. The fine for not reporting or reporting late is 2000 baht.

If it was overstay the fine for 30 days would be 30,000 baht.

A small correction. The penalty for overstay is 500 Baht/day up to a maximum of 20,000 Baht. Unless there has been a very recent change.

• Like 1

It is not an overstay. The fine for not reporting or reporting late is 2000 baht.

If it was overstay the fine for 30 days would be 30,000 baht.

A small correction.  The penalty for overstay is 500 Baht/day up to a maximum of 20,000 Baht.  Unless there has been a very recent change.
Thanks I fixed it.

Yes they gave me a new receipt type slip that they stapled into my passport and even highlighted the next report date in Feb. hahaha. The officer was extremely nice. I was really shocked. She understood why I mixed up the dates and just told don't forget next time

Are you saying you had a new entry stamp in your passport and you reported 90 days from that date? That would be correct procedure as a new 90 day count starts from any new entry and day of entry is day one of that count - what may have been a previous receipt (paper in passport) has no validity once you depart Thailand.

I entered Thailand on the 28 May 2013 and got my non o stamped till the 25 Aug.

During that time I applied for one year Non O extension. When I applied for the extension they gave me another stamp till the 29 Aug. On the 30 Aug I collected my one year Non O extension with a stamp for the 30 August in there.

I though that the 90 day report starts from 30 Aug when I received my extension but no it started the month before that when I applied on the 28 July.

Can anyone make sense of what I just wrote. Sorry guys if it's confusing

Quit clear, you just misunderstood the requirement. You had 90 days from your first application for extension. Just use the date on the slip of paper they staple in your passport that usually states next 90 day report is due. You were lucky to get such an understanding officer.

Yeah thanks guys. I never saw that slip until I got to immigration. I thanked that lady so much for being understanding. I also processed my application through her and she always had a smile and VERY nice. One in a million

Yeah thanks guys. I never saw that slip until I got to immigration. I thanked that lady so much for being understanding. I also processed my application through her and she always had a smile and VERY nice. One in a million

."..always had a smile and VERY nice. One in a million"

Not really that rare. Most Immigrations officers I've dealt with are quite pleasant, certainly more so than I would be if I had to deal with so many confused people all day long in a hectic place like Jomtien, which is where I go.

• Like 1

Depends what the last stamp in your passport was.

Normally it is 90 days from your last 90-day reporting. (Stamped on bit of paper telling you when!!!)

Unless you left the country, on an Exit/Entry permit, and returned within the period of the extension.

Then 90 days from the entry stamp.

I am guessing you presumed doing a renewal of the extension included the 90 days....oops, common error.

in that case you were lucky, as the 90 days reporting period either started as soon as you ener thailand - which means on may 28, 2013 - or latest when you applied for a longer than 90 days stay in thailand - which means on 28th july. but in any case the fee for late reporting - be it 1 month, less or more - is thb 2,000.-. if you would have been caught before reporting at the immigration, the fine would have been THB 4,000.-...

I entered Thailand on the 28 May 2013 and got my non o stamped till the 25 Aug.
During that time I applied for one year Non O extension. When I applied for the extension they gave me another stamp till the 29 Aug. On the 30 Aug I collected my one year Non O extension with a stamp for the 30 August in there.
I though that the 90 day report starts from 30 Aug when I received my extension but no it started the month before that when I applied on the 28 July.

Can anyone make sense of what I just wrote. Sorry guys if it's confusing

Jody, you realize you can mail in the reports as well. Not sure how far away from an office you are but up in Chiang Rai it can be a bit of a trip so a lot of people just mail it in. Download the form, do some photocopies and send it off.