THAI hopes its sister airline will pull it out of losses

webfact

What chance can there be to cut losses with the present system of 'privilege'. The Thai Airways spy's are already out and it seems that Yingluck's big sister has 12 seats to London booked on the TG910 tomorrow evening. Now as she is an MP and all the seats are booked in her name it will be an automatic upgrade to first and business. That's not a lot of lost revenue is it! (of course of great interest is why does Yinglucks big sister have 12 seats to London booked???)

You seen YL's "big" sister lately? Yet you wonder why she's booked 12 seats in her name :P

• Like 1

I see from their website that their idea of "business class" is a bit of a joke: they leave the middle seat of three economy seats empty and give you a hot meal.

LH does the same exact thing intra- Europe.....its not great but the flights are so short it is fine, I have flown in too many times to count.

I like Thai, but that said I usually never fly them in Y, and coming off US airlines they are miles ahead in soft product.

The US carriers all tried airline within an airline tactics in the 90's to compete with Southwest. All failed. They can save a little on staffing cost but the main elements if cost structure remain. It causes passenger confusion and service goes downhill.

I thought this was about the other sister, Nok Air?? I guess she's been kicked out to the curb.

Thai put Air Asia to DM, and use Nok to cover that competition, leaving Thai Smile the monopoly to run freely to Swampy at an increased price, no wonder they are snowed under, Sort of 3 airlines in 1. stupid.

• 2 weeks later...