Arrest warrant issued for Thai protest leader Suthep on rebellion charges

webfact

"He seemed to imply that the protesters could force their way into the Government House."

Well... the police just caved in at their HQ.

They didn't 'cave-in'; they removed the barriers before the protesters even got to the site en-masse and there was an announcement they would allow the protesters to camp in the grounds. IMO a clever and strategic move that knocks the wind out of Suthep's sails. This man loses face more and more with each passing day. And note that 'rent-a-thug' are the ones hurling stones, bomblets, stealing vehicles and breaking the barriers. They sure ain't office workers and middle class!

Yes they did cave... they ceded territory because they in no way could have stopped the anti government protesters today without out a lot of bullets being fired. It's the police that have lost face today and not the anti government protesters. I'm watching it now and they don't seem to have the wind taken out of their sails. Indeed, they rather seem emboldened.

Who's emboldened? Rent-a-thug? The plantation workers from down south? Of course they are because they're being paid to be here. No different from 2010 - just the financiers are different this time.

Can you prove that they are from the south or that they are paid? Do you think that the whistle blowers in Si Lom were from the south and paid? Do you think that the students at RU were from the south and paid? Do you think that I'm from the south and paid? Is everyone that disagrees with you from the south and paid?

I agree. It is obvious I missed collecting my crystal ball at the Thai Embassy when I got my long stay visa. A lot of people have them and seemingly know all sorts of factual material.

Hopefully enough common sense to know the students weren't paid off.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pt completely brought this on themselves. They made the bogus murder charges against Suthep and Abhisit to try and force them to agree to the amnesty for the convicted fugitive and they declined deciding instead to stay their ground and fight the bogus charges. Then the government tried to ram it through anyway enraging hundreds of thousands of people with enough brains to understand what they were in a terribly underhanded fashion trying to do. The more arrest warrants and charges they try to heap on Suthep the less likely he is to stop, the more pressure they add is just adding to the problem. It has gotten to the point where if he loses he could be executed but if he wins then he was right, so he must win at all costs. So stop blaming Suthep for being crazy, he is fighting for his life here, desperate times call for desperate measures and all that, how do you thi8nk you would react in such a situation....?

Bogus murder charges? Can you back up that statement with facts or are they just present in your mind? Over 80 people died. Please stop your yellow propaganda machine for a moment and show some respect. We know that on your side of the fence that is a rare thing but I encourage you to try anyways.

Let's not go down this road. Respect is deserved, but we don't need a red propaganda machine either. Neither will be tolerated on this forum. We are apolitical.

Per forum rules:

Please be informed that ThaiVisa is an apolitical discussion forum, meaning that we take an unbiased position in regard to political matters in Thailand. As such, ThaiVisa will not permit itself to become a sounding platform for members to lobby other members to effect changes to or suggestions on political issues or Thai government decrees. This does not mean that members cannot voice a political opinion as ThaiVisa is first and foremost a discussion forum, but lobbying for any kind of action is forbidden.

BANGKOK IN CHAOS

Think twice before arresting Suthep : police warned

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Police will tactically allow protesters to lay siege Metropolitan Police Bureau before raiding and arrest rally chief Suthep Thaugsuban at the Government Complex.

A rally leader Sathit Wongnongtoey warned on Rajdamnoen rally site Tuesday that police should not do that because the bureau is very near the Government House.

"Listen carefully, if Khun Suthep is arrested, don’t underestimate the protesters. The bureau is near the Government House. Think twice before doing anything," Sathit said. He seemed to imply that the protesters could force their way into the Government House.

Suthep was charged of being treason on Monday. A chopper flew over Rajdamnoen rally site and distributed copies of Suthep’s warrants.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2013-12-03

I don't think the Thai Police are the least bit intimidated . Any fool who tries to storm a Police HQ of any kind and gets shot deserves what they get.

Pt completely brought this on themselves. They made the bogus murder charges against Suthep and Abhisit to try and force them to agree to the amnesty for the convicted fugitive and they declined deciding instead to stay their ground and fight the bogus charges. Then the government tried to ram it through anyway enraging hundreds of thousands of people with enough brains to understand what they were in a terribly underhanded fashion trying to do. The more arrest warrants and charges they try to heap on Suthep the less likely he is to stop, the more pressure they add is just adding to the problem. It has gotten to the point where if he loses he could be executed but if he wins then he was right, so he must win at all costs. So stop blaming Suthep for being crazy, he is fighting for his life here, desperate times call for desperate measures and all that, how do you thi8nk you would react in such a situation....?

Bogus murder charges? Can you back up that statement with facts or are they just present in your mind? Over 80 people died. Please stop your yellow propaganda machine for a moment and show some respect. We know that on your side of the fence that is a rare thing but I encourage you to try anyways.

Actually, 93 people died. Including soldiers and bystanders killed by red shirt grenades. Do police chiefs get charged with murder whenever a police man shoots someone?

They've been charged in a personal (civilian) capacity with giving orders to the army to use live ammunition. Why would the army listen to orders from normal civilians? Besides that, did they give orders to kill anyone?

They're bogus charges because they were doing their jobs in an official capacity to keep law and order after the red shirts brought out their armed militia.

• Like 1

Well done Suthep, you had the courage to take on a family with enormous wealth and power. It's not over by a long way but many Thai people appreciate your efforts to rid Thai politics of the rich capitalists' dominance with their CEO approach.

Let civil power flourish, welcome civic groups, community leaders ( anybody notice how the government's so called public hearings on the enormous flood management scheme have been received by the uninformed locals?), let's write a new constitution with input from all sectors and in the meantime have an interim government run by respected figures.

• Like 1

Thai Local Arrest Warrant Competition 2556

thaksin : suthep

11 : 2

With the OP having this

"As head of the so-called People's Democratic Reform Committee, Suthep was held responsible for street unrests in the Thai capital and its suburban areas since the past week."

you might consider adding some of our UDD (co-)leaders to the list rolleyes.gif

Peoples Democratic Reform Committee, Democratic Republic of North Korea, Democratic Republic of Congo, all have

one thing in commin,........................ None of them are democratic. While I may not be a fan of the current administration,

Suthep is a nut job and it is about time they arrested this guy and put him in the monkey house. However this is Thailand

and as there is a big difference between fishing and catching, here there is a big difference between issuing an arrest warrant

and seeing this guy behind bars.

Well done Suthep, you had the courage to take on a family with enormous wealth and power. It's not over by a long way but many Thai people appreciate your efforts to rid Thai politics of the rich capitalists' dominance with their CEO approach.

Let civil power flourish, welcome civic groups, community leaders ( anybody notice how the government's so called public hearings on the enormous flood management scheme have been received by the uninformed locals?), let's write a new constitution with input from all sectors and in the meantime have an interim government run by respected figures.

So the reds have one rich capitalist backing them (Thaskin) are you trying to say the other side has none? Very funny!

So the reds have one rich capitalist backing them (Thaskin) are you trying to say the other side has none? Very funny!

Yes, let's have everything apart from..... DEMOCRACY! DON'T LET THE PEOPLE SPEAK!!!

Yet another TV member who are actually buying into what that very corrupt politician Suthep is saying. It makes me sick.

"He seemed to imply that the protesters could force their way into the Government House."

Well... the police just caved in at their HQ.

They didn't 'cave-in'; they removed the barriers before the protesters even got to the site en-masse and there was an announcement they would allow the protesters to camp in the grounds. IMO a clever and strategic move that knocks the wind out of Suthep's sails. This man loses face more and more with each passing day. And note that 'rent-a-thug' are the ones hurling stones, bomblets, stealing vehicles and breaking the barriers. They sure ain't office workers and middle class!

Yes they did cave... they ceded territory because they in no way could have stopped the anti government protesters today without out a lot of bullets being fired. It's the police that have lost face today and not the anti government protesters. I'm watching it now and they don't seem to have the wind taken out of their sails. Indeed, they rather seem emboldened.

" they in no way could have stopped the anti government protesters today without out a lot of bullets being fired....."

exactly, from the little I have seen of the RTP, they are very, very different from western counterparts - eg USA UK.

Lost face ? depends how you look at it, personally I think they have gained a lot more credibility, how many lives were not lost by their action.

The protesters appear to be playing chequers, I would suggest RTP are into chess.