Australian Rules Football 2014 - Tipping, Chat & The Dream Team

chooka

I read a few years back that the NFL draft draw is handed out like a lottery draw in other words you put your hand in the barrel and pull out a number ie 7 so your 7th in line, i google it to check and they use the same system as ours, if thats the case......im expecting a priority pick mr bookman and we will on trade it to you from mr franklin.

The draft has evened out the competition up to a point but few of the lesser clubs not counting your Swans have really used it well to get a premiership.

And who is penalizing us supporters? dont understand mr bookman, my rant about Baily and Needle and the admins that hired them was to give you guys some understanding of how a club lost its way and for a long time.

The Dees would have to be the worst team in the last 50 years even worse than chooks Saints apart from a spell in the 90s and early 00 we have done spectacularly sweet <deleted>** all, ho we did make 2 grand finals...Hawks trounced us and the Bombers kicked a record GF score hmmmm..

My point about penalising supporters was in relation to having a lucky dip draft. That would penalise supporters.

Melbourne is going through some tough times and i do feel for you, but things do change. Swans finished last in 1992, 1993, 1994.

1996 Swans finished top of the ladder and won the gran final against North Melbourne. (At least that's how i like to remember it tongue.png )

James Hird meets with senior Essendon players including Jobe Watson ahead of return in 2015

EXILED Essendon coach James Hird has met with senior Bombers players ahead of his return to the club on Monday.

Hird and players including skipper Jobe Watson, Brendon Goddard and Dyson Heppell held talks at a South Melbourne restaurant two weeks ago. Watson called for the meeting with the approval of stand-in coach Mark Thompson.

THE TACKLE: BOMBER AND HIRD SHOULD CO-COACH

The players left the gathering supportive of Hird's return as the club's senior coach in 2015.

Hird's 12-month AFL suspension expires at 2am on Monday.

The Bombers yesterday confirmed Hird would be restricted to backroom duties until the side's 2014 campaign has ended.

"James will work with Neil Craig and other key football department staff in preparing the football program for the 2015 season," a club spokesman said.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/james-hird-meets-with-senior-essendon-players-including-jobe-watson-ahead-of-return-in-2015/story-fni5f6kv-1227029894447

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 1

How can you think about not picking the kangas.

Worst 50 point win against bullies i've seen all year.

Should be able to bring crows down to our level this weektongue.png

What concerns me is not who's going to be out but the fact Sam Wright keeps getting a game.

Majak daw has a serious injury too doesnt he?

You are lucky there or I'm sure they'd pick him too.

Adelaide by 30 points!

Dont make me change my mind Bookmanbiggrin.png

A smart man would be on the crows but sometimes loyalty gets in the wayfacepalm.gif

North do look a chance.

tongue.png

Fella's

I'll be barracking for North like crazy.

If other results go according to the ladder and North

beat Ade, my boys WCE will scrape into the 8.

• Like 2

Last game of the season for Richmond is against Sydney. For Richmond it wil lbe a have to win game. How will Rance go against Buddy? If Sydney has locked a top 2 will Buddy be rested? Will Rance be penalized for holding?

Richmond resurgence rides on Alex Rance's football

Athletes who can play football are a dime a dozen in the AFL age. What’s perhaps at an even greater premium these days are genuine footballers who happen to be athletic. And Richmond might have got lucky on that score with key defender Alex Rance.For much of the three decades it has mostly languished in the football wilderness, Richmond has been saddled with defences that couldn’t negate that well, and frankly butchered the ball on the rebound.

In his first few years at Punt Road, that was often the knock on Rance as well. But as the Tigers continue their late-season rally, compiling their longest unbeaten streak since their last premiership year of 1980, the tall defender has had a lot to do with both the victories, and the changing of that perception.

Football smarts, and in this case bloodlines, have much to do with it. Rance fares well on both counts, the lessons learnt from his father, former Footscray centre half-back and West Coast captain Murray Rance still invaluable even six seasons into his AFL career and having recently passed the 100-game milestone.

http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/richmond-resurgence-rides-on-alex-rances-football-smarts-20140820-106ekl.html

Edited by BookMan

Last game of the season for Richmond is against Sydney. For Richmond it wil lbe a have to win game. How will Rance go against Buddy? If Sydney has locked a top 2 will Buddy be rested? Will Rance be penalized for holding?

Richmond resurgence rides on Alex Rance's football

Athletes who can play football are a dime a dozen in the AFL age. What’s perhaps at an even greater premium these days are genuine footballers who happen to be athletic. And Richmond might have got lucky on that score with key defender Alex Rance.For much of the three decades it has mostly languished in the football wilderness, Richmond has been saddled with defences that couldn’t negate that well, and frankly butchered the ball on the rebound.

In his first few years at Punt Road, that was often the knock on Rance as well. But as the Tigers continue their late-season rally, compiling their longest unbeaten streak since their last premiership year of 1980, the tall defender has had a lot to do with both the victories, and the changing of that perception.

Football smarts, and in this case bloodlines, have much to do with it. Rance fares well on both counts, the lessons learnt from his father, former Footscray centre half-back and West Coast captain Murray Rance still invaluable even six seasons into his AFL career and having recently passed the 100-game milestone.

http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/richmond-resurgence-rides-on-alex-rances-football-smarts-20140820-106ekl.html

I spat the coco pops out when I read this, thanks BookMan!

Some wally also reckons he should be in the AA squad/side.

I must be watching a different game because I reckon he's

ordinary under pressure with poor decision making and even worse skills.

I could name 6 better fullbacks off the top of my head than Rance and

more if I actually sat down and thought about it.

I'm hoping Sydney towel up Richmond in the last game so my boys can get it.

• Like 1

Could be more pain for Alex and Melbourne.

James Frawley’s modest season could mean Melbourne might miss first-round compensation pick

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/afl/james-frawleys-modest-season-could-mean-melbourne-might-miss-firstround-compensation-pick/story-fniv6abm-1227031154227

Ouch

Leigh Matthews believes Frawley is not in the league’s top 100 players, saying this month: “If he wasn’t a free agent, no one would be thinking about recruiting him. He’s an OK player.”

• Like 1

I spat the coco pops out when I read this, thanks BookMan!

Some wally also reckons he should be in the AA squad/side.

I must be watching a different game because I reckon he's

ordinary under pressure with poor decision making and even worse skills.

I could name 6 better fullbacks off the top of my head than Rance and

more if I actually sat down and thought about it.

I'm hoping Sydney towel up Richmond in the last game so my boys can get it.

If Sydney win this week and have shored up the 1st/2nd possie in whatever manner they want they may rest some players for the last game against Richmond, or at the minimum, not risk injury with a tough game.

• Like 1

Looks like another nail in the coffin at Carlton for Garlett.

Carlton forward Jeff Garlett charged with affray over late-night incident

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-08-20/police-charge-for-garlett

I have a strong feeling he will end up back home in the West next year.

We'd take him, but wouldn't give much.

Remembered this from last month.

Carlton football operations manager Andrew McKay said while the players were the victims,

the fact they were out so late and covered up Robinson’s involvement was very disappointingwhistling.gif

Could be more pain for Alex and Melbourne.

James Frawley’s modest season could mean Melbourne might miss first-round compensation pick

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/afl/james-frawleys-modest-season-could-mean-melbourne-might-miss-firstround-compensation-pick/story-fniv6abm-1227031154227

Ouch

Leigh Matthews believes Frawley is not in the league’s top 100 players, saying this month: “If he wasn’t a free agent, no one would be thinking about recruiting him. He’s an OK player.”

I respect leigh's opinions. .

I think $700k is too much, even 600K.

I do think he could do well at Sydney, but for a realistic price and in defence. Given the choices between him and malceski I would take malceski, despite Malceski's age.

• Like 2

Carlton football operations manager Andrew McKay said while the players were the victims,

the fact they were out so late and covered up Robinson’s involvement was very disappointingwhistling.gif

Neither he nor Robinson have done their negotiating price any favours, being out of contract end of this season.

West Coast to take them as a package KhunWill?

Neither he nor Robinson have done their negotiating price any favours, being out of contract end of this season.

West Coast to take them as a package KhunWill?

We'd take Garlett as he's a WA boy mate.

I wouldn't really be keen on Robinson.

Apart from the fact he looks like an extra from Deliverence,

I don't think he's that good.

• Like 1

Here's a couple of bogan's having a crack at reliving some career highlights..

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/video/2014-08-21/swanstv-dew-and-davis-go-head-to-head

The Davis goal brings back some very good memories of being at the game and at the very end that history was made wink.png

Video comes up as 'item not currently available'

I'll try later if i remember

Speaking to Somchai (my go to som tum guy) he's been hearing chatter on the soi that Garlett's been in talks with Brisbane given their excellent success with previous Carlton dickheads, word is 'Can Do' Campbell has put up assurances. Somchai said it was all a bit hush hush at the moment.

I've also asked him to do my tips for the last 2 rounds of the season, if he does well I'll look to continue his services next season tongue.png

Maybe Somchai and Chimpy will both join the tipping comp next year

• Like 2

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/video/2014-08-21/swanstv-dew-and-davis-go-head-to-head

The Davis goal brings back some very good memories of being at the game and at the very end that history was made wink.png

Gee, Stewie Dew's still got a leg on him.

He's been in a decent paddock as well just quietlytongue.png

• Like 2

yeah some good kicking there. I am surprised they showed nick davis's first kick as he is meant to be the goal kicking coach.

i thought they both looked like they were grazing from the same paddock

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 1

yeah some good kicking there. I am surprised they showed nick davis's first kick as he is meant to be the goal kicking coach.

i thought they both looked like they were grazing from the same paddock

Stewy's never stopped grazing!

He's pretty handy on his alternate foot as well... First and last goal attempts...

Edited by GrantSmith

One would imagine Ed not being that happy about thisbiggrin.png

Jeff Kennett says time for Eddie McGuire to stand down as Collingwood president

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/afl/jeff-kennett-says-time-for-eddie-mcguire-to-stand-down-as-collingwood-president/story-fniv64s8-1227031916206

I'd be happy for him to stay in the job and keep doing what he is doing for Collingwood right now w00t.gif

• Like 2