Thai protest leaders call on caretaker government to step down

webfact

As we all know bribery of votes will most certainly happen,which is quite usual. So why not make it officially run by the Government,with checks and balances. i.e come and collect your voting allowance,and sign for the allotted amount,no more or less per voter. And then you may vote for whoever is deemed worthy. any further renumeration observed should be illegal and votes in that area declared null and void!

Just a thought!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oldsailor said "How can the leader of a mere 180,000 to 200,000 rabble rousers claim to be the voice of a population of 60 million." I wrote "don't know, ask some UDD leaders"

Now if you think this explains your 'they' and the 'won right to an early election" I think you're dreaming.

The subtity of a freely given early election is lost on most it would seem. Why you want to compare that with (what the just stepped down government and it's majority party Pheu Thai called) an 'unconstitutional' people council I don't know. Neither do I even try to fanthom why you keep asking me about the 'people council' as I never expressed any meaning and certainly no positive meaning on it.

Lastly you are indeed wrong in saying I support the 'people's council'. Under Thai circumstances I can understand why some propose it, but I think it's a step backwards. Better really fair elections without 'pre-election only' promises and free rallies by any and all candidates without opponents even throwing a wee pebble at candidates they don't like.

PS and of course without interference of criminal fugitives.

It's a good post.

But there will be interference by criminals. How many of Thailand's top fortunes and army brasses Dem backers do you think are corruption free?

The fact they haven't been convicted (and never will) is a premise to the larger problem.

Agree, works both ways. Mind you excluding some 'old' political families and their backers isn't easy. Still one has to start somewhere.

Shall we try to get all above 45 years of age excluded from standing as candidate? How to exclude the people in the back, those who just 'influence'?

No idea how to get this going, but if we exclude the obvious Thaksin c.s. it will be much easier to get at the others. IMHOwai.gif

Edited by rubl