Aussie Squad

Simmo

You want the glory and the passion.

:DI'm not the one here Croc who's predicting that Oz will win the World Cup...

It is promising that Oz is playing with the big guys for the first time since 1930, except for 1974 where they didn't manage to score one single goal.

Let's hope they do better this time :D

Don't take me so seriously....where is the Ozzie humor as I asked before? :o

LaoPo

Did you see the smilies mate? The sense of humour is there. If you want to play with the big boys (and I don't include Donz in that category) in the sports forums you will have to develop a thick hide. :D:D:D:D

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You want the glory and the passion.

:DI'm not the one here Croc who's predicting that Oz will win the World Cup...

It is promising that Oz is playing with the big guys for the first time since 1930, except for 1974 where they didn't manage to score one single goal.

Let's hope they do better this time :D

Don't take me so seriously....where is the Ozzie humor as I asked before? :D

LaoPo

Did you see the smilies mate? The sense of humour is there. If you want to play with the big boys (and I don't include Donz in that category) in the sports forums you will have to develop a thick hide.

I know what sheep and crocs with thick hides are, Croc :D The first we have also, the second only in the local Zoo :o

Oh, and Donz: I know, it's nice to be dreaming, isn't it? Will you be in Germany from next week on and wearing a crocs' 'Lederhosen' ? :D

LaoPo :D

Edited by LaoPo

It's nice to see the World Cup-fever has finally started and reaching high temperatures already.

The first kick is in Berlin yet to be given. :o

LaoPo

Austria, Austria, who's Austria?? I can't see any team called Austria qualified for the World Cup.

Oh come on OLD Croc, I know your an Aussie (thats NO excuse) but not knowing who Austria are, well spam and more spam, in fact spam on toast. :D:D

It's called English sense of humour, I'm sure you've come across it before, hopefully anyway. :D

I can feel the heat rising, and it's still 4 days away......FANTASTIC.

COME ON INGERLAND :o

I'm sorry Greg.d, I'd forgotten the smilies on my last post.

For some background on my knowledge of the English sense of humour try searching through the several threads relating to the last ashes test series. I'm sure there will be nothing new thrown up here! Similarly you, and others, might gain an understanding of the dry and sarcastic Aussie sense of humour.

:o:D:D

Edited by Old Croc

For some background on my knowledge of the English sense of humour try searching through the several threads relating to the last ashes test series. I'm sure there will be nothing new thrown up here! Similarly you, and others, might gain an understanding of the dry and sarcastic Aussie sense of humour.

:o:D:D

N

:D :D :D

N

OOPS, N..god knows what that means (error)

No worries, I have some excellent Aussie mates in Thailand, they really are a f#cking laugh (better in alot of cases far more sense of humour than the Poms) :o

Anyways it's going to be a great comp. whatever happens I'm sure.

PS What are the Ashes?? :D:D

We dominate many other sports, I guess soccer will be the next one.

Sorry.....................................I thought England were still Rugby World Champions, and we had a little bag of burnt out offerings in our grasp too.

Swimming maybe. But remember Aussies can swim well for the same reason Blacks can run well. :o

aussies very lucky against holland,but a good result for australia you need luck in the world cup and i hope they do well.

I'm with you there...........all joking aside, I'd love to see the Aussies down a few at Soccer. :o

N

OOPS, N..god knows what that means (error)

No worries, I have some excellent Aussie mates in Thailand, they really are a f#cking laugh (better in alot of cases far more sense of humour than the Poms) :o

Anyways it's going to be a great comp. whatever happens I'm sure.

PS What are the Ashes?? :D:D

They're a cricket trophy that England currently holds. Luckily they weren't on the line when Sri Lanka thrashed them in a test match yesterday! :D

Australia biggest Cup threat: Nakamura

World Cup holders Brazil may be the favourites to top Group F but Japan playmaker Shunsuke Nakamura believes Australia will provide the Asian champions with their sternest test of the first round.

Japan open their campaign against Australia in Kaiserslautern next week and Nakamura says similarities in the styles of the two teams will make it awkward to break Guus Hiddink's side down.

"I think the Australians are similar to Japan and perhaps because of that it will make them the most difficult team for us to play against," Nakamura said after a recent training session. "They have a solid defensive midfielder (in Vince Grella), who is good on the ball and play one up front, and will have (Marco) Bresciano buzzing around causing problems.

"I think it will be easier for us against Croatia," the Celtic midfielder said of Japan's second opponents. "Croatia play two up front and tend to sit back a bit and I think it will be easier for us to cope with them."

Nakamura, who has enjoyed a fine first season at Scottish powerhouse Celtic, scored a blockbuster as Japan came within a whisker of stunning Brazil in a 2-2 draw at the Confederations Cup in Germany last summer.

AAP

Aye, and while you're at it greg, notice the barrage of dirt thrown at us... they just couldn't have it back, especially when we finally nailed the coffin lid shut, as with the ruggers :D. Aussie sense of humour? Bunch of girls :o:D

Talk all you want, It wont change the fact the cup will be i OZ.

Donz, are you The Fly?

The only way it's going to be in Oz is if you nick it like a dirty loaf of bread :o:D

Jeez man! Don't give 'em that idea. Some bright spark will think up the idea of putting them all in a prison ship and shipping them to England. :D

How many of the Aussie team were actually born in Australia?

All of 'em actually except the reserve keeper Kalac. Most are second generation aussies from a variety of ethnic backgrounds Italian (Grella, Bresciano) , Croation (Viduka, Popovic), Jewish (Skoko) & more. Cahill's mother is Samoan, he had some selection trouble because he played under-20's for Western Samoa and had to get a special ruling from FIFA to play for Australia.

We don't call it "wogball" back home for nothing :o

Congratulations to Australia

They won with a staggering 3-1 from Liechtenstein tonight -local time-.............. Liechten-....WHAT? :D

Well, Liechtenstein is a dwarf Principality in Europe enclosed by Switzerland and Austria with some 34.000 people...

But the Socceroos were very brave and won!

For those amongst you who don't know WHERE Liechtenstein is..... :o

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liechtenstein

see? you learned something :D

LaoPo

Edited by LaoPo