Good tv series

beechbum

Watched 'Whiplash' last night, and thought it excellent. The drum solo finale is impressive, as are the performances of the two leads.

Back to TV series, 'Fortitude', a new series from Sky Atlantic, and with a notable cast, has just started. Episode 1 of what I believe will be 10 available for download now:

Whiplash - Brilliant , the ending took my breath away.

Watched Fortitude also - Seems very watchable . A lot to unfold I think

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My recent favourites (movies rather than TV.. sorry.. no recent TV has grabbed me)

I Origins - about a scientist that sets out to prove the existence of eyes can be explained in terms of Evolution, with an interesting subplot.

Interstellar - In the not too distant future, as the Earth is hitting the end of days, a retired space pilot finds himself tasked with finding a new planet for people to migrate to

John Wick - Spoilt Russian gangster's son picks on the wrong bloke.

The Imitation Game - The story of Alan Turing

All good movies - But what about Night Crawler?

Last week tonight with John Oliver is back for a second season. Even though it's news topical if you haven't watched the first season I would recommend it. One episode resulted in an official protest from the thai govt and him becoming person non grata in Thailand. In another he interviews Steven Hawking which is one of the funniest interviews I've seen.

Not a TV series, but a series of 8 episodes.

Lost Evidence. The Pacific. Hell On Earth.

Uses recently discovered aerial fotos and overlays them onto contour maps. Tracks the battles from start to finish.

Neat technology. Good series.

just saw a new comedy last night, 'Last man on earth', quite funny, also makes you think about what you would do if you were the last man on earth

I just watched the first episode and it was golden :)

just saw a new comedy last night, 'Last man on earth', quite funny, also makes you think about what you would do if you were the last man on earth

I just watched the first episode and it was golden smile.png

Hmmmm......not bad, but, not overly impressed, either.

Will watch a couple more episodes before I make up my mind.

• 2 weeks later...

Backstrom, a new serie a bit of "Colombo meets House" nice though

i was just about to post about that. i've watched 3-4 eps now and quite enjoying it.

of course i'm still devastated about the lack of top gear, http://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/mar/16/bbc-top-gear-jeremy-clarkson-suspension

https://www.change.org/p/bbc-reinstate-jeremy-clarkson

Archived