Good tv series

beechbum

Wolf Hall episodes 1 & 2 out now.

Didn't win me over. Was like watching 'good actor/bad actor' and based on a godawful pair of books. Felt a bit like one of those hideous 'period re-enactments' one has the misfortune to stumble across at the Globe or in Stratford every now and again.

Nice to see Damian Lewis actually playing an Englishman for once though...

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

For those who have enjoyed 'Suits', it's started again with a continuance of season 4 (latest episode is 11).

Fyi, Pirate Bay appears to be fully up and running agai .

PB's not working for me.

Also The Blacklist has started again.

Ah, I was using an old address for PB, it's working at .to

Edited by beechbum

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

For those who have enjoyed 'Suits', it's started again with a continuance of season 4 (latest episode is 11).

Fyi, Pirate Bay appears to be fully up and running agai .

PB's not working for me.

Also The Blacklist has started again.

Ah, I was using an old address for PB, it's working at .to

I just tested TPB - got "Boyhood 2014 BluRay 720p" fairly quickly, although I'm not so sure the film is all it's cracked up to be.

Load of rubbish. The gimmick is that it took twelve years to film, so, you actually see the lead age in real life. No real story, to speak of.

Will probably take the Oscar for something, or other.

You're clearly referring to my post about the film "Boyhood".

I was surprised to see Patricia Arquette looking almost attractive, as I recalled her in the TV series "Medium" where she's "plumped up" quite a bit. Then I remembered the film was shot over 12 years, as you say.

The good news is, I didn't waste 2 3/4 hours of my life watching it - I gave up after 11 minutes. Totally boring rubbish. Who the heck wants to watch somebody's boring life spanning several years for 2 3/4 hours? Incredible. Worse than "Birdman".

Birdman.......yet, another movie that the critics seem in awe of.

Crappy plot, but, I'll give some credit to Michael Keaton for his acting.

Boyhood and Birdman must be the two worst Oscar contenders since Crash.

I really hope Clint Eastwood cleans up at the awards.

Watched 'Whiplash' last night, and thought it excellent. The drum solo finale is impressive, as are the performances of the two leads.

Back to TV series, 'Fortitude', a new series from Sky Atlantic, and with a notable cast, has just started. Episode 1 of what I believe will be 10 available for download now:

I've been watching Mad Dogs about a group of friends from the UK that go and visit their mate in Mallorca. They get tangled up in drugs, illicit cash, corrupt police and murder.

Sounds good so downloading seasons 1 & 2.

Thanks for this tip.i'm watching it on Xbmc which has 4 seasons available and I'm almost finished season 2. It's a bit like a Guy Ritchie movie without the humor

My recent favourites (movies rather than TV.. sorry.. no recent TV has grabbed me)

I Origins - about a scientist that sets out to prove the existence of eyes can be explained in terms of Evolution, with an interesting subplot.

Interstellar - In the not too distant future, as the Earth is hitting the end of days, a retired space pilot finds himself tasked with finding a new planet for people to migrate to

John Wick - Spoilt Russian gangster's son picks on the wrong bloke.

The Imitation Game - The story of Alan Turing

Edited by rwdrwdrwd