can i use my kasijorn visa savings card in uk ? whats the deal

I've used my Kasikorn Debit Card in the UK as recently as a couple of months ago, no problems whatsoever.

You obviously draw GBP's and the bank will debit your account in Baht. I cannot remember what the fee was, but it was not excessive and certainly ok as a back up, which was my intention.

You can also use it in shops and restaurants to pay for goods and meals, though some shop and restaurant staff are not programmed to process non "chip and pin" cards, they do work though.

• Like 1

thanks oldgit, i just tried to make an online order with mine last night and it didnt go through .

You cant use it online unless you enable it, you also have a "virtual"card available for online purchases through internet banking, use it , then switch it off for safety.

I've used my Kasikorn Debit Card in the UK as recently as a couple of months ago, no problems whatsoever.

You obviously draw GBP's and the bank will debit your account in Baht. I cannot remember what the fee was, but it was not excessive and certainly ok as a back up, which was my intention.

You can also use it in shops and restaurants to pay for goods and meals, though some shop and restaurant staff are not programmed to process non "chip and pin" cards, they do work though.

a friend of mine is using it since nearly two years in Bolivia and Peru for hotels, restaurants and (big) shops without any problems.

It works fine but be aware that there's a high risk of your card being skimmed because the banks and police don't really bother to fight it any more because all UK customers have chip and pin cards so it's not an issue for them. I don't blame them - why should they waste time and money trying to protect visitors from backward countries whose banks use obsolete technology? Fortunately Kasikorn will be updating to chip and pin next year.

It works fine but be aware that there's a high risk of your card being skimmed because the banks and police don't really bother to fight it any more because all UK customers have chip and pin cards so it's not an issue for them. I don't blame them - why should they waste time and money trying to protect visitors from backward countries whose banks use obsolete technology? Fortunately Kasikorn will be updating to chip and pin next year.

hi,

are you saying that my 2 kasikorn cards could be used for fraud ? and i have no come back ? yes i understand that if someone got hold of my pin number then they could withdraw funds....but how else ?

hi,

are you saying that my 2 kasikorn cards could be used for fraud ? and i have no come back ? yes i understand that if someone got hold of my pin number then they could withdraw funds....but how else ?

Rouges can make a copy, and then go on a shopping spree.

Happened to me some years ago when my Nat West Credit Card was copied in the UK and someone went on a shopping spree in South Korea, they spent over £6000, ending the day in Burger King, I knew nothing about it until I received my statement.

Nat West cancelled the charges and issued a new card fairly quickly, dealing with the bank was a painless experience, anecdotal evidence is that it would not be as easy with a Thai bank.

The skimming devices they use often copy the pin you type in too, or they put a camera somewhere. Last time I was in London I saw several police notices near cash machines warning people that the area was high in fraud. Best to use machines that are in secure buildings like banks or stations. It's not like Thailand where there are ATMs everywhere and skimming is not an issue.