Bottle bombs, brick hurled into anti-govt protest leader's home

webfact

Bottle bombs, brick hurled into protest leader's home, no injuries reported
By Digital Content

13874213773695.jpg

BANGKOK, Dec 19 -- Four bottle bombs and a brick were hurled into the home of Chitpas Bhirombhakdi, a leader of the anti-government People’s Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) at Ramkhamhaeng Soi 12, but no injuries were reported.

The incident occurred at about 3.40am this morning after Ms Chitpas, former Democrat Party Bangkok MP candidate, had returned home for around one hour.

Hua Mark police and forensic experts inspected the scene and found that a white Volkswagen van was damaged by the bottle bomb but no one was injured in the attack.

A security guard told police that four men wearing helmets to cover their faces passed by on motorcycles before the petrol bombs and a brick were hurled at the premises.

A CCTV camera recorded the incident and its images will be inspected to identify the assailants.

Police initially believed that political conflicts would be one motive for the attack. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2013-12-19

EOD inspects Jitpas’s house at Hua Mark

Bb0ZwgFIMAAZ8om-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A team of Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) and Hua Mark station police inspected the home of Jitpas Bhirombhakdi, a leading member of the People’s Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) this morning after it was attacked with a fire bomb.

Jitpas, or well-known as Tant, is helping the PDRC to give information to foreign media in English at the Democracy Monument every midnight. She was also a former election candidate of the Democrat party in Bangkok.

The house which was attacked with fire bomb is located on Ramkhamhaeng Soi 12.

The petrol bomb attack damaged a Volkswagen van when it caught fire but immediately put out. Nobody in the house was injured.

Security guards at the house said that four men in crash helmets arrived in two motorcycles and one pillion rider hurled a petrol bomb into the house and immediately escaped.

The police established political conflict as the probable cause of the attack.

It was not immediately known if Jitpas was in her father’s home or not during the attack, but she normally would return home after the midnight news briefing to foreign media.

Tags: Democrat, EOD, Jitpas, PDRC, petrol bomb, political conflict.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/eod-inspects-jitpass-house-hua-mark/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2013-12-19

'Police initially believed that political conflicts would be one motive for the attack.' Really? This is not the first time something like this has happened. Another anti-govt leader's car was torched about a month ago IIRC.

Wow, the Royal Thai Police are very clever.

1_display.jpg

• Like 1

now dont shoot me down, but hear me out first.

im neither for or against the reds or yellows or browns or blues, or whatever the fancy calling themselves today.

i have no interest in a political system i can not vote for.

but i overheard a funny conversation in our village last saterday.

a girl in the shop was talking to the shop owner, saying that sm yellow protesters would go to protest to the leaders homes because they have not been paid.

she said her sister was among them, and they had been promissed 700 baht per day.

i dont know if this is true or not, but the plot thickens me thinks.

lot going on we know jack about.

now fire away.

• Like 1

im neither for or against the reds or yellows or browns or blues, or whatever the fancy calling themselves today.

a girl in the shop was talking to the shop owner, saying that sm yellow protesters would go to protest to the leaders homes because they have not been paid.

she said her sister was among them, and they had been promissed 700 baht per day.

now fire away.

When did you hear this? The Yellow shirts haven't protested in three years.

whatever u wish to call them sir, they,re still the same bunch. call them what u want, it makes no difference to the fact.nitpicking comes to mind

Sorry but this being an online forum, we tend to disbelieve people who tell about overhearing someone else doing this and that.

Like I can say I heard a red shirt near my soi who said he was directly paid by Yingluck 750 baht to throw those bombs. So the plot thickens.

• Like 1

now fire away.

Nice attempt at trolling, but really, epic fail.

• Like 1

now fire away.

whatever u wish to call them sir, they,re still the same bunch. call them what u want, it makes no difference to the fact.nitpicking comes to mind

actually what comes to mind is a load of total bullshit made up to further your biased views, you really need to get a life outside your red machinations

now fire away.

actually what comes to mind is a load of total bullshit made up to further your biased views, you really need to get a life outside your red machinations

i have no red machinations, ??, just said what i heard, is that so hard to understand without getting personal??

POLITICS
Unknown assailants attack house of rally leader

30222478-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A bomb attack at the house of rally leader, Chitpas Bhirombhakdi on Ramkhamhaeng Road in Bangkok's Bang Kapi district early on Thursday morning may have been politically motivated, police said.

The explosion damaged the bonnet of a van that Chitpas uses to travel to the Rajdamnoen rally site. She is one of the leaders of the current antigovernment protests.

Witnesses said that at about 3.40am, four assailants on two motorcycles hurled four firebombs over the fence into the compound of her tworai house. The people in the house were asleep and no one was injured.

Chitpas was also in the house having returned earlier from the rally site. Security guards in the house put out the fire within 15 minutes.

Pol Lt Col Hassadin Noppawong na Ayuthaya, an investigator at Hua Mark police station said police have asked for the security camera installed in front of her house. He said politics could be the reason behind the attack because Chitpas always took to the stage of the rally site.

A CCTV camera recorded the incident and its images will be inspected to identify the assailants.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-12-19

" .... Tant, is helping the PDRC to give information to foreign media in English at the Democracy Monument every midnight ... "

so you mean she tries to manipulate the foreign media cheesy.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gif

Even if she was attempting to manipulate the foreign media, it is nothing compared to Thaksin PTP government who constantly manipulate the THAI media.

• Like 1

or did i burst ur bubble?

that sir suthep is not as clean as you were told???

and by the way, i also think mr t should face the music.

its about it will all be the same same but different.

Now your red stuff is definitely starting to leak out.

Let's keep this going until you turn into another one of the rabid red pro Yingluck / PTP / DSI and anti-Suthep mad dogs that are wandering around yapping with no real cause like soi dogs in the ghetto.

There are many authenticity problems with the photo above that came from the Nation. That sucks.

It appears the van was sprayed with water, moved back a few inces, and then photographed. This must be true because there is a dry spot in front of each of the front tires. The water was sprayed on the van, and the van was moved back a few inches immediately afterwards. Notice the tire on the left is dry and the tire on the right (camera perspective) is wet. Since the wheels are turned, not facing straight, the dry tire travelled a greater distance than other and that is why the tire is dry. The part of the dry tire you can see was protected from the water by the van's weight when it was sprayed, and remained untouched by liquid. When they sprayed the water and then ingeniously moved the van for the picture, it exposed the dry part of the rubber to the camera. The other tire is wet because the front of the van pivoted on it and it did not turn.

Further, molotov cocktails make an impressive fireball and mini-mushroom cloud. Again, not one single object but the van was damaged, not even the very dried out bush to the right of the van.

This vehicle was damaged in one place and photographed in another.

With dwindling numbers at the protests, dwindling publicity, and dwindling interest, the timing is perfect to 'fuel the enraged protestors' for this weekend's newest march against the once again violent red menace. Pick whatever side you like, punters, but this picture is bullsh#t.

This photo op was poorly staged and timed. 1zgarz5.gif

Shenanigans.

Edited by FangFerang
  • Like 1

There are many authenticity problems with the photo above that came from the Nation.

It appears the van was sprayed with water, moved back a few inces, and then photographed. This must be true because there is a dry spot in front of each of the front tires. The water was sprayed on the van, and the van was moved back a few inches immediately afterwards. Notice the tire on the left is dry and the tire on the right (camera perspective) is wet. Since the wheels are turned, not facing straight, the dry tire travelled a greater distance than other and that is why the tire is dry. The part of the dry tire you can see was protected from the water by the van's weight, and was dry. When they sprayed the water and then ingeniously moved the van for the picture, it exposed the dry part of the rubber to the camera. The other tire is wet because the front of the van pivoted on it. Further, molotov cocktails make an impressive fireball and mini-mushroom cloud. Again, not one single object but the van was damaged, not even the very dried out bush to the right of the van.

With dwindling numbers at the protests, dwindling publicity, and dwindling interest, the timing is perfect to 'fuel the enraged protestors' for this weekend's newest march against the once again violent red menace.

Sorry, but this photo op was poorly staged and timed. 1zgarz5.gif

If only you could provide a shred of evidence to back up your own assertion. So all we are left here with is your biased pro red rant.

Read what I wrote, look at the picture, and refute it logically. You can't!

People resort to name calling when evidence runs contrary to their opinion. The last resort of the intellectually incompetent.

cheesy.gif

The last resort of people who cannot prove their own lies is to come up with even more dishonesty and lies in order to disguise that the actually lost argument.

Better luck next time mate. We are all waiting for you to provide us with credible and reliable evidence.

wai2.gif

Edited by Mackie