what do you want to ask Thai people ?

thaiblether

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are Thai teacher's so good at making kids conform - haircuts, uniform, attendance etc, but not so good at making them think for themselves, ask questions, or indeed stay in school

I asked question already and now I waiting answer

http://pantip.com/topic/31432045%E0%B8%83

Because part of Thai culture is for the students to respect and listen to their teachers, so it is not so difficult for the teachers to make the students compliance. The teachers have not exposed themselves to the western teaching style, the style that allows student to think critically and to let students ask questions, they are used to Thai teaching style, so it is hard for them to teach otherwise. I hope by bringing more western teachers, it will help/influence/change the teaching style in Thailand.

• Like 1

why do so many Thai people hurry so they can walk past me in front of me instead of just passing behind me after i pass? i will be walking in a straight line and they coming zooming in from everywhere to cut me off. And, it is not because I am walking slowly.

Stop eating cheese and shower. You'll be ok.

Why are Thai teacher's so good at making kids conform - haircuts, uniform, attendance etc, but not so good at making them think for themselves, ask questions, or indeed stay in school

I asked question already and now I waiting answer

http://pantip.com/topic/31432045%E0%B8%83

Because part of Thai culture is for the students to respect and listen to their teachers, so it is not so difficult for the teachers to make the students compliance. The teachers have not exposed themselves to the western teaching style, the style that allows student to think critically and to let students ask questions, they are used to Thai teaching style, so it is hard for them to teach otherwise. I hope by bringing more western teachers, it will help/influence/change the teaching style in Thailand.

Example please of a course that teaches critical thinking in any of the education areas where there is a shortage of people in Thailand. Plumbers, electricians, doctors, nurses, engineers. Science needs people who can remember 2+2=4. Not a new math system. Rote learning is fine. 2+2=4. Germs = infection. Stop teaching football and dance and start teaching maths. Stop stupid sports days and have plumber and electrician days.

In a few years Thailand will have 400,000 college graduates in the wrong majors. Look at what the poly sci majors are doing today. Thailand don't need any more of them. Let me think, who graduated from a school in USA with a degree in Poly sci?

Thailand has got a shi***** of critical thinkers. It needs some more who can memorize simple things like how to earth a shower and drive a train and lay tracks. Wake up.

Why is there a need to add stupid sound effects to jokes made on TV-shows? Do Thai people not understand a joke, unless it is followed by a "boooinnnnggggggg" sound effect?

The question should be:

Aren´t they getting tired of the same 3-4 sound effects on every comedy/tv/radio show out there. It seems like everyone uses them 10 times a minute.......that gives me headache watching/listening. But maybe thats just a different kind of humor.

Two questions... Why not embrace good ideas from other countries as rule. And why is renting out daughters ok with so many people here...

They did. Kings Cross, Soho, Amsterdam, Hamburg, Las Vegas..........

For financial systems which banks should they choose? Lehman bros. The Hokkaidō Takushoku Bank, Ltd., Herstatt Bank, Germany, Home Bank of Canada, The Creditanstalt, Vienna.

I would like to ask these:

- How can they watch day by day these under IQ Thai soap operas with out any actor, actress, story and conception?

- Why do use high so Chinese girls curtains as clothes?

- Why do they think it is so lovely when they make these idiot self-pictures by their phones with V fingers?

- If you invite a few people to your home why do they come 5 times more than expected?

- Why do they think if they don't talk about something this doesn't exist (human traffic by own family, children prost., etc, etc)

- Have they plan or not to learn drive?

- Why do they carry kids in motorbikes with out helmet, and if something terrible is happened they talk about bad luck instead of their own idiocy?

- How long would they keep and stuff the high corrupted police, politician ans state officers?

- And who are you and why do you make joke with us here ???

If I would get answer to these questions it would be help a lot.

Ask them to join ThaiVisa. It'd be much more interesting to have Thai people posting here too. Much, much more interesting.

It would also give them a chance to perfect their English skills, so long as they avoid Bender's posts. (Sorry Bender wai2.gif )

Maybe, just maybe some Thais read and post actively in this forum as well. You just don't notice because you think every thai person's english is ****. But if you look around you might find some faithful souls defending their countrymen against the old migrant has-beens....

• Like 1

Why do Thai people use a toothpick in a restaurant, cover that with their hands when cleaning their teeth, but then start to pull some crap out of their noses with a finger, or two, without covering anything?

And why do some of them even eat that sometimes green, slimy and ugly looking stuff they took out of their noses?-smile.png

Edited by sirchai
  • Like 2

Ask them to join ThaiVisa. It'd be much more interesting to have Thai people posting here too. Much, much more interesting.

It would also give them a chance to perfect their English skills, so long as they avoid Bender's posts. (Sorry Bender wai2.gif )

Maybe, just maybe some Thais read and post actively in this forum as well. You just don't notice because you think every thai person's english is ****. But if you look around you might find some faithful souls defending their countrymen against the old migrant has-beens....

I try to learn English. not easy

I want to ask, "Why every single Thai person I meet asks me, "How long have you been in Thailand?"".

Thank you.

Depends who's asking, this is usually chosen as an alternative to asking:

Are you married / in a relationship?

Should I expect you can understand some Thai?

Do you like Thailand / Thai people?

Do you understand what the price should be?

How gullible are you?

Have you eaten yet?

Teachers are not an alternative to parenting.

Why is there a need to add stupid sound effects to jokes made on TV-shows? Do Thai people not understand a joke, unless it is followed by a "boooinnnnggggggg" sound effect?

Sound effects are cheaper and easier to find than good scriptwriters.

Whats the obsession with how much things cost, as soon as they ( family or friends etc) see you have something new or different the first words are "how much" ?, no matter where or what.

Because they want to know:

If you have money.

Whether you paid too much for it.

Whether theirs is more expensive.

Whether they could also afford it.

The current score in the keeping up with the Jones's contest.

Why do Thai people call me farang just because I prefer not to eat real spicy food?

Because you're a luk-krung and you should already know full-Thai's will take almost any oppty to point out your farang-ness.

Why some thai people asked "Are you here for work or sex?"

The answer to that question lies in the mirror I expect.

Why do you hire 200 people to service 5 customers in a shop?... and as a shop owner, do you never get annoyed of your employees just hanging around doing nothing?

Also please explain the business idea (advantage) of having 200 employees to do the job of 2 people...

They don't hire 200 people. Those sales reps are hired by the manufacturers, not the store. Just like beer girls.

How do you manage to eat four times more than any Farang can eat and still weigh 45 kg?

Because we eat every 2 hours our bodies don't need to store energy as fat.

• Like 1

Why do Thai drivers not use the blinkers of their car? Is it to hard to remember that or what is the reason to not use them?

Using indicators is like coyly asking for right of way.

Why can the Thai people accept the fact that the police don't do their job?

We have heard what traffic fines are like in your country. This is better.

Why is it that from 19:00 -19:30 pm there is no music on all the Thai radiostations, only news in Thai language?

Because that's when the news is on. duh.

Do Thais use a bum gun or toilet paper?

We don't smear our faeces, we wash them away.

Edited by IMHO
  • Like 1

Only thing I never understood about some Thai-parents, is how they can live with sending their daughters work in GoGo bars - and call them constantly for to have them send more and more money (even after they have built the house and bought the pick-up truck).

How they as parents can do that and live with themselves, I will never understand... Maybe you can ask that? Personally, I would rather work myself to death, than send my daughter into prostitution. But I guess these parents will not be members of that site anyway...

From what I gather it is to keep them honest, and out of politics. After all, look at all the choices the kids have from the poverty belt. A hooker can hurt herself and the punters, just look at what a politician can achieve..................thumbsup.gif

Why do Thai people always ask questions and never, never give information. Where I come from, Texas, it is impolite to ask a personal question. A person should always volunteer information about themselves. If the person spoken to wishes to volunteer information about themselves, they will do it. If not, get lost, and don't come back.

When i am asked, "Where are you going?" I ask, "Why is your business?"

and one more please:

- Why do they take up their dirty feet to the seat/bench in restaurants?

This is full disgusting and do this all of them irrespectively of graduated, social level or age.

Why is there a similar sign in the metropolitan line train here in london? Simple - because this is not a nationality issue. You dont have to be a complete idiot to realise this. Oh wait...