Tearful Yingluck vows to fight on

webfact

Crying ...... again ......... is it the only answer she has to everything?

Well this report says she's in Chiang Mai to inspect road works.

A report earlier today says she went to CM for a family holiday.

Regardless of the reason she's in CM and given the current turmoil, she should be in Bangkok leading her caretaker government. No maybes whatever.

Proves again she's a fake and incapable pm, nothing more / nothing less.

• Like 1

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carry on -- for what purpose?

For the Thai people?

Why not start over without any connection to Thaksin?

Why does she think she is so key?

Has she done a great job?

Did she come into the job with any significant qualifications in the first place except for nepotism?

Does their party have no purpose unless the leadership is directly connected to Thaksin?

Carry on -- for what purpose? - She is the elected Prime Minister of Thailand

For the Thai people? - Yes Over 15 million Thai people elected her party to government in the general election.

Why not start over without any connection to Thaksin? - She is his sister, she will always have a connection, you have no siblings?

Why does she think she is so key? - As acting PM she has to go ahead with the election that was called by royal decree.

Has she done a great job? - That will be for the Thai people to decide on 2nd Feb (or whenever)

+1

For the Thai people?

Did she come into the job with any significant qualifications in the first place except for nepotism?

Does their party have no purpose unless the leadership is directly connected to Thaksin?

"Did she come into the job with any significant qualifications in the first place except for nepotism?"

Err how about a bachelors and a masters degree, both in public administration.

Answer your question???

Can you do a better job? and just what are your qualifications? w00t.gif

A 25 year old can have a bachelors and a masters degree, both in public administration with zero work experience. Education is obviously useful, but not the most important aspect of knowing how to control and lead a country. Her working life, her CV reads as a proxy of her family, where she was placed in AIS then SC Asset, mostly to execute someone else's desires and vision who could not be there (first because he was PM, and then because he was overseas).

It is certainly questionable whether another suitable candidate could have been found in 2011 that would have been more successful in getting votes, and more willing to just fly around the world avoiding her duties as a parliamentarian, that's a nice aspect of having someone who has a relatively small ego and zero experience to know what her duties actually are.

her assets are best listed as:

- Shinawatra surname and brother

- nice to look at

- ok on paper

- sufficiently malleable and soft to be acceptable to many who might not accept a more hardline approach, while giving huge hope to lobbiests and factions who all think (probably correctly) that it's easier to beat a softie than a toughie

- a woman and newcomer totally inexperienced (making any attack on her seem mean spirited)

Bear in mind she was elected having never said anything of substance.

Even though I and many others find her public presentation skills generally quite poor in both languages, she has improved markedly and now can stick to a script well, although it's quite clear she really doesn't actually know much about what is going on, how could she given that she doesn't make the decisions nor is she even attending parliament sessions anyhow.

It is somewhat annoying to know that all her advisors are probably paid handsomely, to tell her how to say things most other parliamentarians would have little problem saying themselves. Also it must be just as annoying for her to not be able to really run things herself, she was after all, swept into power not due to her own brain power, but rather her brother's; "Thaksin Kit, Peua Thai Tum" and you could add "Yingluck Bin" - however I don't really think she actually wants to do this job anyhow.

I never place much faith on qualifications alone, but rather work experience and proven success as a proof point, something she completely lacked coming into power.

Were she more experienced and powerful, perhaps things would be far worse, maybe they would be better - impossible to know. Certainly Samak (with a load more experience, a smarter guy, a more educated guy) proved quite a handful for Thaksin to control so Thaksin sold him down the river (from around April 2008 from memory) and eventually PPP were the ones who kicked him out and chose Thaksin's brother in law Somchai to replace him as party leader/PM rather than fighting for him regarding the cooking show and the defamation case and the firetrucks purchase case (all of which did not preclude him from continuing; and in fact this selection of Somchai was what led to the Newin faction breaking away and destroying Thaksin's empire for a while). Somchai was ineffectual but also hardly around long enough to do anything.

Having said all of that, if we accept she's hardly been any good, what choice do PT have?

If not her, we get Somchai (again), Yaowapa, Surapong as candidates - all also Thaksin 'clones' but without the appeals of Yingluck. Outside chance for Chalerm, Chaturon, very outside for Sanoh (who Thaksin doesn't trust but has to keep even though Sanoh exposed exactly how Thaksin works because THaksin needed the Wang Nam Yen faction votes, plus he's 80), very outside for a weak coalition partner simply so everyone can live with another hopeless ineffective politician who can get along with both sides of the house simply through being inept and friendly - i.e. a Chavalit, Banharn type character.

Steve, that's exactly right.

There is no one in the Shinawat clan with any charisma or public appeal. At the last election Yingluck looked good, sounded conciliatory and sincere.

But she lost the last 2 attributes with the amnesty bill, all she has now are her looks and tears.

It's not enough.

Time for Pongthep to step up!

Jingthing, on 26 Dec 2013 - 15:33, said:

"Feminism" Thai style. When in doubt -- CRY.

"Feminism" All over the world. When in doubt -- CRY.

Be careful there. My comment was not about misogyny as I do support actual feminism. Yingluck is not a feminist. She is a female, granted!

A bunch of brave man here acting her from behind your computer.

I suppose you are out in the BKK streets waving your red flag to support the government rather than sitting behind your computer commenting on the situation from the safety of your anonymity.

I am now Bangkok and I am observing. Today, we watched the helicopter landing to collect the registration documents. We also saw some of the older women from the various parties get accosted. This is the sacrifice that must be made to keep democracy alive in Thailand.

Those of you who wish to ridicule the PM who was legally elected and who had a legal mandate to govern demonstrate a perverse arrogance. Launching misogynistic tirades, heaping scorn on people who stood up to the various military dictatorships through the years and trying to impose your narrow minded views on the Thai people.

Yes, Thailand teeters on the brink of chaos and this is precisely what Suthep wants so that he can have his military coup.

Well here's a news flash. If Suthep and his cronies get in, it's ball game over for a large number of foreigners, many of whom are his most fervent supporters. The residency requirements will be tightened up and there will be a crackdown the likes that have been unseen before. If the elections are blocked and there is another military coup, I anticipate economic sanctions will be imposed and for those foreigners who rely on exports, good luck to you.

It is sad. 1 person died today. Yingluck must be held responsible for another Death.

I think so far almost 10 people died from the brutality of the Police, under the command of Yingluck/Thaksin.

The election rules and constitution must be changed so that evil Thaksin can no longer win.

Else it is the end of Thailand.

• Like 1

What a joke. The PM is in CM inspecting roadworks when billions of Dollars dissapear in the rice scam. Why is she not inspecting that?

Because the rice scam got exposed and the road construction scam is still putting money in her and her support networks pockets, while our roads "are full of rocks and holes"

For the Thai people?

"Did she come into the job with any significant qualifications in the first place except for nepotism?"

Answer your question???

Exactly his point, no qualifications at all to justify being put in the PM role. How about some experience in politics, not paper qualifications?

I don't think Jingthing has any asperations to be the Thai Prime Minister so his qualifications or whether he could do a better job or not are beside the point.

• Like 1

Yea but then who the heck is gonna be PM! I have asked this before and can't remember getting a clear answer. She was elected for four years, so until there is a new election she is the PM. IS it possible to extend the caretaker role for several more months? I don't think the constitution will allow that. If she is not the PM, one of the other PT MPs steps up and takes the job, that's how the system works.

She can't resign and 'hand power over to a people's council ' like these PDRC idiots are demanding she do.. she doesn't posses this 'power'

Because SHE was elected, not her brother, when a person is elected by an large margin, she is the PM, not a non-elected 'reform' council. You don't 'start over' because a majority of the eligibe voters want HER as PM. If that is not the case then let the 'reform' council bureucrats beat her in an election.

The bigger question now is, what is the legal mechanism if the vote is delayed, IMO they can delay the election as long as they want but SHE must stay caretaker PM until she is voted out of office.

Giving into Sutheps bully tactics will not solve anything and my guess is that the election must be held because the constitution does not allow an alternative, there is no reason to think that the polling stations cannot be made secure, Lets not forget they have elections in Iraq! Not the safest place but I think the situation here will be much more calm come election day.

We know the redshirts will insist on this, NO UNELECTED PMs or 'ruling bodies'.. and take to the streets as soon as the elected PM is deposed violently.

and for some reason the previous coup didn't make all these 'reforms' that the protesters are demanding, like there has to be a new coup for reform after every election.

She can resign. That would solve a lot of problems.

• Like 1

A bunch of brave man here acting her from behind your computer.

I suppose you are out in the BKK streets waving your red flag to support the government rather than sitting behind your computer commenting on the situation from the safety of your anonymity.

I am now Bangkok and I am observing. Today, we watched the helicopter landing to collect the registration documents. We also saw some of the older women from the various parties get accosted. This is the sacrifice that must be made to keep democracy alive in Thailand.

Those of you who wish to ridicule the PM who was legally elected and who had a legal mandate to govern demonstrate a perverse arrogance. Launching misogynistic tirades, heaping scorn on people who stood up to the various military dictatorships through the years and trying to impose your narrow minded views on the Thai people.

Yes, Thailand teeters on the brink of chaos and this is precisely what Suthep wants so that he can have his military coup.

Well here's a news flash. If Suthep and his cronies get in, it's ball game over for a large number of foreigners, many of whom are his most fervent supporters. The residency requirements will be tightened up and there will be a crackdown the likes that have been unseen before. If the elections are blocked and there is another military coup, I anticipate economic sanctions will be imposed and for those foreigners who rely on exports, good luck to you.

It is sad. 1 person died today. Yingluck must be held responsible for another Death.

I think so far almost 10 people died from the brutality of the Police, under the command of Yingluck/Thaksin.

The election rules and constitution must be changed so that evil Thaksin can no longer win.

Else it is the end of Thailand.

Don't forget that the Thaksin clan is also responsible for the cold weather the Tsunami and......

The policeman from today you can add to S's list of killed people.

For the Thai people?

Answer your question???

I have a girl working in my shop she have a bachelor degree in public administration, by your reasoning she is a master degree away from qualifying for PM position, her english level is similar to Yingluck tho.

• Like 2

There have been no live fire zones under Yingluck. More ordinary Thai people are behind her than behind those supported by the anti-democrats on this forum. Outside Bangkok and the South things look completely different.

BANGKOK: -- Northern rice farmers threatened to blockade Asian Highway early next year if the government fails to pay for the rice they have pledged with the government under the rice-pledging scheme.

One can clearly see that everyone in the north are Shin fans. Please explain how different this is from Bangkok and the south.

Women's secret weapon, tears.giggle.gif However, probably will not work in this case.

From a large family with 5 sisters, I know only too well their secret, problem with me it don't go down very well, it sticks in the gullet, I can see the ACTION of the PM only she knows if they are for real.

When a woman is upset normally it is not a tear, it is a sob non stop. I could be wrong but sorry NOT fooled, lived too long to be caught out by these heart searching tears. Hardened too much I am.

From a large family with 5 sisters, I know only too well their secret, problem with me it don't go down very well, it sticks in the gullet, I can see the ACTION of the PM only she knows if they are for real.

When a woman is upset normally it is not a tear, it is a sob non stop. I could be wrong but sorry NOT fooled, lived too long to be caught out by these heart searching tears. Hardened too much I am.

Is being a fruitcake a prerequisit for a cabinet post in the new Nutocracy?

Edited by blaze

Yea but then who the heck is gonna be PM! I have asked this before and can't remember getting a clear answer. She was elected for four years, so until there is a new election she is the PM. IS it possible to extend the caretaker role for several more months? I don't think the constitution will allow that. If she is not the PM, one of the other PT MPs steps up and takes the job, that's how the system works.

She can't resign and 'hand power over to a people's council ' like these PDRC idiots are demanding she do.. she doesn't posses this 'power'

Because SHE was elected, not her brother, when a person is elected by an large margin, she is the PM, not a non-elected 'reform' council. You don't 'start over' because a majority of the eligibe voters want HER as PM. If that is not the case then let the 'reform' council bureucrats beat her in an election.

The bigger question now is, what is the legal mechanism if the vote is delayed, IMO they can delay the election as long as they want but SHE must stay caretaker PM until she is voted out of office.

Giving into Sutheps bully tactics will not solve anything and my guess is that the election must be held because the constitution does not allow an alternative, there is no reason to think that the polling stations cannot be made secure, Lets not forget they have elections in Iraq! Not the safest place but I think the situation here will be much more calm come election day.

We know the redshirts will insist on this, NO UNELECTED PMs or 'ruling bodies'.. and take to the streets as soon as the elected PM is deposed violently.

and for some reason the previous coup didn't make all these 'reforms' that the protesters are demanding, like there has to be a new coup for reform after every election.

She can resign. That would solve a lot of problems.

Of course she can resign....

The last not elected premier, Surayud wasn't bad, in compare with the other premiers he was great....

For the Thai people?

Answer your question???

I have a girl working in my shop she have a bachelor degree in public administration, by your reasoning she is a master degree away from qualifying for PM position, her english level is similar to Yingluck tho.

I guess she is one brother away from qualifying as PM

• Like 2

Happy New Year Dear Lady. Chiang Mai loves you, and so do I.

Nobody would blame you if you wanted to walk away. Stay up north with family and friends, and let Thida take over. She'll sort out the opposition in short order.

If Yingluck is hiding in CM who will sort out the rice scam that makes billions of dollars dissapear? That jungle lady Thida?

At least she has seen the condition of the roads, and that they need to be fixed!

Why would she be inspecting, the highways department does that, is she acting PM, defense, highways, foreign minister-brilliant. All major Highways are a disgrace-1....2.... and so on never mind inter town and village roads. Road making and repairs monies allocated BUT where has it gone---same way floods-rice, too much to speak about, you do not have bring dems into this one. The worm is turning, no one else to blame when you create something you have to live with it.

Frankenstein comes to mind. ( that comment is not related to the PM.) before some nut tries to make mountains.

For the Thai people?

Answer your question???

Can you do a better job? and just what are your qualifications? w00t.gif.pagespeed.ce.fUUOmDCInI.gif alt=w00t.gif width=18 height=20>

And her Masters is from an American university but she cannot speak English. How did she pass that then?

Maybe she was a puppet student, same as she is a puppet PM, or maybe it was bought, same as many of her voters.

Which one do you think?

P.S. For confirmation of her English skills, watch her Al Jazeera interview and cry. That level would not get you into a half-decent high skool in the West.

No way is she qualified.

Not qualified, well there are some clever businesses in Khao San Rd who assist with that problem.