Protest leader strengthens readiness for 'Bangkok Shutdown' action

webfact

The support is so massive, why is Suthep so afraid to go into a sure win election?

for #@@#$ sake because elections cannot be free and fair when bought or bullied by Taksins cronies

Nobody with any credibility at all has suggested that the most recent elections were not conducted fairly.

Do you have one source? Even one link to any organization, international or otherwise, that even vaguely suggests the elections were stolen? That PT did not win fairly?

Just one will do!

Because if you don't, one has to wonder how you can be so sure of it.

Do you get out and speak to people or do you sit behind a computer all day? EVERY PERSON i speak to in passing states they recieved hand outs and CASH for their votes. My mates girlfriend sasy the Red shirt leaders in the village LOOK at all voting on the day to ensure the money was well spent.

er you and your CREDIBLE sources as NEWSPAPERS are credible are they? My god I am in pain with laughter! People themselves and THEIR stories are credible sources Sir!

bugg

Of course cash changes hands. I am interested in whether or not anybody credible actually believes the election was stolen. That in the absence of vote-buying the result would have been different.

While your mate's girlfriend may trump "NEWSPAPERS" as a source of information in your eyes and I don't doubt the specifics that she has reported to you, I would suggest that she is in no position to answer the question that really matters - was the election stolen?

And so I'll ask again. Were there any international observer organizations that declared the election to be fraudulent? How about domestic organizations? The EC found a few local problems, but they accepted the overall result at the time.

Mr. Abhisit certainly seemed to think he lost fair and square when he conceded. Has he revised that position since?

If the answer to any of the above is anything other than "No.", I am very interested to hear it. Can anyone provide me with a link?

Edited by cocopops
  • Like 2

The support is so massive, why is Suthep so afraid to go into a sure win election?

I think because there is no chance of the reds losing the election. Yingluck stated about a month ago that they will continue the rice scheme for two more years. That costs the country over 12 billion usd. It will surely give her almost all votes in the north. Indirectly is the biggestvote-buying scheme ever.

The massive support was against the amnesty bill. The government dropped that bill, so most reds can be red again.

And as the GOVERNMENT can borrow from overseas the votes are assured and payment to voters is assured. Remember she said THIS GOVERNMENT WILL NOT bring back the amnesty bill. We are looking at a new government .... and the return of the bill one way or another.

The rice scheme (which will continue two more years according to Yingluck) is the biggest vote-buying scheme. I do not think any Thaksinclan government will bring back the amnesty bill. The opposition against it was huge among reds too. Besides, I doubt that the missunderstood fugitive will risk returning to Thailand. His life would not be safe anymore.

for #@@#$ sake because elections cannot be free and fair when bought or bullied by Taksins cronies

Nobody with any credibility at all has suggested that the most recent elections were not conducted fairly.

Do you have one source? Even one link to any organization, international or otherwise, that even vaguely suggests the elections were stolen? That PT did not win fairly?

Just one will do!

Voters in many parts ae paid 300-500 baht for their votes ... fact

That in itself means it is not a fair vote. Give a poor person with no food 500 baht and he will vote for you

Just one will do!

That in itself means it is not a fair vote. Give a poor person with no food 500 baht and he will vote for you

That money is distributed to voters is beyond a doubt. By both sides wherever possible. That this turned the election is an extremely controversial claim that nobody credible seems to have made.

Has Abhisit himself, the guy who lost that election, claimed that he was robbed? Has anyone?

If the election was not stolen, and it seems to me so far there is no objective reason to believe it was, how can one possibly support the PDRC coup?

Accusations of corruption were made after the 2011 election (in which PT increased its share of the vote over the 2007 election) but the EC decided not to pursue any of these allegations. International observers found the elections fair. That doesn't mean no vote buying at all happened, but presumably these organisations and the EC decided that it was a very minor factor.

In any case why would PT need to buy the votes of poor people when their policies have helped poor people?

Just one will do!

Edited by tilac2
  • Like 2

My impression is there will be a huge turnout on the 13th. So huge that tv footage will show enough to deny any government/CAPO propaganda beyond all doubt.

Don't worry government/CAPO are very good in fooling people especially the northern audiences. They have years of experience of doing so! Money can make the world go roundw00t.gif

You're probably right, yet the massive support against the amnesty bill gives hope that the people in the north will start seeing some more of the nature of the beast.

This is only way given control Taksin has of ever getting rid of this evil totally corrupt party controlled 100% by a megalomaniac who will if he can turn Thailand into his own one party state

Now if Taksin and his clan where to do right thing and just leave then elections can be held and id be first to say let people decide. But if you don't understand yet this is not about democracy its about one man and one man only and his lust for power and revenge.

Some people have skill and ability to mesmerise huge numbers with their rhetoric and BS while their only aim is to further their goals. Many dictators had it such as Hitler, Gadafie and many more but it did not make them right

If Taksin went then most would be happy with an election but while he remains their will be no end. Any decent human being who cared for their country would have left the stage long ago but then Taksin, his clan and cronies are not decent people.

Suphet would not have been able to raise so many against Taksin if his party had acted at all honestly and fair instead of being thieving scum they are whose only care is total power, control and money and could not care less about poor who worship them.

Its pathetic to see and witness and I only hope those supporting Taksin don't see end result should he win because then their will be no freedom or democracy of an kind here.

And if your beloved would be dictator installs his appointed government, do you really think there will ever be freedom or democracy?

If I can quote you "for #@@#$ sake"!

ps: good to see you managed to squeeze Hitler into the post!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

More silly talk from the silly man, how about a list of the peoples council for a change, yknow names and details etc of whos going to right all the wrongs ? no ? ok well then having had 2 mths at this rhetoric and not one name, forgive me if i don't believe a word of it...... Thais might but i doubt itll be in the numbers some are dreaming of...... no doubt itll say millions like all the other bs rallies claimed.whistling.gif

I must say where i am now in Thailand, no one seems to believe anything will change this time around no matter what happens or who gets their way. Which is rather refreshing but the logical conclusion and no surprise thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

This movement unquestionably has the momentum. And the administration in its waning moments now appears to be reduced to some pretty lame talking points. And there is real excitement on the streets, a new found sense of empowerment among the Thai people. One can feel it in the air. And the administration ? All that appears to be left of the administration is Yingluck and her facebook page. It is fervently hoped that all resolve to violently quell this legitimate expression of the Thai people will be abandoned.

You got it all wrong - as a Thai friend told me today - the government has to do nothing - just sit back and wait. If the shutdown happens it is just a question of time until the people in Bangkok have enough of this.

What Suthep is counting on and is trying to instigate is violence to force the government to react or the military to step in. The leaders of the demonstrators will try by all means to provoke violence.

I hope the government will stay passive and this will be sorted out in no time.

Who in his right mind is considering to alienate his followers by destroying their economic base? Suthep is so rich that he can not contemplate what it is like to earn a living every day. Once people start loosing their income and others basic necessities he will fail.

God forbid they shut down electricity / internet servers / signals - half of his demonstrators would go home because they are only there because it is fashionable to post your selfie on Facebook as a demonstrator!

The government knows that - they only have to wait!

If Suthep would be clever and serious about reforms he would start negotiating now as long as he still holds some cards he can play.

But you just need to listen to him and look at him and know that he has lost it! Then again he might not be at liberty to negotiate - after all he is just being used as a pawn in this game as well!

• Like 1

I think because there is no chance of the reds losing the election. Yingluck stated about a month ago that they will continue the rice scheme for two more years. That costs the country over 12 billion usd. It will surely give her almost all votes in the north. Indirectly is the biggestvote-buying scheme ever.

The massive support was against the amnesty bill. The government dropped that bill, so most reds can be red again.

And as the GOVERNMENT can borrow from overseas the votes are assured and payment to voters is assured. Remember she said THIS GOVERNMENT WILL NOT bring back the amnesty bill. We are looking at a new government .... and the return of the bill one way or another.

The rice scheme (which will continue two more years according to Yingluck) is the biggest vote-buying scheme. I do not think any Thaksinclan government will bring back the amnesty bill. The opposition against it was huge among reds too. Besides, I doubt that the missunderstood fugitive will risk returning to Thailand. His life would not be safe anymore.

No food?, what part of Thailand you live in.

This is the land of agriculture, I cannot recall ever seeing starving people here

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app