Wallet containing B40k returned to Australian tourist in Phuket

webfact

Wallet containing B40k returned to Australian tourist in Phuket
Eakkapop Thongtub

1388985504_1.jpg
The wallet is handed back to the Australian tourist.

PHUKET: -- In the second feel good story about a taxi driver this weekend, a second tourist has had her belongings returned after leaving them in a tuk tuk.

Prasert Tubkaew, a tuk tuk driver from Karon, reported to Karon police that a tourist had left a wallet in his tuk-tuk at around 11pm last night (January 4).

Using the contact details inside the wallet, police were successfully able to return the wallet to the Australian visitor. She was thankful to have it returned, especially as it had around B40,000 inside.

Yesterday, Italian tourist Alfredo De Santi, 37, also was happy to get his bag returned after he left it in a taxi in Patong. His bag contained B500,000 and an iPad, and was returned to him by honest taxi driver, Phanom Baanbai, with the help of police.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/wallet-containing-b40k-returned-to-australian-tourist-in-phuket-43858.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-01-06

His bag contained B500,000 and an iPad, and was returned to him by honest taxi driver, Phanom Baanbai, with the help of police.

That's a lesson for you......police bashers.

You're in the wrong thread.

• Like 1

stevenl, on 06 Jan 2014 - 13:23, said:
Costas2008, on 06 Jan 2014 - 13:01, said:

His bag contained B500,000 and an iPad, and was returned to him by honest taxi driver, Phanom Baanbai, with the help of police.

No, I'm in the right thread......you did the wrong posting!

stevenl, on 06 Jan 2014 - 13:23, said:
Costas2008, on 06 Jan 2014 - 13:01, said:

No, I'm in the right thread......you did the wrong posting!

Up to you, but since you make a comment about 500k posting in the thread about 500k lost seems more logical in stead of in the one about 40k where 500k is mentioned in passing.

Edited by stevenl

Got to say I am amazed at these stories but also delighted to see that there is still a good element on the island.

Full credit and praise to the Thai people of conscience and honor that brought happiness back to the owners and credibility back to their country and holiday destination.

Another good news story. Some decent tuk tuk drivers out there.

+1...Nice to hear a good story.

A good news story for sure.

It shouldn't be expected but I hope both parties gave their tuk tuk drivers a nice reward for their honesty.. If so the tuk tuk drivers would be more inclined to be honest in the future.

But why <deleted> would you have 500,000 baht in your wallet? Stupid, stupid and more stupid.

This story will hurt the Phuket bashers. Why anyone would carry these amounts of money on them is beyond me? Maybe just to save a couple of dollars on ATM fees me thinks.

some times you need cash, 40k is just 2 months rental deposit plus 20k for the first month rent. so that's not really a lot.

carrying around under 100k doesn't seam unreasonable, can this of need to do that a dozen or so times in the last 7 years.

Sorry, but has anyone considered that both these incidents are staged? A bit of cash stumped up by the TAT or similar in attempt to pour water on the flames of Mafia intimidation cries across the International press? 2 in one weekend, both ridiculously large sums of cash, both returned by yours truly? Forgive me for thinking like this, but it is only because they do too.

Remember the Iraqi General of Information in the 2nd Gulf war stating on a live broadcast that the allied forces were being not only held but beaten back by the Republican Guard! (as in the background allied spearhead armour was trundling over a bridge into Baghdad)

I wonder what ever happened to that guy...? he never got another job for information somewhere else did he? on an island, plenty of Tuks Tuks, tight on parking spaces? Air port bus service...

Ringing any bells...?

Me O'l Grannie use to say if something looks like Bull$hit, Smells like Bull$hit, then you bet your <deleted> it's BullShit laddie!

This story will hurt the Phuket bashers. Why anyone would carry these amounts of money on them is beyond me?

Maybe they don't. They could just be paid actors to pretend to be tourists missing large some of cash to boost the image of Thailand.

Do you really think it was like their mind was occupied on the million baht cash in their other pocket that it's quite easy for them to forget 40,000 baht here or 500,000 baht there.

Edited by Time Traveller

Sorry, but has anyone considered that both these incidents are staged? A bit of cash stumped up by the TAT or similar in attempt to pour water on the flames of Mafia intimidation cries across the International press? 2 in one weekend, both ridiculously large sums of cash, both returned by yours truly? Forgive me for thinking like this, but it is only because they do too.

You might be surprised to learn that the international press rarely, if ever, carries these stories.The story must have been to impress you. Sorry it failed.

This story will hurt the Phuket bashers. Why anyone would carry these amounts of money on them is beyond me?

Maybe they don't. They could just be paid actors to pretend to be tourists missing large some of cash to boost the image of Thailand.

Do you really think it was like their mind was occupied on the million baht cash in their other pocket that it's quite easy for them to forget 40,000 baht here or 500,000 baht there.

Could be but I hope not. Would be nice to know there is some realism to this story.

1 million baht in other pocket? Wow here for a very excessive holiday, would get through an eighth of Patongs bar girls with that (not including ladyboys in stats).

Sorry, but with my knowledge of people and especially tuktuk drivers, I question the veracity of the claims. Just too coincidental for me to believe. Believe nothing of what you hear and half of what you see. Illusions comes to mind.