Bangkok-Butterworth express train derails at Nakhon Si Thammarat

webfact

They really need to fire the guy who runs the transportation department. As in fire him right now, this minute. Gone with no pay, no benefits, no severance package, nothing. Just hit the bricks.

Just hit the tracks smile.png

Give him 10,000----- LINES----- " I am sorry for not doing my job properly as I have been too busy in the trough" Like the PM "give me more time-I promise"

Did you notice the tracks?

Half are concrete sleepers, the other half those termite infested wooden sleepers.

There's the problem...

Well spotted. And if you look to the left you can see another track, and dual control lights in front. To me, this indicates that this is one of the many passing loops on the single track line, and that the rear carriages have just passed over a set of points, a common place for derailment.

Trains travel quite slowly at passing loops in order to exchange "keys"; handing back for the track behind and getting the key for the track ahead.

If you follow the Forum here you will have read over the past year 2013, there were more that 103 ocassions of trains derailing in Thailand, within the year.

At one time I advised train staff of a missing brake shoe and later helped one of the mechanics install it, while two others sat on the platform. Korat Station bound for Nong Khai 1 a.m New Years Eve 2010-2011, New Years day, of course we arrived in Nong Khai closer to 9 a.m than the 6 or 7 a.m. supposed arrival time.

We have no train service here in Kalasin. Maybe it is good we do not.

Edited by Colabamumbai