The key to why most people who lose weight fail to maintain the weight loss

Jingthing

Carbohydrates are not bad, they are the necessary fuel of your body and should be your main food intake.

What is bad is processed carbs (sugar, white flours, oils), just as processed proteins (meat, fish, eggs) are bad.

Here is the pyramid

raw_pyramid.jpg

at: "just as processed proteins (meat, fish, eggs) are bad." I tried to eat beef unprocessed (just cut the raw meat and eat it). Which is interesting. While somehow the body recognizes it as food, it is for me to intense. I thought if it might be just too long since humans developed cooking or it is just that I am not used to it.

Or maybe it is too hard to digest so the body prefers it cooked and that desire is already coded into our genetics?

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Carbohydrates are not bad, they are the necessary fuel of your body and should be your main food intake.

What is bad is processed carbs (sugar, white flours, oils), just as processed proteins (meat, fish, eggs) are bad.

at: "just as processed proteins (meat, fish, eggs) are bad." I tried to eat beef unprocessed (just cut the raw meat and eat it). Which is interesting. While somehow the body recognizes it as food, it is for me to intense. I thought if it might be just too long since humans developed cooking or it is just that I am not used to it.

Or maybe it is too hard to digest so the body prefers it cooked and that desire is already coded into our genetics?

Processed proteins as in processed by animals, what we want is proteins from the source (plants),not second hand proteins that have been processed by animals.

Processed proteins as in processed by animals, what we want is proteins from the source (plants),not second hand proteins that have been processed by animals.

plant protein is great for:

cows

horses

elephants

goats

But not good enough for:

pigs

cats

dogs

humans

crocodiles

geckos

That why meat tastes superior to plants because our body needs it.

Sorry but animal protein is what has been killing us humans for the last century.

Each civilization that has replaced plants by meat, (like what Thailand is doing right now), has experience a huge increase of obesity, heart disease, diabetes, cancers, arthritis and auto immune diseases.

Animal protein is causing inflammation to our arteries, to our lung, to our joints, it raises our bad cholesterol which causes heart disease,the number one killer in the West.

Dairy products main protein is called IGF1 (insulin growth factor 1) which is now recognized as the first carcinogenic element, proven to promote tumor growth tumor causing millions of breast cancers all over the world.

Osteoporosis is only found in countries consuming milk, for decades the milk industry has told us to drink milk to have healthy bones, but the more you drink the more chance you have to get hip fracture. India for decades was virtually free of osteoporosis and is only starting to have cases since they took on milk. Milk acidifies our body and to compensate this extra acidity our body must use calcium which get flushed in urine,so the calcium contain in the actual milk never benefits your body, worse if you eat extra acidic cheeses like Parmesan your bones get eroded to provide calcium and compensate the extra acidity.

Edited by Kitsune

Sorry but animal protein is what has been killing us humans for the last century.

Each civilization that has replaced plants by meat, (like what Thailand is doing right now), has experience a huge increase of obesity, heart disease, diabetes, cancers, arthritis and auto immune diseases.

Animal protein is causing inflammation to our arteries, to our lung, to our joints, it raises our bad cholesterol which causes heart disease,the number one killer in the West.

Dairy products main protein is called IGF1 (insulin growth factor 1) which is now recognized as the first carcinogenic element, proven to promote tumor growth tumor causing millions of breast cancers all over the world.

Osteoporosis is only found in countries consuming milk, for decades the milk industry has told us to drink milk to have healthy bones, but the more you drink the more chance you have to get hip fracture. India for decades was virtually free of osteoporosis and is only starting to have cases since they took on milk. Milk acidifies our body and to compensate this extra acidity our body must use calcium which get flushed in urine,so the calcium contain in the actual milk never benefits your body, worse if you eat extra acidic cheeses like Parmesan your bones get eroded to provide calcium and compensate the extra acidity.

Look at this (from wikipedia)......it doesn't look like the meat is killing us....Just people get diseases with 70 they wouldn't have got if they would have died with 60.

That Osteoporosis is caused by hormones and that the extra calcium from the milk won't help is right.

Most of the problems: hearth diseases, diabetes, cancer, etc etc is because the people get too fat. They get too fat because of sugar and white bread and because they eat undisciplined.

If they would eat a nice big salad with chicken meat and an egg instead of a big coke, 2 McFat burgers with french fries and some sweet ice cream afterwards they wouldn't get any problems.

Full fat milk additional to a carbohydrate rich food (burger + coke) is of course a killer...it is just too much unless you are a forest worker in Novosibirsk. It is the combination of several wrong things that makes the problems.

Life_Expectancy_at_Birth_by_Region_1950-

Edited by h90

You can't look at life expectancy,because with money coming people eat more meat / less veggies BUT get access to medical care.

So yes they die later, but they are getting sicker.

In US, men as young as 20 have heart disease, which has been found in the autopsied deceased soldiers from Afghanistan.

You haven't answered about IGF1.

Comparison of Nutritional Quality of the Vegan, Vegetarian, Semi-Vegetarian, Pesco-Vegetarian and Omnivorous Diet

Traditional healthy diet system consistently indicates the vegan diet as the most healthy one.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3967195/

Lots of research they die earlier too cheesy.gif

Some people never seem to understand that we evolved and got a larger brain because we ate animal proteins.

Vegans.. cheesy.gif

Comparison of Nutritional Quality of the Vegan, Vegetarian, Semi-Vegetarian, Pesco-Vegetarian and Omnivorous Diet

Traditional healthy diet system consistently indicates the vegan diet as the most healthy one.

Some people never seem to understand that we evolved and got a larger brain because we ate animal proteins.

Vegans.. cheesy.gif

Well they may die with 60, but by eating only salad and being complete drained of energy and without fun it feels like 100 years biggrin.png

In general carnivores have larger brains and are smarter as they must hunt, different than an animal that stays on the grass and eats it. It must conserve energy.

People have mostly large brains.....different the sheep.

IF we wouldn't need meat protein, it wouldn't taste so good.

(or for religious: If God wouldn't want that we eat pigs, he wouldn't have made them so delicious)

Vegans.. cheesy.gif

Did you mother eat lot of tuna when she was pregnant ?

<<if pregnant women ate tuna every day, the DHA would add a few IQ points. But the mercury in that very same tuna would cause so much brain damage that the overall effect of eating tuna while pregnant would be negative, wiping out an average of EIGHT IQ points. The only two fish that were more brain-damaging than tuna were pike and swordfish.>>

It explains why you're saying so much rubbish

Vegans.. cheesy.gif

<<if pregnant women ate tuna every day, the DHA would add a few IQ points. But the mercury in that very same tuna would cause so much brain damage that the overall effect of eating tuna while pregnant would be negative, wiping out an average of EIGHT IQ points. The only two fish that were more brain-damaging than tuna were pike and swordfish.>>

You are saying rubbish. You cant even acknowledge that we evolved when we started eating meat. Its always fun to see fruitcakes (how appropriate) like you to act as if we are vegetarians. If we were we would not be as high on the chain of evolution.

There is actually nothing wrong with my iIQ I generally score between 125 - 135. There is also nothing wrong with my body I am sure I put you to shame.

We are omnivores, meat is great for you. Your tuna remark cheesy.gif just because tuna is bad now because of mercury does not mean fish was bad before when we evolved. Have you ever looked at nature series and known that chimps eat meat if they get a chance. Brain size and animal proteins have been linked.

But go ahead spread false rumors, you said you got arthritis. Maybe its your diet (also a stupid remark but I use it as a mirror sorry that I had to explain that but I am sure else you would not have gotten it elsewhere)

Look up causality and correlation, you might learn a thing or two. about research.

Then look up other things vegans (in that study did) drink less alcohol, workout more, are married ect ect, dont smoke One cannot know if it was the vegan diet or the other factors.

Edited by robblok

I have a weakness for cheesy snacks, beer, muffins, ice cream, Mexican, butter chicken, chocolate cake, red and white wine, Lebanese food, cappuccino, cheesecake, doughnuts, chicken wings, Chinese....and a few dozen other things. And I don't like exercise.

I have a weakness for cheesy snacks, beer, muffins, ice cream, Mexican, butter chicken, chocolate cake, red and white wine, Lebanese food, cappuccino, cheesecake, doughnuts, chicken wings, Chinese....and a few dozen other things. And I don't like exercise.

Then keep doing what you do if your happy that way (as long as it does not endangers your health) Nobody said everyone has to be slim or eat healthy. Often you can't get rid of fat if you don't change a bit. As long as you don't feel the need to change or are willing to change. Then don't try.

Then keep doing what you do if your happy that way (as long as it does not endangers your health) Nobody said everyone has to be slim or eat healthy. Often you can't get rid of fat if you don't change a bit. As long as you don't feel the need to change or are willing to change. Then don't try.

What are the health warnings I should look for?

If I were you id do a diabetic test once in a while (overweight could lead to it or is a symptom of) checking your cholesterol might be helpful too. Otherwise just have a regular health checkup by a Dr. I don't pretend to know it all so just visit a dr once in a while.

But seriously, if people don't want to give up some things to get rid of some fat then there is no chance of them succeeding. At the moment my mom gained some weight and is asking for pills and an instant cure without doing changing her food intake. I know she will fail as she is not really willing to change. I love chocolate and I love ice cream but if i were to have it as much as i wanted.. id be back to the 25 kg heavier I was before.

Vegans.. cheesy.gif

You are saying rubbish. You cant even acknowledge that we evolved when we started eating meat. Its always fun to see fruitcakes (how appropriate) like you to act as if we are vegetarians. If we were we would not be as high on the chain of evolution.

There is actually nothing wrong with my iIQ I generally score between 125 - 135. There is also nothing wrong with my body I am sure I put you to shame.

We are omnivores, meat is great for you. Your tuna remark cheesy.gif just because tuna is bad now because of mercury does not mean fish was bad before when we evolved. Have you ever looked at nature series and known that chimps eat meat if they get a chance. Brain size and animal proteins have been linked.

But go ahead spread false rumors, you said you got arthritis. Maybe its your diet (also a stupid remark but I use it as a mirror sorry that I had to explain that but I am sure else you would not have gotten it elsewhere)

Look up causality and correlation, you might learn a thing or two. about research.

Then look up other things vegans (in that study did) drink less alcohol, workout more, are married ect ect, dont smoke One cannot know if it was the vegan diet or the other factors.

But without the tuna you might have IQ 143 biggrin.png

If I were you id do a diabetic test once in a while (overweight could lead to it or is a symptom of) checking your cholesterol might be helpful too. Otherwise just have a regular health checkup by a Dr. I don't pretend to know it all so just visit a dr once in a while.

't get rid of fat if you don't change a bit. As long as you don't feel the need to change or are willing to change. Then don't try.

But seriously, if people don't want to give up some things to get rid of some fat then there is no chance of them succeeding. At the moment my mom gained some weight and is asking for pills and an instant cure without doing changing her food intake. I know she will fail as she is not really willing to change. I love chocolate and I love ice cream but if i were to have it as much as i wanted.. id be back to the 25 kg heavier I was before.

I read that sex burns calories but that must be a wives tale as I masturbate furiously every day and I still can't lose any weight

't get rid of fat if you don't change a bit. As long as you don't feel the need to change or are willing to change. Then don't try.

I read that sex burns calories but that must be a wives tale as I masturbate furiously every day and I still can't lose any weight

I always get hungry after sex.....

Vegans.. cheesy.gif

Claiming we evolved because of meat several times does not makes it true. Still waiting forbackups

Same for your nonsense about chimps.

Unlike you I don't spread rumor I backup with scientific studies

Yes arthritis comes from diet,I said it many times,what's your point?

You are referring to"that study" but again nothing

No links,no science, no reference just pure nonsensical aggressive stupidity

Vegans.. cheesy.gif

<>

Read more:http://www.care2.com/greenliving/mercury-vs-omega-3s-for-brain-development.html

Claiming we evolved because of meat several times does not makes it true. Still waiting forbackups

Same for your nonsense about chimps.

Unlike you I don't spread rumor I backup with scientific studies

Yes arthritis comes from diet,I said it many times,what's your point?

You are referring to"that study" but again nothing

No links,no science, no reference just pure nonsensical aggressive stupidity

Why do i need to backup things that are common knowledge to someone like you.

I will look it up for you but your just lazy everyone with half an education knows such things.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Internet is full of misinformation.

Repeating myths doesnt make them true

This is no real reference

No link to an actual scientific study in this article, just some blah blah from a journalist

http://m.livescience.com/24875-meat-human-brain.html

If you click of the link offered in this sentence :

Researchers from Brazil, led by Suzana Herculano-Houzel, a neuroscientist at the Federal University of Rio de Janeiro in Brazil, calculated that adding neurons to the primate brain comes at a fixed cost of approximately six calories per billion neurons.

You end up to another page of the same website. http://www.livescience.com/19361-images-reveal-brain-simplicity.html

Edited by Kitsune

No link to an actual scientific study in this article, just some blah blah from a journalist

Researchers from Brazil, led by Suzana Herculano-Houzel, a neuroscientist at the Federal University of Rio de Janeiro in Brazil, calculated that adding neurons to the primate brain comes at a fixed cost of approximately six calories per billion neurons.

You end up to another page of the same website. http://www.livescience.com/19361-images-reveal-brain-simplicity.html

Merely another disingenuous objection. You could easily find the references IF you wanted to, :) Why play these tiresome little games?

These will do:

http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pone.0046414

http://www.pnas.org/content/109/Supplement_1/10661.long

http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pone.0088278#abstract0

I would like to add that permanent weight CHANGE is always difficult because it inherently means a permanent change of LIFESTYLE. Let's say you are 110kg and wants a 90kg body - then you must live the 90kg body lifestyle. The same goes of course if you want to go in the opposite direction.

Some studies indicates that body weight could be programmed in our DNA. For example, there is a very high correlation between stomach size and body weight. But we also know that WILLPOWER can resist the bodys "coded" weight with lower energy intake and higher energy output.

The single most effective way to resist the bodys programmed weight is to make a gastric bypass, i.e shrink the size of the stomach. This basically makes you feel full far earlier than before. BUT - Eating small portions for a long period automatically shrinks stomach even without operation, but this requires more WILLPOWER.

Lastly - Being fat is nothing wrong. If we ignore the media hype, expectations of others and stay true to ourselves, we will be happier. And after all - that is more important than weight.

Regards,

Yang - Hobbyist Personal Trainer smile.png

Edited by MRYANG

Merely another disingenuous objection. You could easily find the references IF you wanted to, smile.png Why play these tiresome little games?

These will do:

http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pone.0046414

http://www.pnas.org/content/109/Supplement_1/10661.long

http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pone.0088278#abstract0

When you are faced with 24/7 pain in your body for months,not being able to sleep, walk, function, or think straight because of this constant pain, and no doctor can help you, that you have spent all your money in going to around hospitals in Bangkok, where none of the best specialists have found anything you realize this is no game.

You realize that the only help you will get will come from YOURSELF and your first surviving instinct is to start to QUESTION everything you have been told and refute it, refuse to believe there is no cure to your pain, and THEY might be wrong .

Now your link

1/ First study is funded by the Spanish government, we all know that major industries like the dairy industry,or the meat industry have largely taken to control government studies and policies at various levels in the Western world ; Either by buying the vote of senators like in European Union, or directly blackmailing the government so USDA recommendations go in their favor.

2/ Saying some old skeletons of humans were found with anemia and that because the did not eat meat.Well I don't eat meat and I don't have anemia

3/ <<Further broader relevance of anemia-induced porotic hyperostosis on OH 81 is its support for hypotheses that meat-eating was a fundamental, rather than marginal, aspect of some hominin diets during the early Pleistocene [38], [49]. There is disagreement, but a compelling body of data suggests [50][54] that extant chimpanzees (Pan troglodytes) might eat meat to compensate for seasonal shortfalls in protein and/or important micronutrients>>

This last sentence alone is just plain silly: It's based on the old school myth that protein was very rare and we have to fight to find it and we have to get the correct type of protein ..........Whereas we know now that protein is the most ubiquitous micronutrient, take a leave and chomp on it and you have protein. Protein is like air,it's everywhere, any living thing has protein.

More importantly we know now we cannot process animal protein because it contains nitrogen, which becomes ammonia and get turned in urea and finally gets expelled by pee. So it's just treated as a toxic element.

Other problem is excess of protein exposes you to IGF1 which is a strong cancer promoter.

here is what protein really is what are all the myth about it (please notice I did read and comment your links)

Sorry can't be bothered to go any further on your other links

Edited by Kitsune

When you are faced with 24/7 pain in your body for months,not being able to sleep, walk, function, or think straight because of this constant pain, and no doctor can help you, that you have spent all your money in going to around hospitals in Bangkok, where none of the best specialists have found anything you realize this is no game.

You realize that the only help you will get will come from YOURSELF and your first surviving instinct is to start to QUESTION everything you have been told and refute it, refuse to believe there is no cure to your pain, and THEY might be wrong .

Answer to the wrong question. I didn't ask you how you came to be afflicted with OCD that leads to such off-topic irrelevant (forum is about "weight loss," not about your pain) rants and trolling the forum. Any diet has its success stories, and there are countless such that do include animal protein. Yours only applies to you. I would never discount the placebo effect or faith healing, BTW.

The article robblok cited from his mobile contained sufficient references to scientific articles, but you dismissed it because you didn't like its message really. Now, if it had supported your obsessions, you definitely would have googled them up and touted them. But you simply gave a phony excuse for dismissing his article--and that's the "little game" I referred to.

Now your link

1/ First study is funded by the Spanish government, we all know that major industries like the dairy industry,or the meat industry have largely taken to control government studies and policies at various levels in the Western world ; Either by buying the vote of senators like in European Union, or directly blackmailing the government so USDA recommendations go in their favor.

2/ Saying some old skeletons of humans were found with anemia and that because the did not eat meat.Well I don't eat meat and I don't have anemia

1/ Invalid unscientific comfortably political argument against the article. Vegans have their own interest groups promoting themselves and finding their own job security funding their studies. Global warming research is largely government funded but you love it in that case.

You're just obsessively biased. smile.png Well, life must have its meaning.

2/ I know this is so hard to realize and accept: everything isn't about YOU. Good news is that you probably have a ways to go before exceeding:

http://www.theonion.com/video/woman-sets-record-for-longest-amount-of-time-spent,27488/

3/ <<Further broader relevance of anemia-induced porotic hyperostosis on OH 81 is its support for hypotheses that meat-eating was a fundamental, rather than marginal, aspect of some hominin diets during the early Pleistocene %5B38%5D, %5B49%5D. There is disagreement, but a compelling body of data suggests %5B50%5D%5B54%5D that extant chimpanzees (Pan troglodytes) might eat meat to compensate for seasonal shortfalls in protein and/or important micronutrients>>

This last sentence alone is just plain silly: It's based on the old school myth that protein was very rare and we have to fight to find it

Self-serving misinterpretation and tendentious reasoning. Sheryl has observed this tendency on your part elsewhere.

here is what protein really is what are all the myth about it (please notice I did read and comment your links)

But that doesn't contain any links to scientific papers and therefore must be dismissed.

post-14882-0-40807900-1402114044_thumb.j

http://www.amazon.com/Vegetarian-Myth-Food-Justice-Sustainability/dp/1604860804/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1402112326&sr=1-1&keywords=the+vegetarian+myth

If youve spent any time debating vegetarians, you know the supposed superiority of a meat-free existence boils down to three main beliefs: its immoral to kill in order to eat, we must all give up meat to save the planet, and giving up animal products will improve your health. Keith refers to these as the Vegetarian Myths, and during her decades as a dedicated vegan, she believed them. But in this book, she destroys them one by one by offering what she calls adult knowledge. Knowledge, after all, is the reason adults dont believe in the Easter Bunny. As Keith puts it: What separates me from vegetarians isnt ethics or commitment. Its information.

--from a revew at http://www.fathead-movie.com/index.php/2010/01/08/the-vegetarian-myth/

Edited by JSixpack

This is tuning into a personal attack and sorry I won't go down that road

Nobody is superior to anyone,we are all humans trying to help each others. No one is a doctor here, so all we can do is talk about ourselves and our experience and how it can help others.

Problem is here every time you mention vegan diet to lose weight OTHER people are questioning the moral/health validity of the diet,so yes you get sidetracked,not my fault

I used to be like you.

Vegans were idiots

Until I got sick.

And all I know is if I carry on eating like I was eating I would be in pain for the rest of my life.

All I am trying to do here, is to help others not to have the same experience I had.

I don't wish it for my worse enemy.

Now to be back on topic, I lost 20lbs effortlessly,feeling great,healthy, and still losing.

I don"t have 60lbs to lose, but I think I am the closest to what the OP was looking for here

Edited by Kitsune

It might be possible nowadays to stay healthy without eating meat as we have so many more foods available to us. However this was not the case when we evolved and we had to eat meat for all the good and energy it contained. Even the chimps do it (I am sure most people know this i did not get it from the internet but from BBC documentaries, same as the information about eating meat giving us a bigger brain and helping us evolve) It can be found on the internet too.

So all those stupid vegans saying we can't eat meat and did not evolve to eat it are wrong and utterly stupid. Now currently you don't meet to eat meat as you can with great care and supplements take it out of your diet.

However we did evolve eating it so that it is bad for us is utter B.S.

The problem with much research is that people who eat red meats usually eat other bad things too and smoke and exercise less. However people who do eat healthy and include meat and exercise have no problems with it. It would be nice to know for sure.

Around 40% of Indians are "stupid" vegetarians and yet this country produces a huge number of IT specialists to which the biggest world's corporations are allocating their IT needs.

We need to take B12 supplement which is the only thing that cannot be found in plants, solely for the reason our modern diet habits are very hygienic, the rest comes from plants. Our vegan ancestors eating more dirt did not have this issue.

Protein promote growth, it's true, animal and milk products produce bigger people, it's true also,but it also promote more cancers : The taller you are the more likely you are to develop cancer

http://healthland.time.com/2013/07/26/how-height-is-connected-to-cancer/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-14220382

Around 40% of Indians are "stupid" vegetarians and yet this country produces a huge number of IT specialists to which the biggest world's corporations are allocating their IT needs.

We need to take B12 supplement which is the only thing that cannot be found in plants, solely for the reason our modern diet habits are very hygienic, the rest comes from plants. Our vegan ancestors eating more dirt did not have this issue.

Protein promote growth, it's true, animal and milk products produce bigger people, it's true also,but it also promote more cancers : The taller you are the more likely you are to develop cancer

http://healthland.time.com/2013/07/26/how-height-is-connected-to-cancer/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-14220382

Are you still contesting we evolved because of eating meat ? Are you also still contesting that chimps eat meat ?

Because it seems you have come back quite a bit from calling me a liar ?

*edit* have you read your own article .. it never said a think about proteins and meat... That is just wishful thinking. They are talking about growth hormones and such.

And 40% of Indians is vegetarian.. and who says that the meat eating 60% is not responsible for it ?

Your clutching at straws..

Edited by robblok