Protesters asked not to disrupt air traffic control

webfact

The protest is not going as planned with poor turnout and they will be grasping at straws and the airport and traffic control will be a way for them to put pressure on the government.

Lets hope the Military steps in and stops that (I dont mean a coup) just make sure that dont happen

Poor turnout? Estimated 250,000 today. And they don't even have to pay them to come! Actually, the protestors come with money to give to Suthep!

Hmmm Suthep said 10 MILLION would be out n the streets so 250,000 is pityful not only that but there are 60 Million people in Thailand and if that is all Suthep can muster then it is a failure in anyones book

Add in the fact that this is 'local' for any bangkokian.. So of that 250k, how many are wandering along for a look, as everything else is shut down and its the big event, as opposed to be passionate supporters. That from a country of 60 million.

Asoke this morning shows a few 100 possibly.

xBd5_EJICMAAubY4.jpg.pagespeed.ic.8ya-TX

Thats the biggest rally site ?? Trying to change the government voted on by an entire country ?? Theres more sleeping people the morning after a full moon party.

Have a good look at villages in Issan to see when they wake up after a full moon party---PM-

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And just now on Chanel 3 news at the end said they want to shutdown aero thai ,

Later today or tomorrow ,

Caught the last bit ,so now looking for any other news on this

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

This is where military protection is required. The lives of many thousands of air passengers depend on an uncompromised ATC.

Absolutely spot on. This is where the govt. should draw the line. I propose that anyone caught trying to disrupt any highway traffic, any air traffic, or any public transportation be subject to a mandatory 5 year prison sentence, and the family fined one million baht. That would send a message, and would allow the country to continue functioning. Once that word got out, nobody would even consider such a foolhardy action anymore. A severe reaction, to a crime that cannot be allowed to happen.

Well, apparently Suthep the liar has changed his mind. This just in the news:

RT @fratticcioli: RT @PravitR: #Suthep vow 2 shutdown all air traffic in #Thailand by taking over #AeroThai which control air signal tomorrow.

Looks like a hasty incorrect report.

@lindavanderwijk @fratticcioli @PravitR @steviegell They will close the Dept of Civil Aviation, not the air control kha. Via NNA

Pravit Rojanaphruk@PravitR 13s

.@Aim_NT @lindavanderwijk @fratticcioli @steviegell Will retract & remove my previous tweet till more info emerge then. Sorry. #PDRC

Edited by rwdrwdrwd

This is where military protection is required. The lives of many thousands of air passengers depend on an uncompromised ATC.

Absolutely spot on. This is where the govt. should draw the line. I propose that anyone caught trying to disrupt any highway traffic, any air traffic, or any public transportation be subject to a mandatory 5 year prison sentence, and the family fined one million baht. That would send a message, and would allow the country to continue functioning. Once that word got out, nobody would even consider such a foolhardy action anymore. A severe reaction, to a crime that cannot be allowed to happen.

I'm flying in to Don Muang Tuesday and London Wednesday.

Knowing my luck . . .

I had a quick look at the overground route to London from Bangers and it involves a train. So that's a no go. It's also about three weeks in the making.

Can't take the bus, I value my pathetic existence on this world.

Rental cars you can't drive through Afghanistan, insurance won't cover it.

I have settled on loading up the Honda Click and starting off tonight. I've fitted long range tanks.

planes-trains-and-automobiles-movie-clip

Edited by MJP

Knowing my luck . . .

I had a quick look at the overground route to London from Bangers and it involves a train. So that's a no go. It's also about three weeks in the making.

I have settled on loading up the Honda Click and starting off tonight. I've fitted long range tanks.

I'm doing a similar trip. Maybe we can share the driving?

Knowing my luck . . .

I'm doing a similar trip. Maybe we can share the driving?

I do look disturbingly like John Candy . . .

Capture7.JPG

• Like 1

Knowing my luck . . .

Could always get the train down to KL and fly from there...

Knowing my luck . . .

Could always get the train down to KL and fly from there...

Too late. Booked and paid yesterday! Thought it was a bit cheap!