Where to buy a used wheel and tyre for a pick-up?

KittenKong

No comments. I just found an image online so that I would know what to look for in a shop if I decide to get one. When searching for specific items I find it easier to take a photo of the item with me on a tablet rather than try and explain what I want.

Did you buy yours in Pattaya or elsewhere? If Pattaya, which shop?

If I get one of these whoever fits it will have to check that the part that has supposedly sheared off my vehicle wont stop it from working.

No comments. I just found an image online so that I would know what to look for in a shop if I decide to get one. When searching for specific items I find it easier to take a photo of the item with me on a tablet rather than try and explain what I want.

Did you buy yours in Pattaya or elsewhere? If Pattaya, which shop?

If I get one of these whoever fits it will have to check that the part that has supposedly sheared off my vehicle wont stop it from working.

I'm in Chiang Mai so probably not much use to you but I would guess the product is available nationally.

It might be sturdy enough, but what happens when you actually need to get at your spare, maybe it wont unlock, because of sand or mud in it.

The lock mechanism is covered by a fairly sturdy removable rubber cap but, of course, nothing is perfect.

It might be sturdy enough, but what happens when you actually need to get at your spare, maybe it wont unlock, because of sand or mud in it.

Well, that's no worse than needing your spare and finding that some #@"£! has relieved you of it. In fact as long as the spare is still attached to the vehicle you do have a good chance of getting it off, even if it takes a while to do it.

Once the wheel has gone missing you've had it, especially if you haven't actually noticed the loss. I only realised that mine was missing when I thought about getting the pressures checked at the car wash.

Actually the very first place I went to had something suitable but the price was a bit high for my taste. The same applied to 3 or 4 other places I tried. Only one place just didnt have anything at all. The last place I went to wanted the lowest price and I went with that as it was all I needed. The actual spread of prices was 1700B - 3000B over about 6 shops, but some were proposing more costly parts (alloy instead of steel, new instead of used etc).