CAPO orders probe into arrest of Navy SEAL troopers near protest site

webfact

Silencers, this sounds like an execution squad...

This isn't The Sopranos

Citing landdestroyer.blogspot.com:

"Dec 1, 2013 - Meanwhile, Thaksin Shinawatra's secret "black shirt" force of provocateurs, mostly made up of navy SEALS and marines, is back on the streets ."

will just leave you exposed to seriously deserved ridicule.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So, Navy seals on a "drug" related mission that the police do not know about.

So how many headlines do we see of "Navy seals bust drug ring" ?? Think it might be zero.

A bigger question is of course who is firing these shots at night ? and who is shooting police ? Wonder if two hands caught hold of the third hand ?

Actually the Navy do a lot of drug suppression work. There are regular reports around Pattaya.

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Network of Students and People for the Reform of Thailand (NSPRT)

I wonder if those seals in Pattaya also carry VIP cards issued by NSPRT.

The whole issue stinks and for me it smells like its the army once again that steers up violence.

• Like 1

So how many headlines do we see of "Navy seals bust drug ring" ?? Think it might be zero.

A bigger question is of course who is firing these shots at night ? and who is shooting police ? Wonder if two hands caught hold of the third hand ?

Actually the Navy do a lot of drug suppression work. There are regular reports around Pattaya.

The whole issue stinks and for me it smells like its the army once again that steers up violence.

Why would they need too.. The protest isn't in Pattaya!

Anyway in all the best Hollywood movies the special forces have false I'd.

Edited by casualbiker

Much too logical in my view.

My bet is they were simply moonlighting as security guards to get cash in hand for a part time security job.

Most people in the Thai armed forces seem to have part time jobs (lower ranks) or run businesses (higher ranks). Similar to the Thai police really except they can now concentrate 100% of their time on their second jobs.

Is that ill-attempted sarcasm or are you serious?

Edited by diceq

My bet is they were simply moonlighting as security guards to get cash in hand for a part time security job.

Most people in the Thai armed forces seem to have part time jobs (lower ranks) or run businesses (higher ranks). Similar to the Thai police really except they can now concentrate 100% of their time on their second jobs.

Could be true if they were paid enough? But I doubt they'd just be on ordinary guard duty in that case. And if that were true why would the commander of the special ops unit go to get them out of the police station? Unless, of course, he didn't know what they were up to. And in that case, he would've been better served just handing them over and saying he didn't know anything about it.

Stinks is right. They should torture the bastards. People were quite likely to be killed if they had not caught them.. Just who were they after. See if the USA fancy a bit of reverse Rendition and get em out the country.

With regard as to how they got caught. The police checkpoints spring up everywhere, and they are armed, and they will shoot if you show the vaguest sign of not stopping. Well done the police in this. Next time, I am sure the Army/Navy gunmen will be told to shoot their way out.

Could be another of the Elites behind the Coup is running out of patience with the Army for not Couping and was trying to speed it up before he/she goes bust with all the money they are losing on this.

I bet most of the Coup backers were roped in to finance this as another quick Putch..... Like many elites the world over, they are not all made of money. In England they are resorting to opening to the pubic to make ends meet... Thailand is no different and they have had to finance unrest many times this past 10 years. Could the coffers be drying up.

Probably was...just Thai style...leave the brains at home.....carry all the gear in a pick-up.....get picked up by none less that the RPT.....pretty smart navy SEALs?.....I don't think so.....

Could be true if they were paid enough? But I doubt they'd just be on ordinary guard duty in that case. And if that were true why would the commander of the special ops unit go to get them out of the police station? Unless, of course, he didn't know what they were up to. And in that case, he would've been better served just handing them over and saying he didn't know anything about it.

Security guards with silencers and fake plates? Whoever they are, surely they must have known their real objective.

Probably was...just Thai style...leave the brains at home.....carry all the gear in a pick-up.....get picked up by none less that the RPT.....pretty smart navy SEALs?.....I don't think so.....

Or smart cops who did not buy the "drug operation" story.

Security guards with silencers and fake plates? Whoever they are, surely they must have known their real objective.

Yes. Can't have been going there just for ordinary guard purposes. Well, as usual, there are two options. One is that they were sent to "help" protesters (in whichever way the person behind it might perceive helping). Two is that they were sent by the government to infiltrate the protesters. A third option would be that they were actually doing what their commander said they doing, but surely no one thinks that likely.

Edited by Emptyset

Yes. Can't have been going there just for ordinary guard purposes. Well, as usual, there are two options. One is that they were sent to "help" protesters (in whichever the person behind it might perceive helping). Two is that they were sent by the government to infiltrate the protesters. A third option would be that they were actually doing what their commander said they doing, but surely no one thinks that likely.

1. Helping protesters using silencers? I think we can rule that one out.

2. Then why were they from the navy? Surely the government would have used the police for that. Even though the government would have nothing to gain from "infiltrate the protesters" with silencers.

3. Like you said, not very likely to fight drugs with silencers.

But funny enough you rule out the most plausible scenario of all:

4. They were sent by rough groups in the military to kill and/or wound anti-government protesters to justify a military intervention.

Would be interesting to hear witnesses of the shooting against anti-government protesters, whether they heard the gunshots or if silencers could possibly have been used.

In either case, kudos to the police for doing a good job.

Edited by diceq

why would someone moonlighting as a security guard need a huge gun with silencer?

... because security guards at the protests sites are there to protect the likes of Suthep who's at risk from the many people he must have pi$$ed off by now.

They are not like the security guards at a condo.

And the Thai "Navy Seals" are not like the U.S Seal Team 6 ...... although they use silencers too ... in the Zero Dark Thirty movie anyway.

If there's a good chance someone with a gun wants to kill you - it makes sense to hire people with guns as your security guards.

Still reckon they were just moonlighting though.

If they were there on a special mission of some sort then I doubt the wonderful BIB would have managed to arrest them. But as they knew they were moonlighting they gave up and let their boss bail them out.

This isn't The Sopranos

"Dec 1, 2013 - Meanwhile, Thaksin Shinawatra's secret "black shirt" force of provocateurs, mostly made up of navy SEALS and marines, is back on the streets ."

will just leave you exposed to seriously deserved ridicule.

Land Destroyers source for this is Andrew MacGregor Marshall.

It has been widely reported.

Seems likely they are part of suthep's protection detail.He's going to need protection henceforth

Yes extremely likely that bodyguards use silencers. Like I said before: "Jumping through hoops".

I think in Pattaya when abhisit's car ( not abhisit) was way laid by the red shirts the security had sub machine guns

The government should set a higher salary for these seals, soldiers and whatnot so that they wouldn't become crooked and do anything for money.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Yes. Can't have been going there just for ordinary guard purposes. Well, as usual, there are two options. One is that they were sent to "help" protesters (in whichever the person behind it might perceive helping). Two is that they were sent by the government to infiltrate the protesters. A third option would be that they were actually doing what their commander said they doing, but surely no one thinks that likely.

1. Helping protesters using silencers? I think we can rule that one out.

2. Then why were they from the navy? Surely the government would have used the police for that. Even though the government would have nothing to gain from "infiltrate the protesters" with silencers.

3. Like you said, not very likely to fight drugs with silencers.

But funny enough you rule out the most plausible scenario of all:

4. They were sent by rough groups in the military to kill and/or wound anti-government protesters to justify a military intervention.

Would be interesting to hear witnesses of the shooting against anti-government protesters, whether they heard the gunshots or if silencers could possibly have been used.

In either case, kudos to the police for doing a good job.

I had considered 4 but as part of 2. Military aren't monolithic. This particularly Navy unit may be closer to Thaksin (I don't know if it is, but it's a possibility). What makes me doubt it's the government is that they were arrested. Not even that they were arrested, but if they were from the government side surely there would've been a call made within 15 minutes, no press conference, no publicity.

But, yes, whichever way you look at it, police seem to be stopping more people carrying weapons now, which is what the protesters say they want.

• Like 1

How could seals get arrested by the keystone cops? Could you even contemplate USA seals getting arrested, hahahahaha. I thought seals were the best of the best?

cheesy.gif they are the best, but, then there are still better than the best and then best of the better best ... why do you think they call it "Amazing"

I sold my TV yesterday, this land provides me with the best "live" entertainment and storytellers

cheesy.gif