Eight protesters injured in bomb attack against Suthep's procession

Lite Beer

Hate to piss on your parade, but she's a red from the far NE. Now that you've got your juvenile insults out of the way, would you care to discuss the topic, or even the recurring theme of violent attacks on anyone who expresses anti-Thaksin feelings.

You do not know who carried out this attack. Regardless, I do not see anyone here justifying it, so I am not sure what point you are trying to get across.

• Like 1

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Firstly, there are many parties who could have launched the grenade attack.

It could be a false flag attack, so someone supporting the protestors bombs then to get the sympathy and also push for a coup.

It could be some angry residents fed up of protests and wanting them to stop.

It could be a splinter group of red shirts who are more extreme.- like the extreme students who are charged wtih shooting and kiling police at the stadium and were arrested.

It could be rice farmers not happy that the protestors are trying to stop the election which will ultimately delay further their rice payment.

It could be anyone.

All we can say is :

Nobody knows who did it - so nobody should be accusing any side of doing it.

Its good than nobody was killed, sadly that did not happen when police were attacked by protestors at the stadium for party registration.

Edited by LevelHead
  • Like 1

Bomb Attack On PCAD Marchers 'Injures 20'

By Khaosod English

bomb22.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Anti-government demonstrators have come under a bomb attack during their march near financial centre of Bangkok today.

The incident took place at around 13.00 when supporters of People′s Committee for Absolute Democracy With the King As Head of State (PCAD) were marching along Banthadthong Road as a part of their "Bangkok Shutdown" campaign.

The crowd was led by PCAD secretary-general Suthep Thaugsuban.

As the marchers approached Charoenpol Intersection, an unidentified individual hurled down a bomb from one of the vacant buildings that lined the road into the crowd below. The subsequent explosion reportedly injured at least 20 people.

Immediately after the explosion the protesters guards stormed into the derelict buildings and sought out the assailant, while the injured were transported to hospitals. A number of military medics wearing Red Cross armband later arrived to assist the protesters.

Mr. Suthep was heading the march at some distance away from the scene when the attack took place.

It is not immediately clear what type of explosive was involved in the attack.

The attack is seen as a major escalation of violence, as it took place at a short distance from the National Stadium and Pathumwan Intersection, the financial district of Bangkok where PCAD supporters had been occupying since late Sunday.

Although PCAD rally sites have come under sporadic attacks - mostly consisting of gunfire and homemade explosive devices - almost nightly since their "Shutdown" campaign began, the attack earlier today marked the first daylight violent incident against the protesters.

Earlier today, another group of PCAD demonstrators also claimed that they were attacked by stones launched from slingshots during their march on Nares Road in Bang Rak district.

The protesters said the assailants were positioned on an abandoned building next to Bang Rak Police Station.

No suspect has been arrested so far.

Source: http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNNE9UazBNemN4TUE9PQ==

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2014-01-17

How many times must a man look up
Before he can see the sky?
Yes, an' how many ears must one man have
Before he can hear people cry?
Yes, an' how many deaths will it take until he knows
That too many people have died?

The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind
The answer is blowin' in the wind

Bob Dylan - Blowin' in The Wind
  • Like 2

Its been pointed out time and time again all over the place.

Over 80% of people in Bangkok have not attended the protests.

Over 99.5% of the Thai population have not attended any protest.

Thats a lot of people who are potentially seriously upset and not happy with these protests and PDRC.

Whilst many on here are glued to Bluesky for their "Knowledge" the arms people's first reaction is that this was a Russian Grenade not found often in thailand... BUT... found on the Navy guys they picked up the other day?

Meanwhille , 20 times the amount of Thais protesting are just wanting these idiots off the streets. They only got a crowd the other night with free music and by setting up a night market. Chatuchak draws many more than this every day it is open.

Just what are the authrorites waiting for??? Time to get rid of this fascist and move the country forward

, 20 times the amount of Thais protesting are just wanting these idiots off the streets. -source please?

Time to get rid of this fascist and move the country forward - thats what protestors are trying to do!! By the way - i still think your 14!!

• Like 1

Very sad but where is the proof that it is the shin families supporters it could be anyone looking to worsen the crisis there are a lot of nutcase a in the world today I hope those injured will be okay last week Suthep stated if things got out of hand he would throw the towel in why he and his buddies cannot fight at the ballet box baffles me it is better to bein opposition that not to have no opposition and by not registering themselves they will be left out in the cold when the elections begin they may well have forced the shins to end up with a coalition party it seems to me these leaders are bigger fools than I thought the only way to resolve this situation is to sit around the table and talk something that kun Suthep keeps rejecting the man these people hate lives in Dubai it

Appears that Suthep and his thugs will not be happy until they drive every shin out of Thailand so that he can take control and dictate to the poor I am not a supporter of any group but I applaud the man in Dubai for giving every Thai rich or poor the right to vote that is what democracy is all about something kun Suthep does not understand as he wants to put an unelected peoples council in place of which would be made up of the elite wealthy of Thailand .

Anybody with half a brain understands what is going on here. Mr. Suthep and his goons are trying to reestablish the Bankgok feudal rule by so called "reforms". The reforms would tweak the constitution and the election laws so that the Bangkok elite would always have the last say in setting up a government. So no matter how the majority would vote, their side would always be winning.

No wonder the reds are furious, the arrogant Bangkokians once again are trying to screw them. Careful there, Bangkok might just burn like Sarajevo or like Rome in ancient times if you keep pushing the reds...

Thats a lot of people who are potentially seriously upset and not happy with these protests and PDRC.

With a population very conservatively estimated at 8.3 million, over 1.6 million bangkokians HAVE attended.

Add to that the numbers from outside and you will find that your percentage is rather pitiful

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

And guess what? The right of protest is legally protected by the Constitution and this protest has already been upheld by the Constitutional Court. It doesn't justify violent retaliation. However, as we have seen throughout this administration, the rule of law is to be ignored if it could stand in the way of the return of the Supreme Thaksin.

• Like 1

Bomb attack injures 28 anti-government protesters

BANGKOK: -- A hand grenade was thrown at thousands of anti-government protesters marching on Bantadthong road, injuring 28 people.

The bomb was intended on the life of protest leader Suthep Thaugsuban who is about 30 meters from where it landed.

The explosion forced protest leader Suthep to lead protesters back to Lumphini park, from its earlier scheduled at Pathumwan for the safety of protesters.

Of the injured, 15 were admitted to Ramathibodi hospital, 8 to Hua Chiew, and 2 to Chulalongkorn.

The protesters led by protest leader Suthep, secretary-general of the People’s Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC), was on the fourth day of the Bangkok Shutdown protest campaign.

Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) police arrived at the scene at 2.10 p.m. and ordered people to leave the area as they believed there might be more bombs inside.

It was not known yet if the bomb was placed on the roadside but eyewitness said a bomb was thrown from a deserted building opposite Tesco Lotus super center near the Charoenpol intersection. The bomb landed onto the road just a few minutes before the protest leader would walk pass.

Witnesses also said they saw three men in green fatigues in the deserted building.

Suthep was said to be 30 meters from where the bomb landed.

Military personnel were sent to inspect the scene of explosion. A search of the vacant area surrounding the deserted building was jointly conducted by soldiers and security guards of the PDRC.

Sporadic gunshots were also heard during the search.

The search continued at 2.15 p.m. today as security guards believed they are still hiding inside the deserted building.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/bomb-attack-injures-28-anti-government-protesters/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-01-17

There getting brave with daylight attacks now. Give the Weekend Warriors something to think about this weekend.

Will history repeat itself? The last time the red shirt bombers were so actively attacking peaceful anti-Shin protesters, the protesters were forced to seek shelter in a safe environment which turned out to be Suvarnabhumi airport. Will they again be forced to retreat defensively to the airport?

Never read bigger bullshit. The yellows blocked the airports nearly during 2 weeks and you call this terrorism peaceful protest. Are you blind?

• Like 1

I don't recall anybody saying it was on purpose, and anybody with any familiarity with handguns would know that an aimed shot from a height and that range would be near impossible. OTOH a random shot fired into a crowd could hit anybody.

BTW another attempt to change the subject?

Not only were there several of you who claimed it was on purpose, you claimed it was proven because the police had admitted they had stationed officers on the roof. Even though it was shown the location of those people on the roof could never have shot that police man.

No, it wasn't. I just felt like pointing out your blatant hypocrisy.

Anybody with half a brain understands what is going on here. Mr. Suthep and his goons are trying to reestablish the Bankgok feudal rule by so called "reforms". The reforms would tweak the constitution and the election laws so that the Bangkok elite would always have the last say in setting up a government. So no matter how the majority would vote, their side would always be winning.

No wonder the reds are furious, the arrogant Bangkokians once again are trying to screw them. Careful there, Bangkok might just burn like Sarajevo or like Rome in ancient times if you keep pushing the reds...

The reds are furious because they believe these ridiculous conspiracy theories??!?!

• Like 1

This government does not represent anybody other than their party members, that's not democracy, in fact,

any system that has parties that represents the people is not a democracy because no party can represent

all the people. The only true democracy is when the people are the government and they make the decisions.

A vote does not constitute democracy. The "government" is there to protect the people's rights and nothing more!

Are you still talking about Thailand or what?

An attack like this in broad daylight. Seems like a false flag attack to me, especially since most of the explosive attacks have occured at night, although we'll have to see, if they catch the bomber we'll find out.

I tend to agree... seems a bit strange. The pickup was there to rush victims off... to where? Did a reporter go to the hospital and confirm injuries? The article talks about seeing bullet holes in the pickup truck, but there is no mention of small arms fire--only an explosion. So when/where would bullet holes come from?

I predicted a few days ago that exactly this would happen. Who do you think is more likely to have M26 grenades? a) Isaan rice farmers or b. navy SEALS ?

or c) the remaining huge stockpile of war materials that was stolen prior to the 2010 red protests that included grenades and assault rifles, and that were allegedly used by pro-Thaksin supporters at that time.

Edited by Tatsujin
  • Like 1

This government does not represent anybody other than their party members, that's not democracy, in fact,

any system that has parties that represents the people is not a democracy because no party can represent

all the people. The only true democracy is when the people are the government and they make the decisions.

A vote does not constitute democracy. The "government" is there to protect the people's rights and nothing more!

The system is not democratic enough! Let's replace it with fascism instead. Seems legit.

Edited by diceq
  • Like 1

RT@Tulip_Oum: Red shirt led by "Ko-Tee" Pathumthani brings 60 pick-up trucks and hundreds of motorcycles to face with PDRC Changwattana.

No third hand here..... pure red shirt violence brought to bear by a red shirt leader wanting violence.

Come on Army..... end it now and lock up Yingluck and Surapong NOW!

• Like 1

I don't recall anybody saying it was on purpose, and anybody with any familiarity with handguns would know that an aimed shot from a height and that range would be near impossible. OTOH a random shot fired into a crowd could hit anybody.

BTW another attempt to change the subject?

Not only were there several of you who claimed it was on purpose, you claimed it was proven because the police had admitted they had stationed officers on the roof. Even though it was shown the location of those people on the roof could never have shot that police man.

No, it wasn't. I just felt like pointing out your blatant hypocrisy.

There are not several of me. Changing the subject is not pointing out anything, it is merely escaping from something which you find uncomfortable to discuss.

I doubt the attacks are self inflicted. I just cant imagine Suthep or his stringpullers are that cynical and blood thirsty even if they have a motive for doing so (get military to stage coup).

I doubt the attacks are initiated by the ruling party. The most obvious proof is the lack of gain from such an act. Their best way forward is feb 2nd election and a double figure number of voters. This includes Thaksin. No motive.

Then you have fringe elements on both sides. The anti-government have some nasty colors that want a coup. The quickest way to get the military to intervene is trough violence in the streets.

The anti-anti-government fringe also have some twisted colors. Motive can range from simple revenge because they dont feel their own is acting. Or a deeper plot to intimidate the larger numbers of the crowd. This is where I think the suspects belong. There is a huge number of people radicalized after 2009/2010 crackdowns.

Then there is the last option. Southern terrorism spilling into Bangkok. Its just a matter of time before this happens, its a small miracle the unrest have been kept going for 10 years without serious incidents in Bangkok. The lack of direct attacks on government the last days speaks against this option.

• Like 2

RT@Tulip_Oum: Red shirt led by "Ko-Tee" Pathumthani brings 60 pick-up trucks and hundreds of motorcycles to face with PDRC Changwattana.

No third hand here..... pure red shirt violence brought to bear by a red shirt leader wanting violence.

Come on Army..... end it now and lock up Yingluck and Surapong NOW!

They brought a sound system. The poor fascists were hit with sound waves. Must have been tough on them. Better go and lock up our democratically elected leaders and suspend democracy.

• Like 1