This strange walk i see in Thailand...

catweazle08

I've seen this in China many times too. I was told it's the way they are held when infants but I'm not sure it's 100% true. Many women that are pregnant walk that way too. Then there are some girls that are wearing protection during their monthly time which causing them to walk somewhat different. There are also some that have been know to place vibrating eggs ( very common ) in Asia. It feels good when they walk and are out and about...the way to know for sure is to walk faster than them and try to get in front of them and look at their face. If their teeth are chipped then you can suspect the eggs. The vibration sometimes in to much for them and it slowly chips away at their teeth.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen this in China many times too. I was told it's the way they are held when infants but I'm not sure it's 100% true. Many women that are pregnant walk that way too. Then there are some girls that are wearing protection during their monthly time which causing them to walk somewhat different. There are also some that have been know to place vibrating eggs ( very common ) in Asia. It feels good when they walk and are out and about...the way to know for sure is to walk faster than them and try to get in front of them and look at their face. If their teeth are chipped then you can suspect the eggs. The vibration sometimes in to much for them and it slowly chips away at their teeth.

Hold on a minute... what is a vibrating egg?

Yes, I have seen it.........................

Great. Classic stuff.

i wish thai's would replace their walking style with those of monty python. monty pythons silly walkers do not get in the way of, walk into or interfere with other people trying to walk from point A to B.

the thai haphazard walking style actually has a 2 thai names. 1 douen sabai sabai 2 douen loy chai I'd write in thai also just for educational purposes but my post would be deleted.

an outside the box thai friend calls thi "zombie style" after she saw the movie WW Z she remarked how amazed she was that "farang zombies" can move so fast / run

From my understanding it is related to a vitamin D deficiency. It affects the density of the bones and can cause the splayed foot already noted by other posters.It is particularly prevalent in North Eastern Thailand as the sunshine related to natural creation of this vitamin is reduced because of the mountains and the long shadows that are the result of the increasing trend towards growing rubber plantations which produce an abundance of shade. The effect of this is that the legs, particularly of younger women are naturally spread wider. This was a source of shame for villagers who unfortunately shunned them for this supposed defect. Faced with dismal prospects and little chance of a normal life, sufferers were traditionally repatriated to Pattaya and Phuket where the sun is much stronger.

Thanks, but is this serious?

is there a source, where you found the informations?

sorry, but didn´t expect something like this. just wondering

DUH ?

From my understanding it is related to a vitamin D deficiency. It affects the density of the bones and can cause the splayed foot already noted by other posters.It is particularly prevalent in North Eastern Thailand as the sunshine related to natural creation of this vitamin is reduced because of the mountains and the long shadows that are the result of the increasing trend towards growing rubber plantations which produce an abundance of shade. The effect of this is that the legs, particularly of younger women are naturally spread wider. This was a source of shame for villagers who unfortunately shunned them for this supposed defect. Faced with dismal prospects and little chance of a normal life, sufferers were traditionally repatriated to Pattaya and Phuket where the sun is much stronger.

Thanks, but is this serious?

is there a source, where you found the informations?

sorry, but didn´t expect something like this. just wondering

DUH ?

I loved the part where the Isan farmers thought that being a bar girl in Pattaya was less of a disgrace to the family than having splayed feet:

'And how's that daughter of yours Somchai ? The one with the splayed feet.'

'No, no, you must be mistaken. She's down in Pattaya, selling her body.'

'Ah. Congratulations. You must be very proud of her.'

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app