Two explosions rock Bangkok, Victory Monument and Rajvith Hospital

george

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think it is time that the military should takeover the security checkpoint to the protest site since the police is pretty ineffective in screening people coming and going. And the S.I.D. of the military should takeover the investigation for the bombing incident too. Would be much easier for the protester to accept military personnel than police at the protesting site. Sent from my GT-I9100T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The police aren't ineffective. They are non-existent.

I have lost track of how many "grenade" reported bombings there have been in the last week or so. But tell me, o wise ones, is the term "grenade" being used in error by low intelligence level reporters, or do they now sell grenades at the local 7-Elevens in Bangkok? If so why not supply the security guards with several to lob back at the original attacker.

Honest to goodness grenades, were do they get them? I don´t knowñ but there have not been any further details about the group of people arrested a few days ago carrying the same type of grenades as have been used.

That is because they have been freed because they said they didn't do anything wrong and that the 4 grenades and ammo were just for personal protection and the police accepted this without delay and issued a statement that these people were totally innocent of all and any involvement in attacks on protesters and they had 'honorable' intentions.

This is why the police are NOT trusted. Personally I hope that the entire police force is replaced once Suthep wins, and he will win.

He already stated he will substitute Royal Police, with his trusted security forces...

Well he is not so stupid then given the universal hatred of that mafia group.

I feel bad for anyone here who thinks an UNELECTED council to choose the government is a good idea. Name another country besides dictatorships that does this .... Sent from my SM-N900 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

why not take a middle ground. An unelected council is not good. But by the same token, a leader, whether he/she be unelected or not, who has criminally violated conditions of office needs to be removed. Richard Nixon was democratically elected and then legally removed for abusing his power.

Remember what started these entire protests. Nobody was out doing anything whatsoever until the Thaksin clan tried to sneak in the amnesty (and at the time, the majority on both sides came out in force against it)...as the CNN reporter earlier asked Yingluck, "don't you think it would be a good thing for the country if the Shinawatras stepped away from politics?"

It amazes me that amidst all this, no moderate Red has stepped forward to say "we want elections but without the person who has abused power and is no longer fit to run the country," which just goes to show you who really is running the show. And no, you cant legally represent a country or be elected while living in Dubai.

Their are actually many red shirts in Isaan that are tired of the Shinawatra's. Their are also many Democrats that are tired of the Abhisit and Suthep clan but they too will not go. Suthep will always hold a powerful position in the Democrat Party as he is the guy that canvass the votes for the DP in the South.

As I watch the live protests on TNN I noticed these people are dragging their children into the midst of the protests.

Every parent who takes a child into this mayhem should be arrested and jailed on child endangerment. This is just another example of how thoughtless and uncaring these people are for those whom they inconvenience or endanger, including their own families.

This thoughtless act alone shows the true colors of these protesters.

Sent from my tin can via string

"into this mayhem"??

I would think that most protesters weren't expecting someone to come in and throw grenades. The protest out the front of my place has been more of a party than a protest. Certainly no "mayhem".

• Like 1

Probably another one of ex Democrat Kowit Tharana vigilantes. Not sure if its been mentioned but the other paper is reporting that the ex Democrat MP has admitted his subordinate's vehicle and him appear to be involved in the grenade attack on the PDRC on Friday, the very same attack where the weapons cache, red hat etc etc was found.

In fact he has not admitted anything yet. We should stick to the facts

Here I find another nice quote of Kowit.

"Bangkok MP Kowit Tharana “attacked the red shirts for staging a protest by blocking roads, damaging the confidence in the country, creating an atmosphere of terror and scaring away investors.” 18 Oct 2009. - The Nation"

This is the same guy that is now happy to block roads and scaring investors.

I think you need to raise the bar and contribute something more meaningful to the debate. Anyone can take cheap shots. Let me take one. You see, it works both ways. This one is even worse, the guy has been rewarded with the ministerial position. As crazy as it gets. But probably normal for you because of your one-coloured glasses. Take the blinkers off and grow up.

Red shirt leader Nattawut calls for violence during protests in Bangkok / English

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=v_ge5AL5xj8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=gJNPfB4_mgs

Edited by Mackie

It is ALL about jealousy. Thaksin builded the airport. Yingluck signs deals with China to finally upgrade the railroad infrastructure. Which was completely ignored during Abhisit's Muppet Show. Corruption was common in Thailand (and Asia, and many other parts of the world) before Thaksin drunk his very 1st cup of Chinese tea. The rice program: of course a mistake. The rest? Thailand is/was doing very well under Yingluck. Liberty. Minimum wages implemented of 300 thb. P/d. A great international exposure. And then comes Suthep.......jealousy: there is no country in the world where people can not handle the very human emotion which is called jealousy. And for the rest: you can not just topple an elected PM just like that. One should learn from the 2006 disaster. It only creates again and more chaos.Suthep. pack your stuff and admit your envy. The high speed trains will run as well with you already being ashed.

• Like 2

From a member 20 minutes ago:

Thai news reports bomb attack at Victory Monument.

An unknown man was seen throwing two bombs in to crowds of people. The protesters tried to apprehend the assailant but were shot at it.

Source was Nation TV.

More reason for the guards to be permitted to be armed.

Do people seriously expect the protesters to whistle at an armed attacker? I hope they get him and expose him for what he is.... A THAKSIN paid terrorist.

This fits in with the Thaksin method of doing business. Those who dare suggest that these attacks are the work of the same side attacking the same side simply have lost the plot. If you study the red methodology then you see this fits the pattern. I don't want to see people blaming Suthep for this. I hope people can see behind the Thaksin facade, the red smile. We are dealing with a very nasrty movement who will only get worse whilst their backs are up against the wall.

Street vendors were hurt. I ask you. These are the good souls of our adopted land. Earlier there was an armed mob of circa 100 red shirts who confronted protestors in BKK. They were there at the behest of the Government's de facto leader and demanded that the protestors go home with threats about what will happen if they don't. Thaksin: the terrorist dictator in waiting, is backed by the USA. Why?

• Like 2

I think it is time that the military should takeover the security checkpoint to the protest site since the police is pretty ineffective in screening people coming and going. And the S.I.D. of the military should takeover the investigation for the bombing incident too. Would be much easier for the protester to accept military personnel than police at the protesting site. Sent from my GT-I9100T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The police aren't ineffective. They are non-existent.

There is no one who is not wearing a motorbike helmet near the protest sites. So the police are doing their job.

I have lost track of how many "grenade" reported bombings there have been in the last week or so. But tell me, o wise ones, is the term "grenade" being used in error by low intelligence level reporters, or do they now sell grenades at the local 7-Elevens in Bangkok? If so why not supply the security guards with several to lob back at the original attacker.

Honest to goodness grenades, were do they get them? I don´t knowñ but there have not been any further details about the group of people arrested a few days ago carrying the same type of grenades as have been used.

That is because they have been freed because they said they didn't do anything wrong and that the 4 grenades and ammo were just for personal protection and the police accepted this without delay and issued a statement that these people were totally innocent of all and any involvement in attacks on protesters and they had 'honorable' intentions.

This is why the police are NOT trusted. Personally I hope that the entire police force is replaced once Suthep wins, and he will win.

two-thumbs-up-smiley-emoticon.gif

Agreed...

This is no place for children. The protests are no longer peaceful.

There are elkements involved who would not think twice about slaying innocent children because they are not wearing a red shirt and giving wais of respect to Thaksin and Yingluck.

Take the kids to a safe place, then come back with guns instead, it is time to put these red shirts out of the game, at best it will send a clear message to the UDD and at worst will bring about a coup.

It's going to happen anyway, let's cut to the chase and get it over with once and for all.

Not agreed.. im not too happy about open civil war like that. Protests should go on maybe protected by the army or something like that. But please no.. not 2 factions with guns.. let the anti government protesters be the wiser of the two.

This is none of my business, but i have read a few posts only to keep updated on the event's as i am travelling to Thailand soon. But i just wondered if the government was losing on all sides. WHY NOT HOLD AN ELECTION, LET THE THAI PEOPLE DECIDE THEIR OWN FUTURE ????????????????????

Because an election without prior reform to 'the system' would just bring more of the same.

The protesters want real reform before an election. Is that so hard to understand?

Now before anyone jumps down my throat, I'm in no way suggesting that Suthep has or is the answer to the problem(s).

The protesters may be muddling through it all but at least it's a start towards reform, which will probably have more false prophets, take far longer and cause more strife than many would like to believe . . . but it is a start; the genie is out of the bottle and systematic reform will now become a part of the national dialogue.

Yes reforms first .. and yes the genie is out of the bottle.

I dont believe Suthep is an angel.. but if he can help the steps forward ill take it. The other side has proven only to want to take stepts backwards (removing checks and balances and getting amnesty for 25.000 corruption cases).

If Suthep proves to be a false leader.. then oust him too.. for now he is better as the Shins.

• Like 2

Probably another one of ex Democrat Kowit Tharana vigilantes. Not sure if its been mentioned but the other paper is reporting that the ex Democrat MP has admitted his subordinate's vehicle and him appear to be involved in the grenade attack on the PDRC on Friday, the very same attack where the weapons cache, red hat etc etc was found.

Twisting an article again.

It is the police that accused his aide of being involved & we know how independent they are. Plus it doesn't tie in with the earlier reports of the grenade being thrown from an abandoned building.

We need to wait until clear evidence emerges - if it ever will - before attempting to smear any side although it hasn't stopped some supporters of both sides on this thread.

There have been far too many incidents of shooting, grenade throwing and warnings issued to prominent people's residences without any success by the police to catch or find the culprits.

Agreed...

There are elkements involved who would not think twice about slaying innocent children because they are not wearing a red shirt and giving wais of respect to Thaksin and Yingluck.

Take the kids to a safe place, then come back with guns instead, it is time to put these red shirts out of the game, at best it will send a clear message to the UDD and at worst will bring about a coup.

It's going to happen anyway, let's cut to the chase and get it over with once and for all.

Not agreed.. im not too happy about open civil war like that. Protests should go on maybe protected by the army or something like that. But please no.. not 2 factions with guns.. let the anti government protesters be the wiser of the two.

This is none of my business, but i have read a few posts only to keep updated on the event's as i am travelling to Thailand soon. But i just wondered if the government was losing on all sides. WHY NOT HOLD AN ELECTION, LET THE THAI PEOPLE DECIDE THEIR OWN FUTURE ????????????????????

Because an election without prior reform to 'the system' would just bring more of the same.

The protesters want real reform before an election. Is that so hard to understand?

Now before anyone jumps down my throat, I'm in no way suggesting that Suthep has or is the answer to the problem(s).

The protesters may be muddling through it all but at least it's a start towards reform, which will probably have more false prophets, take far longer and cause more strife than many would like to believe . . . but it is a start; the genie is out of the bottle and systematic reform will now become a part of the national dialogue.

You can read i take it, i was asking if everyone was against the government as was stated. THEN WHY NOT HOLD AN ELECTION ???????????????????

Do people seriously expect the protesters to whistle at an armed attacker? I hope they get him and expose him for what he is.... A THAKSIN paid terrorist.

Do you have to spew bizarre conspiracy theories in every post you make?

Bizarre?

More likely than the bizzare idea that it is Suthep attacking his own troops, don't you think?

You can read i take it, i was asking if everyone was against the government as was stated. THEN WHY NOT HOLD AN ELECTION ???????????????????

There is no point answering your question....

It has been answered about 10,000 times on TVF already, you choose not to listen to the answer, you just keep asking the question again.

You can ask that question as many times as you want, the answer won't change.

Agreed...

Yes reforms first .. and yes the genie is out of the bottle.

I dont believe Suthep is an angel.. but if he can help the steps forward ill take it. The other side has proven only to want to take stepts backwards (removing checks and balances and getting amnesty for 25.000 corruption cases).

If Suthep proves to be a false leader.. then oust him too.. for now he is better as the Shins.

Nothing and Nobody is more evil than the Shins why can't you believe it...clear as daylight and yet you just want to waste your time writing absolute trash!! It's not funny anymore! The reason the Shins thrive is because of trivial confused and easily fooled thinking like yours!

Edited by shiok
  • Like 1

Does not seem to be improving...as many posters thought it would when this first started. In fact, all the elements are in place right now to invoke special (military) law. All these attacks are just going to do wonders in keeping tourists from flocking in. Domino effect for sure.

As i have always said, this whole charade is far more than being about corruption, vote buying etc, it is literally life and death for some very important (self appointed), as Khun Voranai alludes to in his peace in the other paper today.

I just found out about him the other day.. Is this guy embraced here? I think his writing is brilliant. What do others think?

He appears to be one of the only Thai opinion writers who can see past their own feelings, and write positively and negatively on both sides of the divide. I think he is very good, but much of that is in comparison to other Thailand journalist opinion pieces which are deplorable and often just repeat a load of propaganda from one side or the other with no analysis, fact etc.

Can you share a LINK to what you are referring to and give me a PM if or when you do ?

I am not aware of what you are talking about.

Where were the police when all this was going on ?

Someone throwing some sort of bomb then running or riding a motorbike shooting at those chasing him.

Surely there must have been some cops somewhere along his escape route.

Of course...there were bound to be cops everywhere........all have phones..radios....but none were able to stop anyone.....you'de laugh if it wasn't so serious.....!

• Like 1

From a member 20 minutes ago:

Thai news reports bomb attack at Victory Monument.

An unknown man was seen throwing two bombs in to crowds of people. The protesters tried to apprehend the assailant but were shot at it.

Source was Nation TV.

More reason for the guards to be permitted to be armed.

Did you ever think it might be suthep's people trying to get the army to come in?????????? Why do you always think thaksin????? You seem to be narrow minded. This is what suthep wants - blood in the streets.

I feel bad for anyone here who thinks an UNELECTED council to choose the government is a good idea. Name another country besides dictatorships that does this .... Sent from my SM-N900 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Ignoring the fact it is already run by a dictatorship.

15 million votes would suggest otherwise

• Like 1

Bizarre?

More likely than the bizzare idea that it is Suthep attacking his own troops, don't you think?

No because more violence increases the risk of another coup. Which is clearly not something Thaksin wants.

And 'V for Vendetta' is a book written by an anarchist. The book is about being against all governments, not replacing a democratically elected one with fascism.

Meanwhile redshirt terrorists threatened to burn Bangkok to the ground (but only succeeded in torching 59 buildings), fired rockets at the BTS, and much more, inspired by a leader who was behind thousands of extra-judicial killings not to mention the Krue-Se and Tak Bai massacres.

How many red-shirts died during that time when military was lead by Suthep and Abhishit. Around 100 red-shirts. Live bullets were used.

Red-shirts were however more violent but when your people start to die by fire do u think that torching buildings in that kind of situation is somehow justified? Althought I dont remember which one started first. Killing people by army or torching.

From what I recall it was the reds firing grenades indiscriminately at people, dragging soldiers from cars/trucks before viciously assaulting them, storming hospitals that came first.

So by the time you arrived in Bangkok you had missed 17 coups, countless overthrows of democracy and the PAD seige which was the same as Now. Some Elites fascists send the protesters out with the army there to protect them

Also, by the time the redshirts got ugly, the Army had already made a full out armed assult with tracked vehicles guns etc. at Pan Fah Bridge. From day one it was attacked and they allowed a mob to form every night near the skytrain and throw missiles at them. Hence the baricades.

The reds were never allowed to protest, and because they are the victims of so much injustice there are even websited dedicated to it.

BTW, latest pics in are of a gargage collecter almost beaten to death by the PDRC guards. looking at the pic, they must have hit him more than 100 times with sticks etc. His entire body is coverd. Lets hope one day these thugs are taken off the streets for a long time and maybe sent to guard your condo block. See how you like them.

Are you for real?????