Two explosions rock Bangkok, Victory Monument and Rajvith Hospital

george

I have lost track of how many "grenade" reported bombings there have been in the last week or so. But tell me, o wise ones, is the term "grenade" being used in error by low intelligence level reporters, or do they now sell grenades at the local 7-Elevens in Bangkok? If so why not supply the security guards with several to lob back at the original attacker.

Honest to goodness grenades, were do they get them? I don´t knowñ but there have not been any further details about the group of people arrested a few days ago carrying the same type of grenades as have been used.

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

From a member 20 minutes ago:

Thai news reports bomb attack at Victory Monument.

An unknown man was seen throwing two bombs in to crowds of people. The protesters tried to apprehend the assailant but were shot at it.

Source was Nation TV.

More reason for the guards to be permitted to be armed.

Do people seriously expect the protesters to whistle at an armed attacker? I hope they get him and expose him for what he is.... A THAKSIN paid terrorist.

Nang Sue police charged PDRC guards found w/ large fireworks, machete, rifle ammos

And haven't managed too catch a single person in over 30 bombing and shooting attacks on the protesters

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

With the increased security measures after yesterday's grenade attack it is very surprising that an armed assailant can wander into the area (very close to the stage) & throw a grenade, before escaping. Making anyone wonder?

Yes. Wonder what use the police are to anyone

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

Where were the police when all this was going on ?

Someone throwing some sort of bomb then running or riding a motorbike shooting at those chasing him.

Surely there must have been some cops somewhere along his escape route.

If there were a police as in more civilized countries, there were no road blocks and stages.

• Like 2

28 injured in Victory Monument bomb attack: BMA emergency centre

Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA)'s Erawan Emergency Medical Services Centre reported that 28 people were injured in the double grenade attacks at the Victory Monument rally site.

Nine injured people were rushed to Ramathibodi Hospitial, 13 to Ratchavithi Hospital, two to Phra Mongkut Hospital and four to Chulalongkorn Hospital.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-01-19

Chinese made hand grenades can be purchased for 700 Baht if u got connections. The yellow shirt TERRORISTS are now going to start crying FOUL now?... After all of the illegal destructive things they have done since Nov. 555

Sent from my SM-N900 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

Chinese made hand grenades can be purchased for 700 Baht if u got connections. The yellow shirt TERRORISTS are now going to start crying FOUL now?... After all of the illegal destructive things they have done since Nov. 555 Sent from my SM-N900 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Careful, you don't want to appear biased do you?

An unknown man was seen throwing two bombs in to crowds of people. The protesters tried to apprehend the assailant but were shot at it.

Source was Nation TV.

Do people seriously expect the protesters to whistle at an armed attacker? I hope they get him and expose him for what he is.... A THAKSIN paid terrorist.

We expect them to stop trying to subvert democracy.

Suthep and his backers are more than capable of doing this. Perhaps explains why then never caught.... They don't want to catch them.

Only time any intervention was when it really was the reds and the police and army moved straigh in at cheang wattana

Another conspiracy theory! whistling.gif

Source was Nation TV.

Really? If that turns out to be the case, then it is what it is. Otherwise, conjecture is pointless and a masturbatory exercise.

Source was Nation TV.

Really? If that turns out to be the case, then it is what it is. Otherwise, conjecture is pointless and a masturbatory exercise.

Thats my favorite kind of exercise!!!

• Like 1

I have lost track of how many "grenade" reported bombings there have been in the last week or so. But tell me, o wise ones, is the term "grenade" being used in error by low intelligence level reporters, or do they now sell grenades at the local 7-Elevens in Bangkok? If so why not supply the security guards with several to lob back at the original attacker.

Honest to goodness grenades, were do they get them? I don´t knowñ but there have not been any further details about the group of people arrested a few days ago carrying the same type of grenades as have been used.

That is because they have been freed because they said they didn't do anything wrong and that the 4 grenades and ammo were just for personal protection and the police accepted this without delay and issued a statement that these people were totally innocent of all and any involvement in attacks on protesters and they had 'honorable' intentions.

This is why the police are NOT trusted. Personally I hope that the entire police force is replaced once Suthep wins, and he will win.

He already stated he will substitute Royal Police, with his trusted security forces...

Another blast wounds 28 Suthep supporters

BANGKOK: Twenty eight people were injured in a bomb explosion at the Victory Monument anti-government protest rally site at about 1.34pm, media reports said.

One of the 28 wounded is Sithinee Huangnak, a reporter for Post Today newspaper, who was admitted to nearby Ratchawithi Hospital. Ms Sithinee was later transferred to Phyathai Hospital 2 hospital.

The other wounded were rushed to Ramathibodi and Phra Mongkut hospitals, the reports said.

Thaworn Senneam, a former Democrat MP and core PDRC co-leader in charge at the Victory Monument rally stage, said an unidentified man threw an explosive device near a press centre tent behind the rally stage and ran off. He was chased by security guards and protesters, prompting him to toss another bomb.

But the group continued to try to catch him and the man fired a shot at them, leaving at least one person injured, before fleeing on a motorcycle driven by another man, heading toward Tuek Chai intersection.

It was believed the bomb thrower was one of six assailants at the scene. Mr Thaworn believes the bomber was targeting him as the bomb exploded only 20 metres away from where he was standing. Before the incident, guards spotted a suspicious-looking man and asked him to leave the protest venue.

A group of suspicious men later were seen scouting at the back of the rally stage, he said.

It is not yet known whether the explosive device was a grenade like the one used in Friday's attack.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/another-blast-wounds-28-suthep-supporters-44103.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-01-19