Army-police rift widens - Navy commander threatens to sue over 'mistaken identity'

webfact

Who is the Army Commander and Chief to tell the police anything. The Army has no control over the police unless General you want to have a coup and take over the police. As for the Navy they are becoming sue happy. They must have a large staff of lawyers.

If I was the police, I would listen. The military have bigger guns.
Well, that would normally be the case, but look how the army performs in the south where it is being destroyed by a handful of rag-tag, untrained and poorly equipped Muslim amateurs. If they can't contain what happens in the south, then how can they control the whole country? The police are extremely incompetent in doing police work (but they do well as an organized crime syndicate), but the army is not exactly performing very well either, with flops in the south, Cambodia and patrolling the yaba-border in the north. Edited by BestBitterPhuket

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Step by step most of his policies were a failure. Education did not improve an inch and during last 20 years, how do you call that. Implementing democrat designed 30 baht program and claiming it his own was partially effective but in 15 years it have outlived itself but no other alternative is in sight. Most of his policies are nothing but vote buying campaigns. Many of them disastrous rice scheme, war on drugs, pacifying south, corruption. Bottom line for me is that the man is an opportunist that was averagely effective as PM 15 years ago but is a dangerous liability for modern day thais.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The way this report/article is written can be seen as an attempt to create doubt on police impartiality. To create further chaos and violence through disuniting the police, army and navy. Send from my Mobile

CREATE doubt???

It's the police themselves that are instrumental in creating this doubt. The reporters are simply writing about what the police have done!!

what and where were the things that the police did that indicated that they created doubt for themselves ?

Send from my Mobile

The way this report/article is written can be seen as an attempt to create doubt on police impartiality. To create further chaos and violence through disuniting the police, army and navy. Send from my Mobile

CREATE doubt???

It's the police themselves that are instrumental in creating this doubt. The reporters are simply writing about what the police have done!!

what and where were the things that the police did that indicated that they created doubt for themselves ?

Send from my Mobile

There are only a few scenarios that would make you ask that question; that you have never been in Thailand, that you are simply trolling or that there's something not working right in between your ears... well there's a fourth that would involve a professional interest in posting such nonsense, but we are not allowed to discuss that.

All that Thailand needs now is Jesus Christ .. lot of them don't know God idolatry cannot give out anything good than what you are seeing going on now. many of the Thai citizen who now know Jesus as their personal Lord and savor has found peace but the churches in Thailand as well need to stand on the gap and pray for peace of this great nation, so that what the devil is planing will not work, Satan is looking for a way to drink the blood of Thai people this year but his plan will not work in the name of Jesus, Amen. since the prayer of the monk witch doctors cannot work to bring peace in Thailand election you people should call on the most high God he who have the power to take away and give life. without God intervention this protest will not stop. Let us go back to God Almighty in prayer. God bless Thailand.

CREATE doubt???

Send from my Mobile

They tried to deflect the publicity away from the potential of one of their own (red shirts) being responsible for throwing the grenades and blame it on to the military ie: the navy seal, you know, the one that was doing his duty but was accused of being a moonlighting Suthep guard!!!

This is where the doubts over their impartiality becomes apparent and it is not down to the author of the article at all, as it is his job to report these things!!!

They have already upset the army and the navy now - they are treading on dangerous ground here - they should remember that they are only the '3rd rate law enforcers' with popguns that they are not allowed to use otherwise it will get darling Yingluck into trouble if they do!!!

They were all for the emergency decree being brought in until the army and navy stamped on it!!

The army and navy are quite right here. They are emphasising what most sane people are saying - the police are clearly not doing enough. As for the photos doing the rounds - if the police issued those then they have a lot to answer for Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I saw the pictures of the Navy SEALs posted almost immediately after the CCTV recording pictures came out. Was probably thousands of people posting these pictures. It didn't come from police - maybe they released their own version after though, but speculation relating the incident to the SEALs and the picture of one who looked similar to the suspect began immediately without police involvement.

Step by step most of his policies were a failure. Education did not improve an inch and during last 20 years, how do you call that. Implementing democrat designed 30 baht program and claiming it his own was partially effective but in 15 years it have outlived itself but no other alternative is in sight. Most of his policies are nothing but vote buying campaigns. Many of them disastrous rice scheme, war on drugs, pacifying south, corruption. Bottom line for me is that the man is an opportunist that was averagely effective as PM 15 years ago but is a dangerous liability for modern day thais.Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Wouldn't argue with any of that. Personally I don't care whether the next government is PTP, Democrat or anything else. It would be healthy for democracy if power changed hands from time to time. But two questions......

Having listed Thaksins failures, do you think the Dems would do any better or would it be much the same?

Second question. Do you think the Dems should stand for election, or just blag their way in by provoking coup no. 19?

The police yesterday issued a statement confirming that the Navy officer in question was not the one who lobbed a grenade at the Victory Monument protest site. Pol General Ek Angsananont, deputy national police chief, also denied that police had distributed the naval officer's photograph along with the arrest warrant for the bomb suspect.

Have they located the man on the other photos being circulated to confirm his innocence? The man with a much stronger resemblance to the bomber, an associate of the late Seh Daeng? (who used to wear a hat adorned with grenade pins and make threats of throwing grenades at people)

Also, reportedly the man on the second set of pictures is working with Ko Tee, who has recently let Red Shirts to directly confront anti-government protesters.

I would think that to be a worthy lead to pursue, have them?

And has the subordinate of ex-Democrat MP Kowit handed himself over to police yet, after the Friday lunchtime grenade attack in which one protester died?

As I said before, he has disappeared. Why would an innocent man disappear?

After the the grenade exploded he was seen on CCTV video to jump from his truck and run towards the hiding place of the alleged bomber. The video showed the two of them walking back towards the truck ignoring the injured and dying around them. I suppose once the subordinate saw that his accomplice was uninjured the two of them beat a retreat from the scene.

They haven't been seen since, even though Kowit publicly acknowledged the truck driver was his subordinate. Where are they? Who is hiding them? Why would someone linked to the Democrats be involved with a grenade attack on their own kind?

And has the subordinate of ex-Democrat MP Kowit handed himself over to police yet, after the Friday lunchtime grenade attack in which one protester died?

After the the grenade exploded he was seen on CCTV video to jump from his truck and run towards the hiding place of the alleged bomber. The video showed the two of them walking back towards the truck ignoring the injured and dying around them. I suppose once the subordinate saw that his accomplice was uninjured the two of them beat a retreat from the scene.

They haven't been seen since, even though Kowit publicly acknowledged the truck driver was his subordinate. Where are they? Who is hiding them? Why would someone linked to the Democrats be involved with a grenade attack on their own kind?

He didn't completely disappear, he reappeared on stage saying it couldn't possibly be him because he needed one hand to drive cheesy.gif As we all know it is impossible to take your hand off the steering wheel when your are going 5 miles per hour....whistling.gif

Step by step most of his policies were a failure. Education did not improve an inch and during last 20 years, how do you call that. Implementing democrat designed 30 baht program and claiming it his own was partially effective but in 15 years it have outlived itself but no other alternative is in sight. Most of his policies are nothing but vote buying campaigns. Many of them disastrous rice scheme, war on drugs, pacifying south, corruption. Bottom line for me is that the man is an opportunist that was averagely effective as PM 15 years ago but is a dangerous liability for modern day thais.Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Wouldn't argue with any of that. Personally I don't care whether the next government is PTP, Democrat or anything else. It would be healthy for democracy if power changed hands from time to time. But two questions......

Having listed Thaksins failures, do you think the Dems would do any better or would it be much the same?

Second question. Do you think the Dems should stand for election, or just blag their way in by provoking coup no. 19?

More could've been done on education, yes. Thaksin was also fairly effective at cracking down on corruption as PM (just not his own personal corruption). Many of the TRT policies were well thought out and worked pretty well but this govt's policies have largely been poorly designed with worse implementation. They thought more of the same was required when what was needed was a radical rethink. Real reform. That's something everyone agrees is needed now at least.

I wish people would stop saying the 30 baht scheme had something to do with the Democrats though. It didn't. That's just become an often repeated, never substantiated, Thaivisa myth.

• Like 2

The police yesterday issued a statement confirming that the Navy officer in question was not the one who lobbed a grenade at the Victory Monument protest site. Pol General Ek Angsananont, deputy national police chief, also denied that police had distributed the naval officer's photograph along with the arrest warrant for the bomb suspect.

Have they located the man on the other photos being circulated to confirm his innocence? The man with a much stronger resemblance to the bomber, an associate of the late Seh Daeng? (who used to wear a hat adorned with grenade pins and make threats of throwing grenades at people)

Also, reportedly the man on the second set of pictures is working with Ko Tee, who has recently let Red Shirts to directly confront anti-government protesters.

I would think that to be a worthy lead to pursue, have them?

I would imagine that the simple truth will be out very soon and that you and your band of one eyed apprentice tea leaf readers will be peeling the egg from your faces

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Because nobody else was in power during this time that did anything effective.

Most in the Country can only afford these things, health care, schooling, University etc. as a direct result of his policies.

Incredible that 2 of the items you use to bash him, they were directly responsible for. The one home one pc or one child one tablet and the car loan. This not only gave people access to cars, it boosted the economy and made manufactures want to invest more. Very smart was that

Contrast today where Toyota are threatenind to invest 40 BILLION elsewhere if this keep up. Not clever was that Suthep!

He got the airport open and many on here scoffed as he said 12 million visiters a year was possible... He took thailand places and got their corruption index down a bit at one stage. Thats down on the current coup mongers on the streets now.

You are not there to be convinced, so I'm not going to try. But i'll tell you that your post clearly shows how poorly read you are on the policies of his government. Perhaps you only read what you like.

Please, if you do one thing today, read up about the corruption that plagued the airport, the infighting with the military and the vested interest at Don Muang. Please.. try learn one thing a day. Thaksin was not even a schoolboy when that sorry saga started.

Learn that one thing, they I'll tell you another tomorrow... then another and another. You won't like them, but they are true

key line "In 2008, The Nation admitted that its reports of corruption were incorrect, and retracted their stories

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corruption_in_the_Suvarnabhumi_Airport_project

It's amazing how Thaksin improved the global economy while he was in power, and also increased the global uptake of mobile phones too.

I don't know why Thaksin, as PM and Education Minister wasn't able to anything about education while he was in power, or while his proxy parties have been in power.

Hahahah wikipedia fail by pipkins

He thinks the Romans had guns too

Oh dear, were you not embarrassed enough when I pointed out to you that it is possible to be "shot" with an arrow from a bow, that it didn't have to be a gun?

The Bow, a weapon that was certainly in use by the Romans.

archer-210.jpg?w=300&h=286http://romanarcheo.blogspot.com/2011/12/roman-archers.html

Or was it like most times when you are provided with facts that you don't want to hear, you ignore them and carry on?

Since the man has not disappeared (Bangkok Post article Friday bomb suspect on rally stage) it invalidates your whole premise.

I can't believe there are xxxxx still peddling the idea the the driver would drop a grenade of the side of his vehicle and after the explosion walk around picking up some pieces for no reason. Do you even engage your brain before parroting this BS?

More could've been done on education, yes. Thaksin was also fairly effective at cracking down on corruption as PM (just not his own personal corruption). Many of the TRT policies were well thought out and worked pretty well but this govt's policies have largely been poorly designed with worse implementation. They thought more of the same was required when what was needed was a radical rethink. Real reform. That's something everyone agrees is needed now at least.

I wish people would stop saying the 30 baht scheme had something to do with the Democrats though. It didn't. That's just become an often repeated, never substantiated, Thaivisa myth.

A far as I understand it, the 30 baht healthcare scheme of Thaksin Shinawatra and the new 30 baht healthcare scheme of Thaksin Shinawatra had Abhisit's free healthcare scheme sandwiched in the middle. Yingluck re-implemented it because it was Thaksin's idea and because Abhisit made it free, she wanted it to be recognised as her brothers doing so slapped a 30 baht tax on it!!

Vindictive cow!!

Hahahah wikipedia fail by pipkins

He thinks the Romans had guns too

Oh dear, were you not embarrassed enough when I pointed out to you that it is possible to be "shot" with an arrow from a bow, that it didn't have to be a gun?

The Bow, a weapon that was certainly in use by the Romans.

archer-210.jpg?w=300&h=286http://romanarcheo.blogspot.com/2011/12/roman-archers.html

Or was it like most times when you are provided with facts that you don't want to hear, you ignore them and carry on?

Rather stupid if you ask me!!

If you take it to the extreme you can be shot without a weapon...........when you are tired!!

Since the man has not disappeared (Bangkok Post article Friday bomb suspect on rally stage) it invalidates your whole premise.

I can't believe there are xxxxx still peddling the idea the the driver would drop a grenade of the side of his vehicle and after the explosion walk around picking up some pieces for no reason. Do you even engage your brain before parroting this BS?

Yes. As if there is not enough false accusations from the BIB (not very clever attempts to shift the blame) about navy seals we now have this conspiracy crap regurgitated.

It seems that the red brigade have been fed another dose of propaganda today. The best one is that road blocks are terrorist activity. The BIB do it all the time to extort money - is that terrorism too.

Almost like an episode of the excellent 'Not The Nine O'clock News'.

• Like 1

Who is the Army Commander and Chief to tell the police anything. The Army has no control over the police unless General you want to have a coup and take over the police. As for the Navy they are becoming sue happy. They must have a large staff of lawyers.

If I was the police, I would listen. The military have bigger guns.

They also have a blimp.... and you wouldn't want that thing swanning around anywhere near you. smile.png

All that Thailand needs now is Jesus Christ .. lot of them don't know God idolatry cannot give out anything good than what you are seeing going on now. many of the Thai citizen who now know Jesus as their personal Lord and savor has found peace but the churches in Thailand as well need to stand on the gap and pray for peace of this great nation, so that what the devil is planing will not work, Satan is looking for a way to drink the blood of Thai people this year but his plan will not work in the name of Jesus, Amen. since the prayer of the monk witch doctors cannot work to bring peace in Thailand election you people should call on the most high God he who have the power to take away and give life. without God intervention this protest will not stop. Let us go back to God Almighty in prayer. God bless Thailand.

Monk witch doctors? ?

Would you go to Pakistan's Tribal Areas and talk smack about Allah? This is a Buddhist country. Show some respect.

Another guy who needs to run the mantra. Always remember:

Who You Are.

Where You're From.

Where You Are NOW.

(Thanks again, Mr. Barry Sandal wherever you are.)

Unbelievable!

better get back on your meds quick smart or you will end up back in THAT ward again.

The rift I would say is about the same as it always was. Massive. Both sides have their own agenda here and their priorities are to theirselves.

There seems to be a self perpetuating myth among many that Thailand will change for the good if they can get rid of Thaksiin... it won't As there is not much diversity in the western media here (things changing now) many who don't have access to news, just swallow hook line and sinker a few titbits they pick up.

They then talk loudly in bars about them and come to believe firmly in them. I'll say thaksin was corrupt... but he was corrupt AND did good for the country and many of its people. The other side have only their own interests at heart and are fighting behind the scenes anyway.

What changed for me is I have children at school here and I don't want them to be living in the mire of corruption that existed back when I arrived. Was barely reported then but bodies turned up regularly and activists and journalists learned never to questin what was going on.

The change now is with the internet. This information i out there and professional journalists feel they should report both sides (the article by cod yesterday was fantastic.. .and also the part from the yellow shirt guy equally as good) and many can see that all was not well in Thailand before Thaksin.

Lot of the social media stuff is misleading for many reasons and you have to try to understand why. It's a PR war and if they make enough noise on either side about a topic (the navy seals and Ko-Tee mate in the frame for the bombings) they are spread around to drag leaders away from their topic of the day, making them respond to more and more rumours etc. Both sides do it.

At least we have some balance on here now and Leaders from all sides, INC Army, navy and eventually some backers when they are outed have their feet held to the flames more than they used to. This is bringing change and has worked on the Army as they are saying NO COUP so often now that they will probably start believing it themselves soon.

Why you give credit for all good things that happened during last 20 years to thaksin. The quality of life raised worldwide regardless of his involvement. Almost all people own a mobile phone now while almost none did before thaksin assumed power. Will you credit this to him as well? Or how about the number of people who can afford to own a fridge or TV or car or computer is this also his achievment? He might have held this country back by building his own cult of personality.

Most in the Country can only afford these things, health care, schooling, University etc. as a direct result of his policies.

Incredible that 2 of the items you use to bash him, they were directly responsible for. The one home one pc or one child one tablet and the car loan. This not only gave people access to cars, it boosted the economy and made manufactures want to invest more. Very smart was that

Contrast today where Toyota are threatenind to invest 40 BILLION elsewhere if this keep up. Not clever was that Suthep!

He got the airport open and many on here scoffed as he said 12 million visiters a year was possible... He took thailand places and got their corruption index down a bit at one stage. Thats down on the current coup mongers on the streets now.

You are not there to be convinced, so I'm not going to try. But i'll tell you that your post clearly shows how poorly read you are on the policies of his government. Perhaps you only read what you like.

Please, if you do one thing today, read up about the corruption that plagued the airport, the infighting with the military and the vested interest at Don Muang. Please.. try learn one thing a day. Thaksin was not even a schoolboy when that sorry saga started.

Learn that one thing, they I'll tell you another tomorrow... then another and another. You won't like them, but they are true

key line "In 2008, The Nation admitted that its reports of corruption were incorrect, and retracted their stories

Thailand (and much of Asia)'s growth from 2001-2006 can almost entirely be attributed to increased US borrowing and spending over the period. Thailand's achievements during this period should not be credited to Thaksin, he just so happened to be in power at the right time.

Yingluck's economically stimulating policies were introduced during a time of a contracting monetary supply, while some stimulation is necessary in order to prevent a recession, the PTP clearly went overboard putting Thailand in a position where it now requires a continually increasing volume of economic stimulus in order to avoid collapse. If you're wondering why PTP would destroy the country's future for the sake of some growth in the present, just look who tripled his net wealth off the Thai sharemarket since PTP came to power.

Because the police are crap and have done NOTHING to enforce the law. They are corrupt and incompetent and an international embarrassment.

Done nothing huh? Like how they managed to find the grenade thrower on CCTV at Victory Monument despite that the protesters had covered up the cameras?

A far as I understand it, the 30 baht healthcare scheme of Thaksin Shinawatra and the new 30 baht healthcare scheme of Thaksin Shinawatra had Abhisit's free healthcare scheme sandwiched in the middle. Yingluck re-implemented it because it was Thaksin's idea and because Abhisit made it free, she wanted it to be recognised as her brothers doing so slapped a 30 baht tax on it!!

Vindictive cow!!

Yes, well that's just the continuation of the same scheme. I'm talking about the initial idea which for some reason people think came from Chuan. It didn't - the first proposal for a similar universal healthcare scheme was by Dr Sanguan, a civil servant (at the time of Chuan's government - hence the confusion perhaps). He was later invited to brainstorm with TRT policy advisors by Dr Surapong and together they came up with the 30 baht scheme.

Because the police are crap and have done NOTHING to enforce the law. They are corrupt and incompetent and an international embarrassment.

Done nothing huh? Like how they managed to find the grenade thrower on CCTV at Victory Monument despite that the protesters had covered up the cameras?

Wonderful investigative job by the BIB!!

They figured out that the bomb came from the direction of a supermarket door and wondered if the bomber might have been caught on the shops CCTV camera!!!

Hey presto - they have his image now. God they are proficient!!!

It's amazing how Thaksin improved the global economy while he was in power, and also increased the global uptake of mobile phones too.

I don't know why Thaksin, as PM and Education Minister wasn't able to anything about education while he was in power, or while his proxy parties have been in power.

They been busy fighting off Coups or havn't you notice this latest Suthep on failing.

Or the white mask

Oh, how about Pitak Siam

Or the Dems launching into their back up Judicial Coup instead of trying to be a politcal party.