Thai govt plans to seek Bt130 billion to pay angry farmers

webfact

As sad and hurtful as this is to the Thai rice farmers,.. it's all part of the meltdown factor necessary to bringing down the YL government.

They have shown their true colors and gone from shining saviors to deceitful liars in a short time and this will destroy them in the eyes of their most ardent supporters if it all does go south.

Oh how the mighty have fallen!

This is what should have happened, and makes what suthep did counter productive.

If Suthep and the anti-government protesters hadn't forced the government to call an election (even if inadvertently) the government would be happily borrowing away to finance this disaster. Removing the right for them to embrace further debt, or at least calling that into question, is hardly counter-productive.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing for sure out of all of this is that the farmers must be paid.

So how can this be achieved within the law.?

No point in going over and over again who is to blame that doesn't help the farmers and doesnt help the country.

The effects of non payment go farther than just the farmers, there is a whole trickle down effect for if they aren't paid they cant pay.

They are owed at present 100billion and that is new money that should be in the economy, it is estimated that the non payment has so far cost the economy 0.5 to 0.7%.

Where are the supposed brains in this country, ? Oh yes they are they are all so worried about themselves, their election, getting power, making fluffy statements that mean nothing.

This isn't just a few farmers blocking some roads, if nothing is done this will turn into a major catastrophy for this country.

It needs to be taken far more seriously than it is.

Whilst Im in Victor Meldrew mode ........why oh why the continuing advisory after so many posts about which ble##ding mobile phone the post was sent from!! who gives a

Be honest guys and girls doesnt it annoy the cr#p out of you! Is it mandatory for this website or do people actually proudly type in the model number etc of their mobile phone?

You're ignorant. We're not typing our mobile phone models. It's done as default by the Thaivisa app.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

If the Thaksin Party want any votes they need to buy them now. And that is exact what they do, buy rice farmer votes from Thai taxpayers money.

There was a suggestion in the other paper that as this is Thaksin's rice program and he is so wealthy, that he should just pay the 130 billion baht tab out of his own petty cash fund.

In the food centres at shopping malls, they use coupons. Also Tops supermarket sends out coupons to its valued customers. I think the government should consider printing coupons if they don't have the cash at the ready.

What's the accounting on all of this? How much is the rice worth, what do they owe? Is it that rare for a gov't to be on the losing side of a deal when it comes to a subsidy?

In the US they pay farmers to not grow food. At least they have a shit ton of rice..

Whilst Im in Victor Meldrew mode ........why oh why the continuing advisory after so many posts about which ble##ding mobile phone the post was sent from!! who gives a

Be honest guys and girls doesnt it annoy the cr#p out of you! Is it mandatory for this website or do people actually proudly type in the model number etc of their mobile phone?

You're ignorant. We're not typing our mobile phone models. It's done as default by the Thaivisa app.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Thank you for your observation of my alledged ignorance, however I was asking a question if you read my post!..................... is it mandatory? clearly by your answer it is!! its an automatic part of the application, which seems totally pointless! and incredibly annoying just like.........some ...................well never mind!!