Van den Plas?

Mayfair?

Traveller?

Clubman?

MG?

Little <deleted>/

Thats good enough......it was...

Wolseley Hornet and Riley Elf.

These two were a bit different other than trim, what was it. ?

Both cars were "3 box" design and the Elf had twin carbs.

They had a real boot/trunk.

post-41816-0-50345100-1392471151_thumb.j........smile.png

Wolsley?

Princess?

Van den Plas?

Mayfair?

Traveller?

Clubman?

MG?

Little <deleted>/

Thats good enough......it was...

Wolseley Hornet and Riley Elf.

These two were a bit different other than trim, what was it. ?

Both cars were "3 box" design and the Elf had twin carbs.

They had a real boot/trunk.

attachicon.gifElf.jpg........smile.png

That's called a "3 box" design.

how many BMC/BL mini body/ model variations can you name?

If the Mini Metro is included it could be a long list..facepalm.gif

I doubt if that would make a big difference - but I was thinking of variations on the original floor pan and basic body panels produced by BL/BMC.

Edited by wilcopops

I though id nailed it with the tiny Honda Sports-car, but our Car Wash German expert said it was a 4 Stroke. You can confer if its Pub Quiz style. M. Marlow are you trying to take my Crown for muddled posts.facepalm.gif

No-one could do that. I'm not muddled, what makes you think I am?

Twini Moke had two engines to provide 4WD

Name another "production" car that had twin engines to provide 4WD.

No it didn't that was a military prototype - the idea based on the Citroen Safari.

As well as van the mini came as a pick up.

Well the Citroen is the right answer but why didn't the Twini Moke have two engines?

No it didn't that was a military prototype - the idea based on the Citroen Safari.

Well the Citroen is the right answer but why didn't the Twini Moke have two engines?

Issigonis was a huge fan of Citroen. The mike was hoped to be an off-road version of the mini, but it wasn't up to it.

The British motor industry (as with many others) always liked the idea of selling a military vehicle as it gave a guaranteed production of a period of time. however the Moke was not up to it. the later 2 engine version was a crib off the Sahara but never took off - it was a design cul-de-sac. As it contained a complete engine and g/box at both ends it proved unreliable and awkward to drive. The Citroen Sahara used 2CV components and the "wire" technology so favoured by Citroen, which coupled with 2CV suspension made it eminently more suitable as an off-road vehicle and easier to control the 2 twin cycler air cooled engines.

Later versions of the Moke featured larger wheels in a hope to make it's off-load abilities better. It's real success came as a trendy holiday vehicle, especially after featuring in the Prisoner - cult TV series.

• Like 1

Issigonis was a huge fan of Citroen. The mike was hoped to be an off-road version of the mini, but it wasn't up to it.

The British motor industry (as with many others) always liked the idea of selling a military vehicle as it gave a guaranteed production of a period of time. however the Moke was not up to it. the later 2 engine version was a crib off the Sahara but never took off - it was a design cul-de-sac. As it contained a complete engine and g/box at both ends it proved unreliable and awkward to drive. The Citroen Sahara used 2CV components and the "wire" technology so favoured by Citroen, which coupled with 2CV suspension made it eminently more suitable as an off-road vehicle and easier to control the 2 twin cycler air cooled engines.

Later versions of the Moke featured larger wheels in a hope to make it's off-load abilities better. It's real success came as a trendy holiday vehicle, especially after featuring in the Prisoner - cult TV series.

Good job i didn't try spelling Prisoner - cult Series.

Grand Turismo. First used on Italian Tanks.

Roots are much, much older than that and first connected to motoring via Rolls Royce.

Perhaps Rolls and Royce were Italian. Id have thought they would have referred to a Grand Tourer, of which there wasn't one back then. Cortina G.T. seemed to start the craze on Brit Cars.