English manual for Honda SH 150i

namdocmai

I am looking for the english manual for the Honda SH 150i from 2013 made in Vietnam.

I have the Thai one but can't read it whistling.gif

Is there a website or can honda send it to me? I think it is pretty poor service to only give a Thai manual with a new bike. Thai people don't even fit on this model. Does Yamaha give one in English??

I think it is pretty poor service to only give a Thai manual with a new bike

Terrible service from Honda - how dare they supply a manual in Thai (in Thailand)

Does Yamaha give one in English??

I am sure if you asked Yamaha nicely they will EMS you the English version for your Honda

I would like to know how to start an SH if the battery is empty. There is no kickstarter. And pushing it also doesn't work because it is automatic

And you were hoping the manual has the magic answer ?

Actuallu I have it - jumpstart.

Thank you for the link but this is an older model. I have the SH 150i from 2013 made in vietnam.

Jumpstart? I don't know how to release the clutch on this bike, it is a variomatic. Maybe there is a hidden lever somewhere to release the clutch. Can't believe Honda made a bike that you only can start with jumper cables connected to the battery.

Thank you for the link but this is an older model. I have the SH 150i from 2013 made in vietnam.

Jumpstart? I don't know how to release the clutch on this bike, it is a variomatic. Maybe there is a hidden lever somewhere to release the clutch. Can't believe Honda made a bike that you only can start with jumper cables connected to the battery.

Jumpstart means using jumper cables. There is no hidden lever. Same as on any automatic cars, big scooter, etc.

Jumpstart means using jumper cables. There is no hidden lever. Same as on any automatic cars, big scooter, etc.

Oh ok, so i need to bring jumper cables with me then wai.gif

I have a classic car from 43 years old which is semi-automatic and even that one has a hidden lever so i can pushstart it. It also has a handle so you can start it by hand, turning that thing like a car in a cartoon. tongue.png

Well i will try to email Honda, i have 2 Honda bikes so i guess i deserve some extra service. Their emailaddress is hard to find though. Again bad service Honda.

If i was Honda i would put all the owners manuals online on the Honda.com website. If i buy anything with a manual in europe it always comes in like 10 languages. I really don't see the point why they have to keep me from getting instructions how to use my new bike properly.

• 2 weeks later...

Same here. I just bought a new SH150 today and the owners manual is in Thai only. I've been looking all over for see where I can order an English language version, and would also like to purchase a maintenance manual if possible. If anyone has had any success in finding where to obtain either manual please post where.

Same here. I just bought a new SH150 today and the owners manual is in Thai only. I've been looking all over for see where I can order an English language version, and would also like to purchase a maintenance manual if possible. If anyone has had any success in finding where to obtain either manual please post where.

Just call Honda and ask for the English manual. Tell them you don't need the one from another model but from the new 150i made in vietnam or you will call your uncle in Japan for it.

Good luck with the bike, i still love mine. I replaced the horn though, now it sounds louder then the horn on a car and that works great. Be carefull at security's because they don't hear your bike. Let us know how much fuel it uses if you drove 1000k. If you don't race it then you can easy do 50km a litre.

Just call Honda and ask for the English manual. Tell them you don't need the one from another model but from the new 150i made in vietnam or you will call your uncle in Japan for it.

Good luck with the bike, i still love mine. I replaced the horn though, now it sounds louder then the horn on a car and that works great. Be carefull at security's because they don't hear your bike. Let us know how much fuel it uses if you drove 1000k. If you don't race it then you can easy do 50km a litre.

Did you eventually get the correct manual? And what number can you call and speak to someone who understands English?

I've only put about 35 KM on my bike yesterday, and found the ride a little stiff but otherwise comfortable. Maybe the shocks aren't set for the softest ride as I was told they were?

I have the manual for the Honda Sh150CB. If dial <<<< Phone number removed for privacy reasons >>>> then you get the english speaking guy from Honda directly.

I have my shocks on the most soft level (you have to check that, you can turn those rings with the tool) and think it is not very soft but with a passenger on the back it is perfect. I can't adjust them more soft now but it's ok, also check your tire pressures. It is not a very soft suspension i agree but i can live with it.

First 500 km you should ride slow as the manual sais. I did 1400 km now and topspeed is about 120.

Edited by metisdead

I have the manual for the Honda Sh150CB. If dial <<<< Phone number removed for privacy reasons >>>> then you get the english speaking guy from Honda directly.

I have my shocks on the most soft level (you have to check that, you can turn those rings with the tool) and think it is not very soft but with a passenger on the back it is perfect. I can't adjust them more soft now but it's ok, also check your tire pressures. It is not a very soft suspension i agree but i can live with it.

First 500 km you should ride slow as the manual sais. I did 1400 km now and topspeed is about 120.

I called Honda AP in Bangkok a few days ago, and received the photocopy of the Honda SH150CB Owner's Manual in English yesterday. So far I've found nothing to complain about. It seems quite responsive, a comfortable ride, excellent braking, and I've only put a little more than 300 km on it so far. I'm now waiting to see the 2014 PCX150i, and check out the LED lighting on it.

I called Honda AP in Bangkok a few days ago, and received the photocopy of the Honda SH150CB Owner's Manual in English yesterday. So far I've found nothing to complain about. It seems quite responsive, a comfortable ride, excellent braking, and I've only put a little more than 300 km on it so far. I'm now waiting to see the 2014 PCX150i, and check out the LED lighting on it.

I read finally read that manual and i think it is the real manual for the SH. I never knew they call it the SH150CB, i thought they would call it SH150i.

What i don't understand is if the fuel tank is really 7.5 litres. When my fuel-gauge tells me the tank is empty i can max. fill it with 6.8 litre . I don't dare to test it further because i'm scared of getting stranded with an empty tank. The gauge was pretty close to the empty side but there was no light burning on it (don't even know if there is a light or warning at all). If the tank is really 7.5 litres then i should be able to drive it for 7.5x40 (or 50 if i drive efficient) = 300 km at least.

Also i mounted another horn on it, a very loud one and that works great. It was a set of 2 horns with a relay but i can't fit 2 of them under the panel and actually one is enough.

I don't understand though why the pcx has an alarm and the SH only has the finder by remote. I would like to connect an alarm to it. Also i want something for my sunglasses. That compartment is not handy enough, i keep my clear glasses in there that i use at night only.

Yes it is a great bike, do you still use the windscreen? I took mine off because i only drive in the city and the screen is more for long distances.I also like the rearcase but i expected it to have an easyier to use lock on it.

The bike is so quiet that i almost got hit by the barrier at our security posts. It happened twice allready, those guys don't hear my bike at all.

I read finally read that manual and i think it is the real manual for the SH. I never knew they call it the SH150CB, i thought they would call it SH150i.

What i don't understand is if the fuel tank is really 7.5 litres. When my fuel-gauge tells me the tank is empty i can max. fill it with 6.8 litre . I don't dare to test it further because i'm scared of getting stranded with an empty tank. The gauge was pretty close to the empty side but there was no light burning on it (don't even know if there is a light or warning at all). If the tank is really 7.5 litres then i should be able to drive it for 7.5x40 (or 50 if i drive efficient) = 300 km at least.

Also i mounted another horn on it, a very loud one and that works great. It was a set of 2 horns with a relay but i can't fit 2 of them under the panel and actually one is enough.

I don't understand though why the pcx has an alarm and the SH only has the finder by remote. I would like to connect an alarm to it. Also i want something for my sunglasses. That compartment is not handy enough, i keep my clear glasses in there that i use at night only.

Yes it is a great bike, do you still use the windscreen? I took mine off because i only drive in the city and the screen is more for long distances.I also like the rearcase but i expected it to have an easyier to use lock on it.

The bike is so quiet that i almost got hit by the barrier at our security posts. It happened twice allready, those guys don't hear my bike at all.

The Thai model/version of the SH150i is identified as a SH150CBD TH, which is shown on the first page of the Thai owners manual. The cover letter of the English language owners manual noted that while the manuals are based on a prototype, specifications contained in the Thai version owners manual should be followed. I've not noticed any differences in the specs contained in either manual but I haven't looked thoroughly.

Both the Thai and the English manuals describe the fuel tank to be 7.5 liters, and somewhere I remember reading that when the gauge reaches the red, there is 1.7 liters remaining. Yesterday I ran mine until the needle reached the bottom of the red, and I had driven exactly 300 KM since filling the tank at that point and it took 6.73 liters to fill up. So it appears that when the gauge indicates totally empty I still have about .77 liters remaining. Based on that I should be able to go about 334 KM on a full tank, perhaps a little more once broken in and I drive more efficiently. I've barely opened the throttle yet but got up to 100 km/h on a newly paved stretch for a couple of KM once. I expect it should get to at least 120 km/h if I open the throttle more than a few mm.

I ordered mine without a windscreen, but the box requires a little attention to get it close properly. The horn seems adequate, but I seldom need it except for an occasional dog that doesn't seem to hear the bike approaching. It IS very quiet, and about all I hear is the breeze.

You are talking about a less than .7 of a litre maybe you are just not empty enough when you fill up?

Edited by VocalNeal

You are talking about a less than .7 of a litre maybe you are just not empty enough when you fill up?

The fuel capacity is 7.5 liters, and according to the owners manual, when the needle touches the red on the gauge there is 1.7 liters remaining. I ran it until the needle was pointing at the long red bar, at which point I still had .7 liters and perhaps the needle could have moved slightly below the red bar had I ran the tank dry, but that was not my intent.

The information relating to above can be found on pages 20 and 131 of the English language manual, and pages 21 and 135 of the Thai language manual.

Edited by z9999

Are there any Hondas available in Thailand with a reserve tank? I ask this as I was sure i was in the Honda dealer and under a seat saw a tank marked reserve. That being said I am taking cold medication!

Are there any Hondas available in Thailand with a reserve tank? I ask this as I was sure i was in the Honda dealer and under a seat saw a tank marked reserve. That being said I am taking cold medication!

When the fuel gauge is in the red you're running on the reserve supply. No need for a separate tank.

I drove untill the fuelgauge was totally in the empty corner and then still had 0.7 litre left. So from now on i will always drive it into the corner and then find a fuelstation. 30 km to find a station is easy here in BKK.

Yes 120 is a good speed, i always wear slippers and shorts/shirt so i'm happy it doesn't go any faster because i would do that.

Well if you need the windscreen i still have it. Maybe i like it in the rainingseason or for long distances but not now in traffic jam every day.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...