PDRC protest rally in Rayong attacked with bombs

webfact

PDRC protest rally in Rayong attacked with bombs

2-15-2014-10-46-18-AM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

RAYONG: -- Two hand grenades were thrown at the protest rally site of the Peole’s Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) in Klaeng district of Rayong, injuring a people and damaging five cars.

Klaeng district police said that the bomb attack happened at about 10.20 p.m. after the rally ended and all attendants have left the place. Two bombs were thrown, they said.

They found two grenade pins at the protest site.

The police said that the bomb attack was aimed at harassing and intimidating the PDRC activists in the province as it happened after the protest rally ended and most people have left the area.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/pdrc-protest-rally-rayong-attacked-bombs/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-02-15

reds following chalerms orders once again, what a pack of no hopers the reds and chalerm are. Someone should tell them that attacking civilians is a good sign of cowardice and a definite lack of balls/manhood, they are pathetic.

• Like 2

reds following chalerms orders once again, what a pack of no hopers the reds and chalerm are. Someone should tell them that attacking civilians is a good sign of cowardice and a definite lack of balls/manhood, they are pathetic.

I see you must have soem inside info into this then ?

• Like 2

4 wounded in bombing at Rayong PDRC site; Criminal Court attacked

x13924452876079-640x390x2.jpg.pagespeed.

RAYONG, Feb 15--- Four persons were injured in an explosion near the stage of the anti-government People’s Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) in this eastern province last night, while a Criminal Court window was shattered by an attack overnight.

The victims in the bombing were identified as Thanyarat Lamom, Sitthichai Amnatdetch, Alongkorn Tem-Iam and Udomsak Ruangpradit.

The blast occurred in Klaeng district late last night after onstage activities ended. As a group of PDRC supporters were leaving the rally site, an explosive projectile fell near the stage.

Klaeng police said the blast damaged five cars and at least one motorbike.

Police found a mortar shell at the scene and collected it as evidence for further investigation.

In Bangkok, an unknown number of attackers fired an M-79 grenade at the Criminal Court on Ratchadaphisek Road last night.

Police found that a seventh floor window was shattered in the shooting, but no injuries were reported.

Phahonyothin police are examining surveillance camera footage to seek clues regarding the assailants.

Meanwhile, the home of Anti-Corruption Organisation of Thailand (ACT) chairman Pramon Sutivong in Yan Nawa district was attacked by gunmen early Saturday morning.

Police reported that the attackers fired around 10 bullets at Mr Pramon’s home about 3am.

The shooting partially damaged the home with some five bullets being found inside, but no one was hurt

Apart from being ACT chairman, Mr Pramon is chairman of Toyota Motor Thailand and a member of the Siam Cement Group board of directors. (MCOT online news)

xtnalogo.jpg.pagespeed.ic.VDX5E1OBGx.web
-- TNA 2014-02-15

footer_n.gif.pagespeed.ce.1fzrZTJkPQ.gif

The attacks on the protesters have stepped up since the emergency decree was imposed - an incongruity that should cause Chalerm intense embarrassment. As well as questions. But yesterday there were also armed attacks on the Criminal Court - as they has earlier in the day refused to extend the detention of a PDRC leader for an additional seven days - and there was also an armed attack at the residence of a CEO of a company that was accused by the DSI of funding the protests. So now the net of terror has been widen to victimize private citizens and the Criminal Court itself. When the objects of intimidation begin to include the very institutions that are entrusted with upholding the law, there remains nothing that will hold society together, nothing that will protect the citizens from the whims of those who hurl bombs.

It's curious, isn't it, the last time an SOE was declared, 3 days later 25 people were dead.

Mind you, that was a completely different administration, with radically different crowd control methods.

Edited by fab4
  • Like 2

Instigate another coup, block the city for 3 months, insult the majority of the people, call them uneducated buffaloes, try to take away their right to vote and even kill them and than whine and moan when they get angry and retaliate...

Twiggy asks "How is anyone condoning it ?" and 7 posts later, there you are.

• Like 2

In developed national jurisdictions almost everywhere in civilized societies, most mass violence is confronted with the RULE OF LAW. If not, but instead there are demands for negotiations seeking a cessation of rampage such as change in government, the message to people would be that the commission of violence could end in an award, not punishment. Repeatedly, the Suthep anti-government protesters have engaged in mass violence contrary to the rule of law without any law enforcement consequences. The reasons don't matter. The message sent to the public is that mass violence is condoned in this society as a means to a way. In action by the National Police to maintain the rule of law is no less corruption that bribery.

It's curious, isn't it, the last time an SOE was declared, 3 days later 25 people were dead.

Mind you, that was a completely different administration, with radically different crowd control methods.

...........and a radically different crowd.

Only yesterday Yingluck was warned about the 'unpredictable and uncontrollable' nature of the red shirt supporters as Abhisit found out himself back in 2010.

• Like 1

But more manly than shooting a man in the forehead at point blank range because he tried to stop an argument about someone stepping on the toe of some young punk.

PDRC have made so many enemies in Thailand, so many groups been hurt by these idiotic, anti-democratic thugs, that thrower could have been anyone.

Some people on here are more interested in scoring cheap political points rather than justice, but until more evidence comes forward, accusing one specific group or another is pointless.

• Like 1

Some Thai people honestly do not have enough to do.

Many people could "find the time" to protest.... many people have time in the evenings to go out and throw firecrackers, grenades and ping pong bombs....

But people don't seem to have enough time to work.... yet they are always complaining about being so tired from work....

Can someone explain this mysterious phenomena???!! I am baffled!

• Like 1

How is anyone condoning it ?

When a government which controls and entire police force puts in massive efforts to protect and aid their red shirt movement, and let;s be honest here..... They get all the special benefits of police investigations etc.... for crimes against them, and let's face it, the red shirt movement is an illegal militant group firmly connected with the PTP and the Shin clan.

Then contrast that with now well over 50 attacks on PDRC rallies and people, and the police (controlled by the government) have not even bothered their arse to even start an investigation.

Then one can assume they are against one lot and support the other.... This helps to facilitate the attacks by telling the red shirts to 'go ahead, we won't stop you'.

I would say helping terrorism is a lot worse than condoning it. But yes.... if they allow it to happen, then by default they condone it.

The south has has a lot of killings last week i suppose everyone the police the army both parties etc condone that then for letting it happen ? Dont be ridiculous... allowed to happen indeed bah.gif ... yet another bs claim, you assume a lot here all the time of which most does not make sense or are wild unbaseless claims, personal tin foil hat opinions ...or just blatant bs

There isnt anything in the slightest balanced in your rantings, in short your a fanatical yellow loon and just as mental as any UDD red wearing radical.

Lost causes have their hangers on, clearly your one and the PDRC is a lost cause, always was

Edited by englishoak
  • Like 1

How is anyone condoning it ?

If by "condoning" he meant orchestrating, promoting and funding these terrorist attacks, I have to agree with him. One would have to be a red flag waving fruitcake not to see what is really happening here. whistling.gif

The south has has a lot of killings last week i suppose everyone the police the army both parties etc condone that then for letting it happen ? Dont be ridiculous... allowed to happen indeed bah.gif.pagespeed.ce.-cCHYEZ1Lo.gif ... yet another bs claim, you assume a lot here all the time of which most does not make sense or are wild unbaseless claims, personal tin foil hat opinions ...or just blatant bs

There isnt anything in the slightest balanced in your rantings, in short your a fanatical yellow loon and just as mental as any UDD red wearing radical.

Lost causes have their hangers on, clearly your one and the PDRC is a lost cause, always was

The only nine words in your comment that made any sense to me was - ................ "just as mental as any UDD red wearing radical".............................

And calling someone a "fanatical yellow loon" is pure gold, keep them coming and hope they are not removed due the the Flaming rule. thumbsup.gif

What would you like to call people that are insistent only one side is pure and innocent and its all "them, them them " if not unbalanced or fanatical ? coffee1.gif

There you go again without any proof whatsoever, pure speculation. So if someone dos'nt agree with your baseless theories backed up with nothing, they must be red flag waving ? utter rubbish backed by nothing.

Its no better than someone saying its all self inflicted propaganda attacks by the PDRC as this nearly always causes no injury at empty buildings or sites. Also utter rubbish and backed by zero facts.

Somewhere out there is the truth and theories arnt acceptable as the truth anywhere I know sorry.

Edited by englishoak
  • Like 1

I fail to see why many get irate and abuse each other on here regarding the re versus yellow shirt. The Thai people have never asked your opinion, never wanted your opinion and in the whole would probably prefer fo you all to mind your own business. You will never have the right to vote so your ability to change anything is absolutely zero. All it achieves is creating animosity between fellow VISITORS to this country. Take a xanax and relax.

• Like 2

I fail to see why many get irate and abuse each other on here regarding the re versus yellow shirt. The Thai people have never asked your opinion, never wanted your opinion and in the whole would probably prefer fo you all to mind your own business. You will never have the right to vote so your ability to change anything is absolutely zero. All it achieves is creating animosity between fellow VISITORS to this country. Take a xanax and relax.

You might be right when you say Thais aren't interested in what foreigners think but then again we had this from the government's Foreign Minister, Deputy Prime Minister, Deputy Pheu Thai leader, head of CAPO and family relative of the current PM, DM and the ex PM.....

'SURAPONG SEEKS WORLD BACKING'

So it would seem that some Thais are interested in foreign opinions after all.

Yes Bamboo, they all try to be politically correct on the world stage. This being from both camps. But I was actually referring to us that reside here. I couldnt think of one Thai person that would lose and ounce of sleep over the thoughts of a FARANG about the political situation. This also includes my wife. She will listen and then the reply of " this is for Thais to fix". I am sure you will agree that the thoughts of all Thais, outside our respective families, is one only of tolerance. They, and only they, can fix this. I just sincerely hope all can work out well for this beautiful country and majority of nice people. As for the main cause of these protests being corruption, I am sure this can be corrected by the abolishment of buying positions. Make it all merit based so no need to re-coup costs of buying the job. May it all end peacefully with Thailand being the winner.

Yes Bamboo, they all try to be politically correct on the world stage. This being from both camps. But I was actually referring to us that reside here. I couldnt think of one Thai person that would lose and ounce of sleep over the thoughts of a FARANG about the political situation. This also includes my wife. She will listen and then the reply of " this is for Thais to fix". I am sure you will agree that the thoughts of all Thais, outside our respective families, is one only of tolerance. They, and only they, can fix this. I just sincerely hope all can work out well for this beautiful country and majority of nice people. As for the main cause of these protests being corruption, I am sure this can be corrected by the abolishment of buying positions. Make it all merit based so no need to re-coup costs of buying the job. May it all end peacefully with Thailand being the winner.

I´ve been asked many times about my opinion on the political situation by Thais. So please don´t presume of speaking for them.

• Like 1