Thai rice farmers seek sympathy from tourists at Suvarnabhumi Airport

webfact

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hm, well,... I don't really know what to say,... whether I should laugh or should I cry,...

... when rice farmers go that far to such International tourism areas. That's the first time I've ever heard such thing.

All I can say is that soon there will be a discussion of mixed opinions here...

It's the first time in Thailand that a government has failed to meet its financial obligations.

They have worked hard for us and now are reduced to begging.

What would any of us do if we were in their predicament?

• Like 1

Why the donation box?

I thought Suthep had collected more than 20 million in 1 day last week for the farmers?

Ha Ha I doubt it would be for the farmers, more likely his pocket. Just another one on the bandwagon ripping of the Thai's.

Since when does Suthep represent the farmers ?

All I heard is that he donated a lot of money to them, not that he organized their protests .

• Like 1

Why would Thongchai think that foreign tourists would care about Thai farmers' plight? The Thai farmers should go over to the Royal Bangkok Club and beg. It was interesting to note that airport security personnel and management didn't stop them from "annoying" tourists. This is just what Thailand needs is to have different groups begging at the airport. If it's okay for the farmers, then it should be okay for the rubber growers, and the food vendors. Everyone in to the pool and let's go begging from foreign tourists. This make TAT very happy.

• Like 1

Seriously? Don't they have any shame at all?

Sent from my GT-I9200 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Who are you referring too?

The government or the farmers?

What you like them to do when they have been stripped of everything..

So begging at an international airport, the gateway to thailand is ok? Do u think that the tourist would feel pity for them?

Shame? When you have nothing left what is shame to you?? Shame, no need to eat? Shame, no need to feed the family?

so ur solution would be to beg? What about finding other work that pays u salary to feed urself or ur family?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Seriously? Don't they have any shame at all?

Lets let you and your family spend all of your money with no chance to make more and see if you are not reduced to doing this. Show some sympathy mate. These farmers could be your family. Hopeless with noone to turn to and in great debt

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Go out & find other jobs that will put food on the table. Income will not come to those that just sit & wait. Everyone has a choice.....work or don't work & beg.

• Like 1

This is where its all taken out of proportion,poor farmers dont have chanote land therefore could not go into the pledging scheme.

Its the middle class farmer who,i say who should have a bit of business knowledge having entered this scheme.

Now if you run a mediocre business,you should still have funds for the next couple of years to see you through if paid or not for a certain amount of time.

If you dont,you should sell your chanote land and get out of business.One of the problems with the thais is they dont like to sell assets if there struggling.

I'm sure there will be farmers hurting,but the percentage will be small.