FDA blames Japanese anime for Thai teens' obsession with body image

webfact

The image posted reminds me of aircraft art from WWII. Men have long had an unrealistic ideal and women who approximate that ideal are called beautiful. In the not too distant future "body sculpting" will be a literal reality. 200 years from now I am betting every woman looks like an anime character and every guy will look like a comic book hero. "Oh brave new world that has such people in it!"

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

FDA blames Japanese anime for Thai teens' obsession with body image

To FDA:

Dudes, you are missing an opportunity here! Just tell them teens that they too can get bodies like that:

if they exercise regularly! Slam, bam, thank you ma'm! So, get campaigning correctly and everybody benefits...

MMMMM...I want a body like that too!

Of course I'll have to replace my wardrobe and I'll probably need a tight bra when I'm jogging

Sayonarax, on 17 Feb 2014 - 14:18, said:

And all along i thought it was Korea, Thais were opposed with..

unless the girls read comic books too?

Did marvel and dc comics make us think we were Tony Stark or Bruce Wayne?

facepalm.gif

No, but I thought I was superman and jumped off the house roof...guess what, I'm not superman. lol

Never jump off a roof with a pocket full of kryptonite. But if you do make sure your wearing clean underwear because it can be really embarrassing when they scrape off your skiddies at the hospital.

Has anyone else ever noticed when there is a problem with something in Thailand it is always a foreigners fault?

Yes, I have. It really does seem that Thais are incapable of seeing any faults in their culture or society.

But isn't this article just plain insulting to Thai intelligence and especially to that of Thai teen girls? These over-endowed drawings are so clearly unrealistic that anybody with even half a functioning brain should be able to dismiss them as pure fantasy. The idea that Japanese cartoons are destroying the youth of Thailand is like saying, "Our teens do not have the mental ability to separate fantasy from reality."

And let me remind you the "rice scheme' failure was caused by India and Vietnam for taking advantage of Thaksin's greed and stupidity. If these countries were also governed by greedy dishonest idiots, the rice scheme would have worked. Damn foreigners are destroying Thailand without even being here.

• Like 1

blame blame, allways blame somebody else...

thai teens, some really should lose weight... the ones weighing more than me for example... blame mcdonald, kfc, cola, and other garbage food

Perhaps should blame laying on the sofa all day playing with an iPhone rather than blaming food............whistling.gif

Who to blame........mostly the world. Cosmetics, fashion all within all these girls reach. All with their smart phones taking pictures of themselves and see what they need to improve..

It is just the padded underwear that gets me for the skinny ladies.

Surprised anime is being blamed. I thought the biggest influencer was the K-Pop boys and girls with their manufactured looks and choreographed antics. Also the K-dramas, where everyone is beautiful, nobody has to work and all the girls look like they came from the same mould.