Racism towards chinese tourists and biasness.

ultimate weapon

The comment of course, the topic is just a statement & subjective for argument, the video is also speculative as it looks staged. Only the most ignorant of whites (90 percent of Europeans) would believe this was real.

I've talked a many bad things about the Chinese but not referenced the general population, only against their manufacturing & upper government. In all travels the Asians stand up as the most consistent & true. The British as well. The Americans or Australians...well it depends, Middle-East also depends, though most among the European countries (Spain, France & Italy aside or exempted) (but special consideration in the area of "hater" countries via general populace vs percentage, towards Germany, Austria, Denmark & the Swiss); just experience in high quantities. And many Chinese are not poor to the fact that they just go to Thailand. I think I can relate with them to the extent that I too will avoid many "almost all white" & "utterly racist" (European) countries (rich or not is not a factor, but diversified & open-minded is).

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a Thai Airways Bangkok - Beijing flight apparently:

if you did that on a western flight ud probably be going to jail upon landing thesedays biggrin.png

Airlines these days are little more than cattle cars. I recall that 40 years ago flying was fun.

Now, people get tortured by the way the airlines have everything set up to cut comfort at any expense.

Still, this seems to be what the majority of people want, low fairs, and rides fit for pigs and goats.

Of course, we all do realize there is nothing special about the Chinese.

Chinese people who come to Thailand are not representative of a cross section of their society.

They don't have money, so they come here to Thailand.

If they had money, they would be off to Europe, France, Vienna, or Hawaii, or Sydney.

But Thailand is good for any Tom Dick or Harry who has only 10,000 Baht to his name, and may have been sleeping with pigs in his home not many years ago.

What do they know about polite society? Truly not much.

But in this they are exactly the same as the Americans, or the British or anyone else in that socioeconomic strata.

I don't like to associate with them too much, because for them life is all wine, women, and song.

Kafka, they have never heard of.

I believe this to be the most bias/prejudiced post since becoming a member. If I came across someone like this in California, I'd direct them to Southeast LA where they would be swiftly processed.

Please clarify: I believe this to be the most bias/prejudiced post since becoming a member.

Do you mean the posted topic?

Or, do you mean my comment?

I agree that there is much that is racist here, including especially GENERALIZING about members of a race or group, and then implying that this behavior is racially or culturally identifiable. Of course, there are many types of people and behavior in any group, in any group of Chinese, or Americans, or another country.

These days however, it is very easy to pick out the Chinese for castigation since they are the ones who are newly comparatively wealthy, and are coming to Thailand in fairly large numbers, and are probably less wealthy than the more educated class of Chinese who choose to go to the south of France, and there are plenty of these people also.

The ones who go to France look down their noses at the Chinese who can only afford to come to Thailand.

I love Thailand, so I am pretty happy here, no matter who comes visiting.

And that's an expression of a good heart.

Guys what is your opinion of china and tibet vs the current situation of russian taking over crimea? If you care to know crimea isn't a part of russia but a soverign country ukraine but russia doesn't care and just takes over it.

So where are the protestors aiding the freedom of crimea? Like the ppl complaining of tibet?

You see what i am talking about now?

Guys what is your opinion of china and tibet vs the current situation of russian taking over crimea? If you care to know crimea isn't a part of russia but a soverign country ukraine but russia doesn't care and just takes over it.

So where are the protestors aiding the freedom of crimea? Like the ppl complaining of tibet?

Excuse me to take a side step to your question, but Tibet is an excellent country for any traveller to check out.

Excuse me to take a side step to your question, but Tibet is an excellent country for any traveller to check out.

Tibet is a part of china it's like saying siberia is a nice country to check out. Now please answer my question. I suppose you somehow don't mind if russia takes over a part of ukraine but have something to say about china and tibet. Can i know why. Why the biasness.

As far as i am concerned,large amount of people in crimea regard themselves as Russian and have strong wills to stay with Russian.Things in there's complicated.

The comment of course, the topic is just a statement & subjective for argument, the video is also speculative as it looks staged. Only the most ignorant of whites (90 percent of Europeans) would believe this was real.

I've talked a many bad things about the Chinese but not referenced the general population, only against their manufacturing & upper government. In all travels the Asians stand up as the most consistent & true. The British as well. The Americans or Australians...well it depends, Middle-East also depends, though most among the European countries (Spain, France & Italy aside or exempted) (but special consideration in the area of "hater" countries via general populace vs percentage, towards Germany, Austria, Denmark & the Swiss); just experience in high quantities. And many Chinese are not poor to the fact that they just go to Thailand. I think I can relate with them to the extent that I too will avoid many "almost all white" & "utterly racist" (European) countries (rich or not is not a factor, but diversified & open-minded is).

Well, I guess your clarification needs further clarification. For example:

1. The Chinese who come to Thailand are not representative of a true cross section of their population. I have talked to quite a few.

2. Mostly, they seem to be coming from Southern China provinces, and usually just two provinces.

3. They are not from ShangHai, from Beijing, From Hong Kong, From JiangSu, and other places where you are more likely to find the highest educated and wealthiest group of upper middle class people.

4. You can ask them as I have asked them when you meet Chinese people you see in the tour groups:

a. Where do you come from?

b. What do you do in China?

c. What do your parents do?

d. Where do you go to school?

e. Are you staying at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel?

f. What do you think about the sights you have seen while here?

g. What do you want to see in Thailand.

5. Then when you have learned as much as I about what sector of the population in China visits here, then you will be in a position to say something interesting and accurate.

Toodles.

Tibet is a part of china it's like saying siberia is a nice country to check out. Now please answer my question. I suppose you somehow don't mind if russia takes over a part of ukraine but have something to say about china and tibet. Can i know why. Why the biasness.

You didn't read my addition thereafter

As far as i am concerned,large amount of people in crimea regard themselves as Russian and have strong wills to stay with Russian.Things in there's complicated.

well it isn't a part of russian.

I see this sickening biasness.

1. The Chinese who come to Thailand are not representative of a true cross section of their population. I have talked to quite a few.

2. Mostly, they seem to be coming from Southern China provinces, and usually just two provinces.

3. They are not from ShangHai, from Beijing, From Hong Kong, From JiangSu, and other places where you are more likely to find the highest educated and wealthiest group of upper middle class people.

4. You can ask them as I have asked them when you meet Chinese people you see in the tour groups:

5. Then when you have learned as much as I about what sector of the population in China visits here, then you will be in a position to say something interesting and accurate.

Toodles.

Why do people always attack other people whether with a gun, stick or word. It's not the people but the governments everywhere? And there is always common ground.

Noisy, shouting, queue jumping tourists can come from any country - but huge groups of noisy, shouting queue jumping tourists will be from China.

Sent from my C6902 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yes Chinese but I came across Indians and Indonesians as well.

You grow tiresome.

On another subject though:

We all should be aware that during this time when China is growing rapidly economically, and expanding its soft and hard power, and while Chinese are traveling increasingly to more places in groups and individually, it is only natural that there will be friction between the cultures of China and Thailand, and between Chinese tourists and local people.

People get sensitive when this happens, just as when the Americans invaded the UK during WW2. The people over in the UK did not like the GI, and so why would they.

But this was not due to racial differences that the people of the UK did not like the Yanks, but just due to white teeth of the Americans, and the fact that the Americans had money, plenty of cigarettes, and loved to steal the girls away from the British young men.

Well russian attacks ukraine. Nobody complains. China gets back tibet and everyone of b!tching. One of the many examples of racism chinese ppl face.

Where are you getting this stuff??

No one complaining about Putin's sabre-rattling re the Crimea? As far as I can see everyone's freaking out about it, if anything over-reacting, e.g. John McCain and Lindsey Graham, to the point that John Stewart's mocking them about their warmongering http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/04/jon-stewart-republicans-ukraine_n_4895869.html (google "Daily Show full episodes" if that link's still not working).

Some decent think-pieces:

- http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/president-obamas-foreign-policy-is-based-on-fantasy/2014/03/02/c7854436-a238-11e3-a5fa-55f0c77bf39c_story.html

- http://www.forbes.com/sites/jamespoulos/2014/03/03/how-both-republicans-and-democrats-are-blowing-it-on-russia/

China "gets back" Tibet? When did they ever lose their grip? And the strongest demand I've seen even from the DL's government in exile is for more autonomy not actual independence.

Well russian attacks ukraine. Nobody complains. China gets back tibet and everyone of b!tching. One of the many examples of racism chinese ppl face.

No one complaining about Putin's sabre-rattling re the Crimea? As far as I can see everyone's freaking out about it, if anything over-reacting, e.g. John McCain and Lindsey Graham, to the point that John Stewart's mocking them about their warmongering http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/04/jon-stewart-republicans-ukraine_n_4895869.html (google "Daily Show full episodes" if that link's still not working).

- http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/president-obamas-foreign-policy-is-based-on-fantasy/2014/03/02/c7854436-a238-11e3-a5fa-55f0c77bf39c_story.html

- http://www.forbes.com/sites/jamespoulos/2014/03/03/how-both-republicans-and-democrats-are-blowing-it-on-russia/

China "gets back" Tibet? When did they ever lose their grip? And the strongest demand I've seen even from the DL's government in exile is for more autonomy not actual independence.

You are wrong here. China hosts the oylmpics and ppl bitch about tibet. There is a movie called 12 years in tibet where is the equivalent called 12 years in the crimea?

Do you know how long ago china took over tibet? It is a very long time ago. Yet they have the anti tibetian bridgade still around. Russia takes over any country. That is okay.

Again, no idea what you're talking about.

I don't know anyone who's actually serious about rolling back China's invasion of Tibet. The popularity of the DL and Buddhism in the West is behind their support, they do have a serious skilled PR machine.

The other factor is that China's on its way to becoming a true superpower, one day will rival the states, and therefore portrayed as threatening by the media. Whereas no one actually feels that threatened by Russia anymore, they're such a failed state it's a joke, their mafia=government connection is stronger even than in Thailand.

What you see is not IMO some strong prejudice against the Chinese as a people, but stereotyping over perceptions of their actual behaviour compared to western standards of politeness.

Toodles.

Sorry:

They may be from JiangSu, which is a poorer province of China.

I meant they are not from SuZhou, which is very educated, and there is a very big IT Industry up in SuZhou, which is worth seeing, because it may challenge anything the US has in a few years.

Am I racist?

NO.

In a word, NO

You are wrong here. China hosts the oylmpics and ppl bitch about tibet. There is a movie called 12 years in tibet where is the equivalent called 12 years in the crimea?

Do you know how long ago china took over tibet? It is a very long time ago. Yet they have the anti tibetian bridgade still around. Russia takes over any country. That is okay.

In the 50's? Is this a very long time ago?

Sent from my i-mobile IQ XA using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Get back after the chinese civil war i suppose. Short independence i guess i shouldn't have worded it like that.

I know that when I was staying in Bangkok a while back we went down for breakfast and were there before most others so I ordered my eggs and waited at the front of the line, next thing a group if chinese came into the dining area and as the cook was reaching to give me my eggs some chinese woman tried to snatch it from my hand & I knock her away her and told her to get in line. By the time I got to the hot food area it was all gone, the chinese had loaded their plates to the max and I mean max, it was slipping off them as they carried them back to their tables. The table I had already put our juice and coffee on was being taken over as well so I quickly told them to xxxx off and went ape xxxx at them, they got the idea and moved. The staff actually came and appologised to us and then went out to the kitchen and brought us back a couple of plates with bacon, fried rice, etc on it plus a jug of juice as the chinese had drained all that as well in a matter of minutes. Do we pick on them, no, but when they carry on like this I have no hesitation in having a go at them, I have never seen anything like this before or since but stragely enough my wife explained that the chinese are simply like this after she had been to china on a work trip. Mate, I treat everyone the same, they cross me I say what I think, their nice then so am I but it is easy to pick up who is bad and who is not, not all nationalities are the same but there are exceptions. On this subject you are definitely in the minority because a lot of people have seen the same thing I have.

Edited by metisdead
Profanity

some chinese woman tried to snatch it from my hand & I knock her away her and told her to get in line.

I quickly told them to <deleted> off and went ape shit at them, they got the idea and moved.

I have no hesitation in having a go at them,

Mate, I treat everyone the same, they cross me I say what I think

In those lines, you've just described behavior that would be considered absolutely barbaric in a large portion of the world.

So who's wrong-er? The Chinese folks for behaving according to their cultural norms? You, for behaving according to your cultural norms? Or the other people -probably in the same restaurant- who went on eating their breakfasts in peace, without kicking up a fuss because they have to share the world with other cultures- even if that meant they may have to wait another few minutes for their bacon?

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1

mate, where do you get this garbage, this is a thai forum, ie, we discuss Thailand, not Russia or China. Just for your info I dislike what China has done to Tibet as it is simply wrong but typical of China and its authoratarian way(remember the tanks in the square sh*t too) and I also think what Russia is doing stinks and I really hope someone grows some balls and fights back to stop their bullsh*t. Putin is a total dick and is probably worse then yl. I suggest you get your facts straight unless thois is all simply a troll on your part.

some chinese woman tried to snatch it from my hand & I knock her away her and told her to get in line.

I quickly told them to <deleted> off and went ape shit at them, they got the idea and moved.

I have no hesitation in having a go at them,

Mate, I treat everyone the same, they cross me I say what I think

In those lines, you've just described behavior that would be considered absolutely barbaric in a large portion of the world.

So who's wrong-er? The Chinese folks for behaving according to their cultural norms? You, for behaving according to your cultural norms? Or the other people -probably in the same restaurant- who went on eating their breakfasts in peace, without kicking up a fuss because they have to share the world with other cultures- even if that meant they may have to wait another few minutes for their bacon?

I am 60 and I dont take any shit, especially from people that are simply ignorant. Maybe you were never taught any manners but I was, you wait your turn, you dont push in, you do not snatch someone elses food, and you do not simply put other peoples drinks, belongings etc on the floor and take their seats/table. What I did was let them know they were wrong, just because you get away with it with wimps doesnt mean someone isnt going to stand up to you one day and that was the day. Everyone else was given the same as us, they also didnt get any food before the chinese cleared it all out and everytime more was brought back they took all that too so people had no choice but to accept what the staff gave them. There is no need to do what the chinese did, there was food enough for everyone but a group of around 20 people ate was was put out for twice that and kept taking every fill up. They actually ate everything that had been put out a few times, they simply pushed anyone else in their way aside to get at it. Maybe this is how you do things or like to behave in public but I simply stood my ground, I refuse to take other peoples shit especially when they expect you to just let them because of their nationality.

• Like 1

I used to like Chinese people.

But then I came to Thailand, and every Chinese person I meet is rude, loud, and inconsiderate. It's making me racist against them... I just remind myself I met a few nice Chinese in the UK.

Every time someone barges in front of me in a queue at a food court, I can guarantee it's going to be a Chinese. Or asking a sales assistant dozens of questions before suddenly walking off. Etc.

It's not just us, every Thai person I talk to about tourists and foreigners, they always name Chinese as the worst.

It's not their fault I guess, they are newly rich, and not used to travelling abroad. They've not acquired the self-awareness or learned how to behave overseas.

The Chinese government even agrees it is a problem, and is having to remind it's citizens to behave.

Good article in the economist about it: http://www.economist.com/blogs/analects/2013/11/chinese-tourists

Personally, I just learn a few Chinese swear words, so I can curse them out without any Thais knowing what i'm doing. :)

Edited by celso
  • Like 2

Am I racist?

NO.

In a word, NO

The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

Suzuki GSX-R1000 L3 182 hp in-line 4 Superbike

Just stating a fact, I assure you.

(It is a fact, however, that I find China much less appealing since the Red Commies took over. The Chinese culture and society and people have suffered TOO much. There is a lot wrong with the society now, and is a product of terrible governance and intentional destruction of the greatest thing about China, the family, and traditional Chinese values. What you see coming at you is a bunch of young kids who had 4 parents, and were the "only child". They had two parents, and they had 4 grandparents, to only one of them. No wonder they are so screwed up.)

Edited by CzarThustraThusSpake

I know that when I was staying in Bangkok a while back we went down for breakfast and were there before most others so I ordered my eggs and waited at the front of the line, next thing a group if chinese came into the dining area and as the cook was reaching to give me my eggs some chinese woman tried to snatch it from my hand & I knock her away her and told her to get in line. By the time I got to the hot food area it was all gone, the chinese had loaded their plates to the max and I mean max, it was slipping off them as they carried them back to their tables. The table I had already put our juice and coffee on was being taken over as well so I quickly told them to xxxx off and went ape xxxx at them, they got the idea and moved. The staff actually came and appologised to us and then went out to the kitchen and brought us back a couple of plates with bacon, fried rice, etc on it plus a jug of juice as the chinese had drained all that as well in a matter of minutes. Do we pick on them, no, but when they carry on like this I have no hesitation in having a go at them, I have never seen anything like this before or since but stragely enough my wife explained that the chinese are simply like this after she had been to china on a work trip. Mate, I treat everyone the same, they cross me I say what I think, their nice then so am I but it is easy to pick up who is bad and who is not, not all nationalities are the same but there are exceptions. On this subject you are definitely in the minority because a lot of people have seen the same thing I have.

Could you name me which hotel that was at?

I have stayed at a number of hotels and they had chinese tourists. Let's see emerald hotel located at ratchada is near the china embassy and it's a pretty famous and old hotel and also quite up market many china ppl stay there and no i didn't encounter what you did.

Let me try to recall. I was at one of the temples. The temple of the sleeping buddha i have forgotten the thai name. I saw one china tourist arguing with the shopkeeper.

Anyway i have not encountered what you did with those china tourists.