2014 Honda scooter prices

z9999

89 k thb for sh150i is superb! Normally it is 98 k.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I did a little research on the SH....and it looks nice and received excellent reviews. But I can't figure out why it costs more than a PCX. It appears to have the same engine, but less creature comforts! ???

89 k thb for sh150i is superb! Normally it is 98 k.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I did a little research on the SH....and it looks nice and received excellent reviews. But I can't figure out why it costs more than a PCX. It appears to have the same engine, but less creature comforts! ???

it has a different engine all i know plus it has more creature comforts.

it is expensive bc it has better components like rear disc breaks bigger tires and rims, better ergonomics for a farang etc. it is designed for Europe in mind not SEA.

They are all standard (ish) pricing and to be honest when I was looking around I never found too much of a difference. I chose a bigger garage when I bought mine because of the convenience of service etc,, I might have saved a few thousand baht if I shopped around but nothing major.

You don't say how big / tall you are but I am 5"10 and 100k and I would steer well away from the smaller scooters.

So, for the scooters you mention the PCX150 is by far the better deal. (I have one) It is a good size for a foreigner, has decent storage for a helmet etc and is very smooth and easy to ride.

The SH150 is not worth the extra money at all..

The Forza is the bigger brother of the PCX150 with a 300cc engine, more comfortable etc, etc. but of course a lot more money.

So, if money is no option buy the Forza, if not buy the PCX150.

If it is price that is the question and you just want a scooter for town and one that willnot cost a great deal and will give you good service without paying for the Badge that says Honda or the like... then check out Lifan. It might be Chinese made, but it is the largest maker of motorbikes in the world and easy to maintain and have repaired here in LOS. Sort of a copy of the Hondas anyway (engine especially). The prices are far lower and they are reliable. I have had one for 2 years and it has never once been to the garage to be fixed. Everything works. Okay so I had to tighten down a few of the add-ons (mirrors, etc) but they are put on here in Thai...

Just my suggestion if price is an issue. Besides for the prices they are coming in at... why not spend what you save on something more fun.

Just a question from a guy that does not know much about bikes. I see quite a few late model good looking bikes with low kms advertised at around the 20k mark. Is that an option if price is an issue?

Just asking and I hope this is not a thread <deleted>.

Just a question from a guy that does not know much about bikes. I see quite a few late model good looking bikes with low kms advertised at around the 20k mark. Is that an option if price is an issue?

Just asking and I hope this is not a thread <deleted>.

If it is farang owned, has good service documentation, and you think the 1st owner has broken it in correctly, then likely you could find a good buy 2nd hand.

IMO

your will get 3 to 4 thousand off paying cash

That is interesting, knowing that a motorcycle dealer is actually making money by selling it with installed payments... So paying cash they make less money and give discount... anybody else has the same experience?

The Honda Forza is 5 steps above all the other bikes you mention. If you plan and any long rides it is worth the money. I love the PCX and it gives you the best bang for you buck. I seriously considered it 2 years ago when the 150cc model came out, but I ended up buy the SYM GTS 300 Evo for 152,000 baht and am very glad I did as I love the bike. However, you cannot go wrong with a PCX in my opinion. Mityon owns almost all the bike shops in Pattaya, so it really does not matter where you want to buy it here--the price will be the same!

your will get 3 to 4 thousand off paying cash

That is interesting, knowing that a motorcycle dealer is actually making money by selling it with installed payments... So paying cash they make less money and give discount... anybody else has the same experience?

Sadly no.

They will perhaps give you a cheap helmet and a cheap jacket and that's it.

On another note; I bought my pcx 150 at the Bowin dealer in 2012 when the 150 just came out and I saved something like 5K baht compared to Pattaya prices. After 3-4 month the prices sort of leveled out when the peak demand was gone and most dealers had stock.

I am very happy with the 150, perfect for around town but lacks power out on the highway.

don't forget new pcx comes out any time now probably around 80k

While I was waiting at Mityon Thepprasit Rd for the PCX150 to be serviced I asked the girl's in the showroom when the new PCX would be here. 2 months was the answer.

Forgot to add:

Honda Forza 170,000 baht

ASIA City Motors...best price 12000 less than Mityon here in Pattaya.. Mr. Noi 081-458-7591

Tell Mr. Noi, Ron in Pattaya recommended you to quote a price.

Bought a Forza delivered to FairTex sports club, good deal...the saving bought a GIVI color matching COOLCASE with back rest...

post-27018-0-72442600-1393427831_thumb.j

Edited by rotorbreeze

PCX out of the sub 100k scooters, but Forza all the way for comfort and longer runs, Honda have the best build quality period

Lifan... well, you get what you pay for, there is a reason they are cheap, mite look the same but cheap all the same, with cheap inferior components

Sorry, Scooterboys and girls. Not wanting to destroy your dreams...

As an old biker, I can tell you that most scooters just contain a lot of plastic shit and are not worth buying them.

Why not buying a classic bike, that's' reliable? Our Yamaha 110 cc has 60 K on the clock, runs faster than most scooters do, never changed piston rings, or any other parts, excluding the clutch.

I freaking hate these ricecookers..If you do like them, please install some fancy lights underneath. biggrin.png

Edited by sirchai

Sorry, Scooterboys and girls. Not wanting to destroy your dreams...

As an old biker, I can tell you that most scooters just contain a lot of plastic shit and are not worth buying them.

Why not buying a classic bike, that's' reliable? Our Yamaha 110 cc has 60 K on the clock, runs faster than most scooters do, never changed piston rings, or any other parts, excluding the clutch.

I freaking hate these ricecookers..If you do like them, please install some fancy lights underneath. biggrin.png

Oh boy.. Oh please. There is one in each thread!