Export Fees When Taking In Luggage on a Plane

Hello! I'm going to be taking some jewellery and other accessories out of Thailand in my luggage on a plain. Probably 10kg-20kg worth, 1000-2000 pieces. I want to do it legitimately and declare to customs and pay any taxes/duties that are required.

How would I go about doing this and what sort of rate can I expect to pay? I understand that this would normally be calculated using invoices but what if a lot of pieces were just bought at local markets and obviously don't have a receipt.

Thanks for your help expats! Any information is appreciated.

What makes you think that there are any duties for outbound goods ?

You will face import duties of any country that you are going to. Your concern at this point should be the security of this stuff and in your checked luggage, which I would advise against

Upon departing Thailand you will only be subject to security checks and will not even see any customs positions, only Immigration to stamp you out of the country

Now if you are talking about trying to get the VAT back on your purchases that is a whole different story

Export report upon leaving Thailand is only required if you intend to sell the items. Only you know that.

By personal experience, I'm pretty sure the guys in customs can draw their own conclusions about intent to sell when the quantity of goods is considerably more than a reasonable person would use in a lifetime. 1000-2000 pieces of jewelry "for personal use" would probably trigger some suspicion, regardless of what the carrier claims. I certainly wouldn't want to be on the wrong end of that pissing contest. They hold pretty much all the cards.

That's not to say there is any export duty in Thailand, or any import duty to be paid on the other side. That, I do not know.

I'm well aware of the importing side into my destination country but yeah I'm just looking to know if I'll run into any problems when leaving Thailand. As Impulse said it's going to be pretty obvious the items are for sale and I intend on doing this several times so I want to be as transparent as possible with the Thai Customs officials.

Anyway I'm still looking for some information on if I need to do anything on my departure from Thailand and if I should expect to have pay some form of export fees etc.