EC is ready to hold tomorrow's election re-runs

Lite Beer

EC is ready to hold tomorrow's election re-runs

BANGKOK, 1 Mar 2014, (NNT) - The Election Commission (EC) has said it is ready to hold election re-runs in 5 southern provinces tomorrow.

Mr. Supachai Somchareon, President of the EC, dismissed concerns over possible violence against the polling by the opposition, but asked those opposing the election to refrain from obstructing the process. According to him, he will personally inspect the polling stations himself, adding that, if all goes well, the EC will also hold election re-runs in constituencies in Bangkok that could not conduct the polling last month.

Meanwhile, EC on Election Management, Somchai Srisuttiyakorn, stated during his inspection of the polling stations in Petchburi that all of the EC's units were ready for the Sunday's polls, adding that an additional election commissioner and security forces would be assigned to each constituency.

Somchai also said those obstructing the election would be punished to the full extent of law. He also educated officials about election regulations. The result of tomorrow's election would not be released until all of the constituencies finished their polling.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-03-01 footer_n.gif

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The tide has been moving in one direction, any notion that the Shins are just going to return to power are fantasy.. there are a number of motions that are being gone through,.the end result will be the one predicted 6 months ago.

Edited by Bkkbound
  • Like 1

Yep.... You won't face any more opposition to completing the elections, enough data has now been leaked to confirm that the elections will be voided by the constitutional court and fresh elections held of which the PTP and YL will no longer have caretaker power, and the Dems will absolutely walk into power.

Oh happy days.

The only way the Dems will "absolutely walk into power" is with the help of judges, the army and those who can't be named. They're never going to win an election because they don't have policies to help ordinary people.

Maybe they should offer one tablet for every school kid......the electorate was sucked in by that promise.....still to be fulfilled.......or a subsidised rice scheme could be a good idea....what do you think?

• Like 1

Yep.... You won't face any more opposition to completing the elections, enough data has now been leaked to confirm that the elections will be voided by the constitutional court and fresh elections held of which the PTP and YL will no longer have caretaker power, and the Dems will absolutely walk into power.

Oh happy days.

The only way the Dems will "absolutely walk into power" is with the help of judges, the army and those who can't be named. They're never going to win an election because they don't have policies to help ordinary people.

Policies are easy to dream up, you can make them up on the run, just ask PTP and the fugitive, only problem theirs were flawed from day one as has now been proven.
Dem has good policy? Why they lost elections for the last 20 years? Oh, I know, it must be vote buying again.

Send from my Mobile

• Like 2

Oh happy days.

Policies are easy to dream up, you can make them up on the run, just ask PTP and the fugitive, only problem theirs were flawed from day one as has now been proven.

You are taking this defeat hard.

• Like 1

In using Thai Visa I agree:

2) Not to express disrespect of the King of Thailand or anyone else in the Thai royal family, whether living or deceased, nor to criticize the monarchy as an institution. Speculation, comments and discussion of either a political or personal nature are not allowed when discussing HM The King or the Royal family. Discussion of the lese majeste law or lese majeste cases is permitted on the forum, providing no comment or speculation is made referencing the royal family. To breach this rule will result in immediate ban.

One post and a reply removed.

• Like 1

And what defeat is that?

I would assume it is the defeat(s) of the multiple attempts over the previous decade to overthrow elected governments, subvert the rule of law and end electoral democracy in Thailand by a self interested minority.

Kapeesh?

Nailed it in one mate. YS and the PTP are going nowhere soon. It will snow in Thailand before the Dems hold any sort of power again. The yellow farangs on TV should prep their travel plans and depart LOS pronto.xph34r.png.pagespeed.ic.GOH20nhrx_.png

Why should they leave? Because they have a different opinion to yours and some others on here who are easily swayed with propaganda?

What about all the Thais in the South, in Bangkok or in the red area who are able to see through PTP, should they emigrate too? Or are people not allowed to have opinions different from yours?

Seeing as Red Shirt supporters like to harass and threaten others who have different opinions to them, I guess you would love a Thaksin style dictatorship.

Edited by Hawkman
  • Like 2

And what defeat is that?

I would assume it is the defeat(s) of the multiple attempts over the previous decade to overthrow elected governments, subvert the rule of law and end electoral democracy in Thailand by a self interested minority.

Kapeesh?

Nailed it in one mate. YS and the PTP are going nowhere soon. It will snow in Thailand before the Dems hold any sort of power again. The yellow farangs on TV should prep their travel plans and depart LOS pronto.xph34r.png.pagespeed.ic.GOH20nhrx_.png

why are you leaving so soon ..

• Like 2

There are in addition to these elections, the elections that were uncompleted in Bangkok, as well as the eight missing provinces, that still do not have registered candidates.

Edited by Scamper

Oh happy days.

Dem has good policy? Why they lost elections for the last 20 years? Oh, I know, it must be vote buying again.

Send from my Mobile

They had sensible and affordable policies - that is why THEY are not in this predicament now.

Tell me, in whose shoes would you rather be in at the moment, Abhisit or beleaguered Yingluck? I know who out of the two is sleeping better at night and doesn't feel that the world is against them!!!!

• Like 2

Send from my Mobile

They had sensible and affordable policies - that is why THEY are not in this predicament now.

Tell me, in whose shoes would you rather be in at the moment, Abhisit or beleaguered Yingluck? I know who out of the two is sleeping better at night and doesn't feel that the world is against them!!!!

What sensible policies? They were not even elected to form a government for the last twenty years.

I don't know who sleep better, at least I know who is living in a 'victimized mentality world' and need treatments for suffering from Thaksinphobia.

Send from my Mobile

Who would I rather be? One is an irrelevant wash-up with murder charges hanging over their head and the other is the leader of the most powerful and popular political movement this country has ever seen and will continue to be so into the foreseeable future. Bit of a no brainer really.

Wrong answer!!! I gave you a one out of two chance of getting it right (even throwing in some substantial clues) and you still flunked itcheesy.gifcheesy.gif .

Send from my Mobile

Who would I rather be? One is an irrelevant wash-up with murder charges hanging over their head and the other is the leader of the most powerful and popular political movement this country has ever seen and will continue to be so into the foreseeable future. Bit of a no brainer really.

Wrong answer!!! I gave you a one out of two chance of getting it right (even throwing in some substantial clues) and you still flunked itcheesy.gifcheesy.gif .

In another thread.. Families of the deceased at Big C have pressed murder charges against her.

• Like 1

In another thread.. Families of the deceased at Big C have pressed murder charges against her.

No worry. The dem's pdrc/pcad are using children - Shame

post-198606-0-21244300-1393669830_thumb.

• Like 1