PM Yingluck Shinawatra vows to continue her duty until the new govt is formed

webfact

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One wishes that the ex-prime minister not keep quoting a constitution she doesn't understand. What the former members of her administration are trying to do is rewrite it. They are saying that Article 93 cancels out Article 127. So there. What they say about Article 108 or Article 7 is anyone's guess. But absence of referral is probably a big clue. Article 7 went into effect two days ago. You won't hear one Pheu Thai spokesman ever refer to Article 7. It cuts just too close to home. No matter, they have their own constitutional expert - Chalerm - to guide them through the cosmos in a journey that transcends time and space in their quest for a quorum. But clearly - in the real world - the Constitutional Court will make their ruling on this undoubtedly this month.

They most likely will hold off until the remaining district votes are concluded. The election is still in progress, and that activity trumps everything else.

• Like 1

I must ask - as i see many people wanting to see her leave her post etc - but does anyone believe things will be any way better under an un-elected council picked by the great Suthep?

I am certainty not a supporter of this regime - but are the opposition any better or worse....?

better the devil you know (than the devil you don't)

Decades of unelected dictators tends to have an adverse effect on the quality of political leadership.

But don't worry too much, ever since 2001 things have been on the way up.

Shins get elected but most are THROWN out of office---again follow the family history of bans-thrown out. it is a good indicator of their reason for office.

No. It's a good indication of one sides refusal to accept the will of the people.

B/S they must have been thrown out/banned for a reason, I know but I want you to tell me. They do wrong, and it's repeating it'self here NOW must be just coincidence.

NOTHING TO DO WITH THE WILL OF THE PEOPLE, they near all have been thrown out /banned WHY ??? is it in their genes ???

I must ask - as i see many people wanting to see her leave her post etc - but does anyone believe things will be any way better under an un-elected council picked by the great Suthep?

I am certainty not a supporter of this regime - but are the opposition any better or worse....?

It has got to be better the devil you DON'T know................... most posters think this way......... but it's this 1% of posters who do not want to see the light, and the fanatic RED core that intimidates the Issan electorate in many areas. In some rural areas--sure in others not, but it is the ones that are powered by the head man that tips the vote.

Edited by ginjag

Clearly she is the best premier the nation has ever had.

Just slightly edging out Thaksin for first place.

Way to go babe.

What an angel.

Keep it up.

Clearly a post that needs professional help. Agreeing is one thing letting your daft out another.

The P.M. is continuing to do her duty. LIKE what ??? refusing to appear on charges, resting in safe areas. If her popularity was so overpowering she should without fear be able to tour freely around. PROBLEM the PTP in governing have made more enemies than friends.

What does this "logic" say about Sutheps' popularity if he needs 80 odd popcorners to surround him 24/7?

Has she more enemies than friends - I'm sure an election could answer that question, could you please see if Abhisit has changed his diaper and is now ready to front up?

just because someone votes for her it doesnt mean there her friends brains..

So many wrote her off as a pushover. Very impressive. If she can salvage a peaceful, democratic solution out of this, she would be well worthy of consideration for the Nobel Peace Prize

Way to go babe.

What an angel.

Keep it up.

Clearly a post that needs professional help. Agreeing is one thing letting your daft out another.

The P.M. is continuing to do her duty. LIKE what ??? refusing to appear on charges, resting in safe areas. If her popularity was so overpowering she should without fear be able to tour freely around. PROBLEM the PTP in governing have made more enemies than friends.

I don't know why anyone bothers to reply to this member's posts.

Can't you see that it is 100% pure trolling, no reasonable person could ever come out with that and really mean it, even the buffalo up north wouldn't go that far.

The only way to get rid of a troll is never to reply to them.... ever, no matter how tempting it is.

They will soon go when they see they get no response from anyone.

Edited by PepperMe
  • Like 2

PM appeals to independent organizations to be fair

yingluck-3-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra today (Friday) appealed to all independent organizations to be fair and to do their jobs in an honest and straightforward manner.

She made the plea in response to a reporter’s question about the ombudsmen’s decision to ask the Constitution Court to rule whether the February 2 election was constitutional or not.

The prime minister insisted that the government had been very cooperative with the Election Commission in the staging of the election on February 2 and declined to comment on the ombudsmen’s move. However, she hopes all the independent organisations will be fair and do their jobs straightforwardly so that the country can move forward.

Regarding the private sector’s demand for the lifting of the Emergency Decree, Ms Yingluck said that the decision rests with the Centre for Maintaining Peace and Order. However, she appealed to the protesters to put an end to their protests, saying that the protests have already hurted the country’s economy.

She admitted that the government alone could not solve the current political conflict nor did she and protest leader Suthep Thaugsuban because the two of them could not make decision on behalf of the people throughout the country.

The caretaker prime minister went on saying that she had already stepped back to the extent that her back was against the wall but insisted that she had to stay on as caretaker prime minister to do her job and to protect democracy.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/pm-appeals-independent-organizations-fair/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-03-07

So many wrote her off as a pushover. Very impressive. If she can salvage a peaceful, democratic solution out of this, she would be well worthy of consideration for the Nobel Peace Prize

She can accept that prize from her new home in Dubai. No problem, Obama received it only because he was black and nothing more.

Then maybe YL can get it only because she's a woman. Sort of the like the oscars, pick a theme every year and give the awards according to that. The prize itself lost all credibility with Obama.

• Like 1

'Peerapan added that the legitimacy of the caretaker government would not be challenged if the Constitutional Court ruled the case with impartiality.'

Yet everything this government does is with 100% partiality, that is why they are in the shit to start with.

I know the courts are partial, but only on the side or right versus wrong... Which is exactly what they should be. All courts in every country rule towards what they deem is right.

Just because everything YL and PTP do has been wrong, then by default, the courts have to be impartial against their agenda.

Or what are they trying to say here? The courts can only rule to uphold evil???

In your dreams.

She can accept that prize from her new home in Dubai. No problem, Obama received it only because he was black and nothing more.

Then maybe YL can get it only because she's a woman. Sort of the like the oscars, pick a theme every year and give the awards according to that. The prize itself lost all credibility with Obama.

Perhaps Prbkk is not aware of how sophomoric and idiotic the Nobel Peace price has become.When they give this award based simply on the color of someone's skin color then that sets the tone. Prbkk needs to find another award for Thaksin's sock puppet since he is trying to make her someone that should be respected.

Way to go babe.

What an angel.

Keep it up.

What does this "logic" say about Sutheps' popularity if he needs 80 odd popcorners to surround him 24/7?

Has she more enemies than friends - I'm sure an election could answer that question, could you please see if Abhisit has changed his diaper and is now ready to front up?

Oh, wow. I honestly thought your original post was made tongue-in-cheek.

Regardless of the obstacles that her government has faced, I find it amazing that anyone can not consider her to be the worst PM in Thailand's history. She has failed in every one of her pre-election mandates (I'm pretty sure I'm right on that?) and also failed to improve the country in any other respect. Indeed, quite the opposite.

But, if one considers governmental performance to be irrelevant to a PM's performance, then I suppose one may think differently.

• Like 1

This is kinda up to the constatution court. She should obide by whatever they say.

Tell you what would be nice, is if they added a few paragraphs and clarifiers to the consitition so that CC didn't have to interpret it every day.

It does state to which country it belongs in there. Few that's good. Because it seems to be about as cryptic as a spy thriller to actually work out what anyone is supposed to do at anytime. I sometimes wonder if they let a bunch of kids write it for homework.

Way to go babe.

What an angel.

Keep it up.

I don't know why anyone bothers to reply to this member's posts.

Can't you see that it is 100% pure trolling, no reasonable person could ever come out with that and really mean it, even the buffalo up north wouldn't go that far.

The only way to get rid of a troll is never to reply to them.... ever, no matter how tempting it is.

They will soon go when they see they get no response from anyone.

You are so right, I thought of it before but got embattled with the man. He is on a conveyer belt with no stop button. complete waste of time.

What annoys me it his the likes of posts similar to this one of his that posters get banned, as some go over the top with replies.

Way to go babe.

What an angel.

Keep it up.

Sure she need to continue her duty, who else would be governing the country.

She can't tour freely around because the stupid, armed and violent whistle blowers are out there.

The first one to not appear on charges was Suthep, and after 3 months he still did not !

Problem to the whole situation is Suthep.

He's the one who seized government offices so the government could not do their job anymore

He's the one who boycotted the elections so there is no new government ready.

He's the one making a lot of enemies.

YES, He is a Hero....... thank God he is there..

Way to go babe.

What an angel.

Keep it up.

She is playing smart though, one has to give her brother that. Very frustrating for justice though, just the same as Suthep who has still not fronted court. Good for the goose and good for the gander one could say. Both will not receive impartial decisions IMO.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

what could be worse or more deadly, then the thaksin regime?

Nobel Purse Prize for dedication to shopping with other peoples money.

Way to go babe.

What an angel.

Keep it up.

Sure she need to continue her duty, who else would be governing the country.

She can't tour freely around because the stupid, armed and violent whistle blowers are out there.

The first one to not appear on charges was Suthep, and after 3 months he still did not !

Problem to the whole situation is Suthep.

He's the one who seized government offices so the government could not do their job anymore

He's the one who boycotted the elections so there is no new government ready.

He's the one making a lot of enemies.

+ 100 points

what could be worse or more deadly, then the thaksin regime?
Suthep and his gang running the show. Out go the farangs, ignore the rest of the country apart from Bangkok and the south. Goal for thousands of red shirts no matter involvement or freedom of speech and a fascist dictatorship. I don't think we are to popular here on TV...

• Like 1

Way to go babe.

What an angel.

Keep it up.

She is playing smart though, one has to give her brother that. Very frustrating for justice though, just the same as Suthep who has still not fronted court. Good for the goose and good for the gander one could say. Both will not receive impartial decisions IMO.

But he's not the PM regardless-she is, and she is totally out of excuses for her incompetence, running away, no diligence, total lack of doing the work delegated to her in which she accepted. She has never performed the duties of a PM, nor is she doing it now, nor will she. It is very clear to observe.

She can't shake the man yet, he's still camping out. She's lucky the opposition isn't a crisis situation like Abhisit had to deal with; 37 buildings burned down etc. This woman would certainly go abroad if the going were tougher.

Edited by gemini81
  • Like 1

Way to go babe.

What an angel.

Keep it up.

clap2.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

You can't half tell'em MoR! And they say Vaudeville is dead!

You are so funny, I mean nobody really believes she's ever made one single decision................................. do they ?? facepalm.gif

• Like 1