Told to get off Minibus,twice !

drx13

They asked you twice before beating you with a stick?

How did you finally get out of the seatbelt?

You was trying to undo your belt as you were getting off but they told you to get off?

Why did you not get off where you wanted to get off?

They drove on, how far away did they drive you before you decided to get off and congratulate the driver?

drx13, you need to change the company you use. I use the Bkk (Mor Chit) - Rayong minibus service about 50 times (there and back) a year and have not once seen the driver not wearing his seatbelt. Most times, not all, the driver will tell the passengers the seat belt is there and if you are sitting in the front seat, it is compulsory for that/those passengers to wear the belt.

Over the last 7 years the only person I have seen thrown off the transport was a drunken Thai that was trying to molest a woman.

If the OP is true, you need to look around to get a better service. What was the name of the minibus operator?

• Like 2

drx13, as neverdie commented ... there has to be a reason why the driver told you to get off.

Are you too fat ?

Were you just wearing a singlet ?

Were you smelly of sweat ?

Did you stuff around with the seat belt ?

You were told to get off the bus because of something .....

you figure it out and let us know ..wai2.gif

Edited by steven100

I use, and have used these buses, since their inception, plying most weeks to The Navy Hospital and back.

So my attempted ejection was perhaps exceptional, as I'm sure that I have not changed my aspect or demeanour

to any significant degree.

Edited by drx13

When doing visa runs, sometimes there is "THIS" Farang who simply does not understand why he might get booted from the minibus. Body smell, strongly intoxcicated, non stop complaining, spilling his beer all over the bus etc.

Of course THIS farang feels like a victim...wants his money back yadi yadi yaaa....yeah I had a very annoying experience yesterday while making my visa run. biggrin.png

I have never seen anyone being asked to leave the minibis without a real reason... especially TWICE!

Edited by Chriso12

I use, and have used these buses, since their inception, plying most weeks to The Navy Hospital and back.

So my attempted ejection was perhaps exceptional, as I'm sure that I have not changed my aspect or demeanour

Why not take a big bus. They don't have seat belts so no problem. The big buses do that route every 10 minutes or so I think. Or a song Tau if you like the open air with no seat belts.

A (Muslim) minibus driver, obviously high on Yabah accused me of getting drunk as I decided to drink a can of beer before it got warm. That so an so nearly killed us in my point of view and was completely insane. Last minibus drive for me, I'd rather walk.

• Like 1

Before I get in i ask if they have seatbelts. they say yes and thus are notified i will use one. i have either cut industrial grade plastic ties or removed the clasp by taking the headrest off momentarily. i guess the thought of paying my fare overrides their time to re-disable the belt. ive had replies like "u dont need it because we pay the police" often police don't use the chin strap on their motorcycle helmet but have seen a few farangs also with no chin strap.

thai passengers take notice of me using the seat belt. on occasion i tell them (thai) us extra-terrestrials use seat belts. problem is most cannot understand sarcastic humor.

In the past ten years I have never seen a person put on a seat belt in a van (I ride a van 20 times a month). Has anyone else seen this amazing act? One doesn't wear them in a taxi or song tau why would one wear them in a van? Back seats of course.

Edited by thailiketoo

I was told my van was "no longer going to my destination", after I did not sit where the van "assistant" told me to sit. I wanted to sit on the single seat closest to the sliding door. The van was about half full, and I can easily move out of the way of exiting or entering passengers.

Even if you speak Thai, sarcasm rarely works. Point out 1 or 2 hard facts about the benefits of seat belt wearing while commending the driver on his driving skills. Then politely ask to use the seat belt while emphasizing that it's not his fault.

Why is Thai Culture 101 so difficult for some people?

True. I tell them it is cheaper and hurts a lot less wearing a seatbelt then going to the hospital. They seem to agree but still dont use the belt.

not too long ago a guy well crashed his new Lamborghini and walked away crediting it to his lucky pendants. no credit given to the cars safety design and multiple airbags.

• Like 1

Well, you certainly weren't ejected for illiteracy.biggrin.png

Gee someone comes on here to tell you of his experience and he gets a worst experience on here than the actually story he was trying to tell.

What do you want, a group cuddle? Seriously, they say lightning doesn't strike twice, so whys this guy getting kicked off a city mini bus. These guys don't give a damn about who's in the bus, they just like it full as fast as possible and a quick circuit. There has to be something wrong for them to take the time to stop and kick him off.

If he's not fat, sweaty, smelly, farting, snoring or taking up too much room or being unruly, then what is it! driver doesn't like his face? Aliens? There's got to be a reason.

All the best to him, maybe he needs to keep an eye out for this particular driver and not get in his van. There's normally. multiple vans on every route.

The OP's story is entirely believable.

Sent from my Lenovo S820_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I told a song tau driver I refused to board his song tau till he got seat belts, airbags and washed at least the passenger area. Oh I don't want to tell you all what he did! It was so disgusting.