M79 grenades explode at community near Constitutional Court Judge Jaral's house

webfact

M79 grenades explode at community near Constitutional Court Judge Jaral's house

BANGKOK: -- Three explosions were heard at a Bangkok community near the house of Constitutional Court Judge Jaral Phakdeethanakul late Thursday night and a man was seriously injured.

Police believe the bombs were grenades fired from M79 launcher, aiming at Jaral's house.

Although local residents heard three explosions, only two spots of explosions were found on Extended Soi 3 and Extended Soi 4 of the Nualjit Community on Soi Ekkamai 30.

Boonchuay Samrit, 43, who was sleeping was seriously injured when a grenade fell through the roof and exploded near his bed at 11:30 pm. He was rushed to the Phetchawet Hospital.

Another grenade fell through the roof of the house of Phanomprai Panyasai, 49, to the first floor. No one was injured.

Jaral's house was about 200 metres away from the explosion spots.

A witness told police he saw fireballs flowing from the mouth of Soi Ekkamai 30 before the three explosions were heard.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-03-21

Clearly these independant agency leaders and court judges need to have their own security forces. The ruling partues are getting more desperate and more daring in light of the probability that they simply can not win against all if their illegal actions that have come to light. More intimidation and possible bribery are sure to become daily occurances as deadlines near and judgements are finalising.

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

This are normal intimidation practices....keep making the wrong decisions for the reds....and they'll keep this up.

Eventually, these judges will probably quit as threats, and possibly harm or death, to them and their families continue......

One would expect in any normal society, that the security forces would go all out to stop this action immediately....but they won't......it's a sad state for the country

This is in fact the end result of bad education standards ,police are non thinkers trying to think, chaos, indecision, inaction is the result

• Like 1

M79 grenades fired at Constitutional Court judge’s house but missed

m79-ekamai-1-wpcf_728x413.jpg
m79-ekamai-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Three M79 grenades were fired at the house of Constitutional Court judge Charun Pakdithanakul shortly before midnight Thursday but all missed. Two grenades landed at the houses of two residents 100 meters apart on Ekamai Soi 30 and exploded, injuring one owner inside seriously.

Another grenade could not yet be located.

Residents at Nualjit densely-populated community where the two houses located told Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) police last night that they heard three thunderous explosions at about 11.30 p.m. Thursday night.

One grenade landed on the roof of a Honda Ekamai Service Centre’s employee Boonchuay Pimsamrit and exploded. He was seriously injured as he was sleeping on the bed where the grenade landed.
He was rushed to Phetcharavej hospital for treatment.

The second grenade landed on the floor of the two-storey wooden house of Panomprai Panyasai, 49. He was not injured as he slept on the second floor. But grenade shrapnel was found on his bed.
His house is about 100 metres from the first house. The roof of his house was torn up and damaged.
Both houses located about 200 metres from the house of the court judge Mr Charun Pakdithanakul.

Pol Col Suphot Phromsiri, commander of the Fifth Division of the Metropolitan Police Bureau, said residents in the community heard three explosions but the police could locate only two explosion scenes, while another scene was under probe by EOD police.

The 9-member panel of the Constitutional Court is scheduled to deliver its ruling on the validity of the February 2 general election today.

The Office of the Ombudsman petitioned the Constitutional Court seeking its ruling on the validity of the general election with reason that it was not held simultaneously nationwide.

But the ruling Pheu Thai party insisted on its validity and constitutionality, and even called on the Election Commission to hold election in the remaining constituencies. But the EC said it has no power to issue new decree to hold election, reasoning it is the power of the government.

As conflict on who has power, the ombudsman then petitioned the Constitutional Court and seek its order to nullify the February 2 election.

The Constitutional Court called hearing from three parties, Ombudsman, Pheu Thai, and EC, on Monday and set today to hand down the ruling which is crucial to the continuation of the care taker role of caretaker government.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/m79-grenades-fired-constitutional-court-judges-house-missed/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-03-21

This are normal intimidation practices....keep making the wrong decisions for the reds....and they'll keep this up.

Eventually, these judges will probably quit as threats, and possibly harm or death, to them and their families continue......

One would expect in any normal society, that the security forces would go all out to stop this action immediately....but they won't......it's a sad state for the country.

They won't quit!!!

They will simply be even more determined to hammer Yingluck and her cohorts with everything they've got.

Think about it, they have the power to do it and it is her thugs that are intimidating the judges - hit them where it hurts!!!!

One would expect in any normal society, that the security forces would go all out to stop this action immediately....but they won't......it's a sad state for the country.

The daily death threats to Akeyuth's lawyer is why he quit as well.

He knew the truth and the regime simply didn't want it told.

One would have to conclude that the most likely explanation for this attack is intimidation. But as the Police are never going to catch anyone, contrary claims will of course be made.

It's obviously another false flag attempt. More than likely the Judge fired the grenades at his own house and missed. Probably had no military training. We all know that people that don't like the legal system are all pacificsts and non-violent so it couldn't be anyone else.

• Like 2

They won't quit!!!

They will simply be even more determined to hammer Yingluck and her cohorts with everything they've got.

Think about it, they have the power to do it and it is her thugs that are intimidating the judges - hit them where it hurts!!!!

I don't believe that the Constitution Court judiciary are corrupted...just my opinion.

I also don't believe that they are biased...maybe I'm looking at them with rose coloured glasses, but again...just my opinion.

One would have to conclude that the most likely explanation for this attack is intimidation. But as the Police are never going to catch anyone, contrary claims will of course be made.

It was Suthep...he is a facist you know....thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

They won't quit!!!

I don't believe that the Constitution Court judiciary are corrupted...just my opinion.

I also don't believe that they are biased...maybe I'm looking at them with rose coloured glasses, but again...just my opinion.

They are not corrupted or biased and will do the right thing when the time comes!!! If Yingluck hasn't done the things she has been accused of then she needn't worry - she will be given fair treatment and the judicial process will ensure that she receives a fair trial based on the facts!!

Bombs Target Judge's Residence Before Key Ruling
By Khaosod English

13953756151395375683l.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Two explosive devices appeared to have narrowly missed the residence of a Constitutional Court judge hours before the court is scheduled to deliver a key verdict.

Police in Bangkok's Klong Tan area received reports about the blasts at around 23.20 last night and proceeded to inspect the crime scene at Soi Ekkamai 30, where two houses were damaged by the explosions.

The residence of Mr. Jaran Pukdithanakul, a member of the Constitutional Court judges, locates only 200 metres away from the blast sites.

The first explosion is said to have injured a 43-years old resident who was reportedly sleeping in his house when the unidentified explosive device hit the residence's roof. Another device fell on a nearby house, but no injury was reported.

Mr. Panomprai Panyasai, the owner of the house, said he dismissed the sound of the first explosion as firework, but shortly afterwards he heard a loud explosion on the roof of his residence. Mr. Panomprai insisted that he has no history of personal conflicts with anyone, and that he never joined any political demonstration.

Police suspect that the devices might have been intended to target the resident of Mr. Jaran, but stressed that further investigation is needed. Nevertheless, additional police officers have been dispatched to guard the vicinity of Mr. Jaran's residence.

The suspected attack came prior to a much anticipated ruling by the Constitutional Court, which might nullify the general election of 2 February.

Source: http://en.khaosod.co.th/detail.php?newsid=1395375615&section=11&typecate=06

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2014-03-21

This is absolutely unconscionable. On the eve of a key and historic Constitutional Court ruling, a judge's home was targeted with bomb attacks and a man seriously injured. Chalerm should get before the cameras and look down in shame. The highest court in the land is being targeted with bomb attacks, while he and his associates spend all their time trying to clamp down on a peaceful protest at Lumpini Park - which has been deemed constitutional by no less than three courts in the land. It is an absolute outrage that CAPO - with all their resources - cannot see fit to secure security to the courts and to judges. The Administrative Court before issued a request for the protection for judges. What happened to that ? Is that worthy of CAPO's attention ? Is this ? What kind of organization is CAPO - that all they do is conduct press conferences, and tell everyone that they are fully in control, when the judicial system is verbally under attack from Pheu Thai and the UDD and is physically under attack late at night ? Is it not the sworn duty of CAPO to defend judges - to uphold the rule of law ? Where are the reporters at these press conferences - the ones that crowd around Chalerm ? When are they going to press this man for answers, for accountability, for demanding why he isn't doing anything to ease the anxieties of judges - who now can't even sleep in peace without fear ? It is a national outrage.

• Like 1

How can the RTP conclude that the grenades were MEANT to be fired at the judge's house? 200 metres is a long way away. Does one just aim the launcher up into the sky and fire, hoping that the grenade will land at it's intended target?

I am from the UK and any attacks like we have witnessed over the past months if happened there, the PM would be out and on TV within the hour condemning them, each and every one.

If they were the PM's supporters doing the attacks, the PM would be out even quicker to condemn.

The PM of Thailand has only come out once to condemn this, and it took her days to come out and with extreme reluctance, and only pressured to do so after her UDD militia and her ministers were recorded on stage celebrating the death of kids.

Yet every action that has been relatively peaceful blockades of official buildings where nobody is being slaughtered and no grenades are being used, and the whole government comes out in condemnation almost every day.

The PM is already under scrutiny by the NACC for failing to control or condemn the actions of the perpetrators of these acts, and is claiming 'victimization'. Where in fact the NACC quite accurately points out that failure to condemn means you support them.

Yingluck you are just feeding the NACC with ammunition to use against you, and you have no right to cry out against it. They are 100% right.... you really do show all the signs of supporting these acts. By that, you should not only be impeached, but also jailed for a very long time.

You are essentially being looked at as the leader of these terrorist groups.

You have the power to stop them, yet you sit back and enjoy them.... This makes you as bad as your brother. In my opinion.

I don't like comparing the UK with Thailand, because the UK is 'normal' and Thailand have constantly shown they are 'abnormal'.

Told the wife this morning that I am a heartbeat away from dumping this place for a better country... She can come with me or stay here. Up to her.

Your wife must be feeling very loved by you, lucky girl.

• Like 1

Grenades explode near Constitution Court judge’s home; 1 injured
By English News

13953741662399.jpg

BANGKOK, March 21 – Genades were thrown at two houses and an area near the residence of a charter court judge late last night, seriously injuring one man, police said.

Two houses in a congested community on Ekamai Soi 30 were damaged by the explosions. The first grenade was hurled over the roof of a house into a bedroom, injuring Boonchuay Pimsamrit, 42.

The second explosive object was thrown into an adjacent house but no one was inside.

Police said Ekamai 30 is connected to Soi Pridi Panomyong 45 some 200 metres away where the residence of Constitutional Court judge Charan Dithanakul is located.

Police would not say if the explosions were an attempt to intimidate Judge Charan.

The Constitutional Court is scheduled to give its ruling on the validity of the Feb 2 general election today following a petition by a university academic, seeking to nullify the nationwide poll.

Each charter judge will verbally give his individual statement on the case, to be followed by a verdict tentatively later in the day.

Security was beefed up at the Constitutional Court today. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-03-21

How can the RTP conclude that the grenades were MEANT to be fired at the judge's house? 200 metres is a long way away. Does one just aim the launcher up into the sky and fire, hoping that the grenade will land at it's intended target?

basically yes but you also have to point it in the right direction, thew angle you raise it gives it the distance it travels, doesnt take all that much to be out if you dont know what you are doing or after a few drinks. Sounds like all the other red attacks so far, how many have landed where they are supposed to.

• Like 1

Pretty much, yeah. Unless you've had training and practice. I carried an M79 in Vietnam. It's really a small artillary piece that lobs the shell in an arc. Still, 200 meters is a long way & I wouldn't assume 100% that the judge was the target. PS, there wouldn't be "fireballs" upon launch, just a flash when fired. A fireball would be more consistent with an RPG.

--S

• Like 1

I am from the UK and any attacks like we have witnessed over the past months if happened there, the PM would be out and on TV within the hour condemning them, each and every one.

If they were the PM's supporters doing the attacks, the PM would be out even quicker to condemn.

The PM of Thailand has only come out once to condemn this, and it took her days to come out and with extreme reluctance, and only pressured to do so after her UDD militia and her ministers were recorded on stage celebrating the death of kids.

Yet every action that has been relatively peaceful blockades of official buildings where nobody is being slaughtered and no grenades are being used, and the whole government comes out in condemnation almost every day.

The PM is already under scrutiny by the NACC for failing to control or condemn the actions of the perpetrators of these acts, and is claiming 'victimization'. Where in fact the NACC quite accurately points out that failure to condemn means you support them.

Yingluck you are just feeding the NACC with ammunition to use against you, and you have no right to cry out against it. They are 100% right.... you really do show all the signs of supporting these acts. By that, you should not only be impeached, but also jailed for a very long time.

You are essentially being looked at as the leader of these terrorist groups.

You have the power to stop them, yet you sit back and enjoy them.... This makes you as bad as your brother. In my opinion.

I don't like comparing the UK with Thailand, because the UK is 'normal' and Thailand have constantly shown they are 'abnormal'.

Told the wife this morning that I am a heartbeat away from dumping this place for a better country... She can come with me or stay here. Up to her.

That's nice, I'm glad you gave you're wife the option of leaving her home country, Just so you can feel safe! She must be so happy that you show your love for her in such a way!

Let me guess, you probably couldn't take her back to the UK with you, even if you wanted to, for obvious reasons!

Why did you marry her? can it be love?

• Like 2

Erawan Center: Explosion at Ekkamai Road injures one

BANGKOK, 21 March 2014 (NNT) – The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA)'s Erawan Emergency Medical Service Center has reported that one person has been injured in an explosion taking place in the Ekkamai 30 community.

According to the Erawan Center, an M79 grenade was launched into a community in Soi Ekkamai 30 on Thursday night, injuring a 42-year-old man, who was right away taken to a hospital nearby.

It is believed that the actual target was the house of Constitutional Court Judge Jaral Phakdeethanakul, but the attacker missed the house and the grenade instead landed on the house of the 42-year-old victim, who was asleep at the time. The house of Judge Jaral is reportedly 200 meters away from the blast site.

The Erawan Center also disclosed that since clashes broke out in front of Ramkhamhaeng University on 30 November 2013, the political unrest has claimed 20 lives and injured 750 people; 5 of those injuries are still hospitalized.

The number of injuries however excludes the one from the Ekkamai explosion, as it has yet to be proven that the attack was politically-motivated.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-03-21 footer_n.gif

It was Suthep...he is a facist you know....thumbsup.gif

. . . and a thug apparently . . .

• Like 1

I think its true that the English word 'fair' has no thai equivalent as in a 'mutual agreement'. The eye for an eye, black and white thinking behind these incidents, is really not interested in any kind of fairness, or consensus outcome. Not even I win - you lose. Its fast becoming- I'm right - you're dead.