Thai Constitutional Court voids February election

webfact

Was there any doubt? The election was a failure. The protestors did their job and stopped the election while the police did nothing at all. Government will blame the EC for this but the fact is the police failed miserably in their jobs to protect the polling stations.

What would have happened if the police weren't biased in favour of the government? I shudder to think.

• Like 1

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

reds have won every single election, every time stronger

You speak about the Premier Ligue? What team do you mean?

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

What a circus! The ultimate aim is for Thailand to have a democracy Thai style which is one that the amataya or Bangkok/Army Elite are comfortable with.....

< yawn >

Can we move on from "amart" and "elite" . . . your boss and his cronies are just as much "elite" as anyone else involved in this . . .

I don't know where you think I work, but I have no boss in Thailand, and I think my boss as little or no knowledge of Thai politics. As for my opinion, it is formed over knowing and understanding Thai people of every level from farmers/garbage collectors/cooks/drivers/business men/secretaries/government officials and politicians. There are a huge number of non-Bangkok citizens that feel completely disenfranchised by the ongoing judicial politics. No matter what you say or feel, the heart of Bangkok is not the heart of Thailand, and that is where these people are coming from. Thai politics will continue "Thai Style" and the unspoken influence is a swaying factor that all Thai's consider. The problem is when the masses are disenfranchised I personally worry about Thailand working towards something of the natural of Cambodia in the 1970's, and that we do not want to see. Where is their voice? If it can't be at the poles, where can it be?

What about respect for the law, you didn't mention that.

• Like 2

Just heard on TV the election the Govt wants to rerun in May

Thailand doesn't have a government, it has a caretaker government whose tenure expired when the house was dissolved in December.

Calling a new election date should actually be the job of the EC, and not dictated by one of the election contestants, surely? And I mean that, regardless of which 'side' might want to dictate that.

• Like 1

ok, there would be the next one, with the same effect - reds will win the majority, democrats will be losing support (that even if they contest an election).

dems wanted a new parliament, PM dissolved the house, dems boycotted the election. The reds won, election invalidated by yellow's palls from the court, dems call for boycott of the next poll.

the country is going down the drain, not the government, but courts, agencies and fascist mob on the streets running amok, destroying what is left from the reasonable economic, political and social stability.

Do I really have to say this again in all the threads before you realize the actual true situation?

The Dems could have easily won the elections.

PTP only got 8 million out of 40 million votes. Where do you think the other votes would have went if the Dems were running?

That was as of Feb 2nd. A lot has changed since then and the PTP have lost even more popularity. None of their schemes have paid off for their 2011 voters. They have had ministers on stage supporting secession and celebrating the death of children... That has sickened even their hardcore voters.

The PTP if new elections were running tomorrow would be lucky to get 6 million votes.

Why do idiots keep coming out with the same old BS that PTP will win every time and the Dems can't win an election. That is rubbish. It is not the same as it was in 2011.

PTP have let down their voters big time on all fronts. Farmers killing themselves over debts and non payment for their rice. No end in sight.

The kids didn't get their tablets.

The first time car buyer scheme runs out of money halfway through payments (where did that money go?)

The minimum pay for holders of bachelor's degrees, that was suddenly changed after the election victory to only cover government workers and 3 years on and even those government workers are still waiting.

PTP and Thaksin who used to be loved where I live in the northeast are now hated by the majority and people round here really wanted the Dems to run.

The Dems have even come out and said they won't contest the new election unless the election system is overhauled to make it fair, and Yingluck stands down... They Know they would win it hands down this time. But are making an ultimate sacrifice of assured victory once again for the good of the nation and democracy.

So you lot who keep calling the Dems 'unelectable' need to get your head out of the past and catch up to the rest of us, because we are living in 2014 and things are massively different to 2011.

Please try to move into the present, you can start by opening your eyes and removing your red sunglasses.

The Dems have even come out and said they won't contest the new election unless the election system is overhauled to make it fair, and Yingluck stands down... They Know they would win it hands down this time. But are making an ultimate sacrifice of assured victory once again for the good of the nation and democracy

I'm not normally one for using smileys but ............cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Yes, that is because you don't have the position to argue against what you know is the logical truth. That is why you just come up with this stupid and helpless reply.

You just conceded the argument.

• Like 2

ok, there would be the next one, with the same effect - reds will win the majority, democrats will be losing support (that even if they contest an election).

dems wanted a new parliament, PM dissolved the house, dems boycotted the election. The reds won, election invalidated by yellow's palls from the court, dems call for boycott of the next poll.

the country is going down the drain, not the government, but courts, agencies and fascist mob on the streets running amok, destroying what is left from the reasonable economic, political and social stability.

Do I really have to say this again in all the threads before you realize the actual true situation?

......says the guy with just 12 posts to his credit. What are your other aliases?

Another post that is typical of not being able to argue against the facts laid out in my post.

It is great to get these replies, they can't win the argument, they are weak in debate.

It is so easy for me to win when I actually have all the facts to back up my posts.

Come on... counter-debate me..... If you can.

Everyone can clearly see my post score, they don't need YOU to point it out, and it's off topic as well.... Einstein.

• Like 2

Would be interesting to know what grounds for voiding the elections.

Contempt for the democratic wishes of the Thai people.

20mln citisens voted in this election. The court invalidated their political choice. The court is in the pockets of the ruling class

A whole can of worms have been opened here. This has given carte blanche to anyone who does not want elections to be held in Thailand. The only way to then stop the protestors is to bring in the RTA or RTP which will then result in violence and bloodshed.

If this ever happens in the future, all will remember that this is PDRC'S legacy to Thailand.

Long live the King.

It's not just the PDRC that is responsible for this.

• Like 2

I'm having a "not the sharpest tool in the toolbox" moment here fellas, but does this mean that the caretaker Government remains in power until a new election is called for, and completed and that Yingluck will stay put?

It will remain until the courts can find a way to get rid of it. It might be enough for the judges to meat, as the actuall law seems to have very little sway on the rulings...

Part 1 of the big plan was finalized yesterday when getting rid of the senate speaker. This means "they" can get a anti-goverment friendly speaker and no breaks on what happens.

But "they" are in a hurry. There is still a 3:5 majority needed to get rid of the caretaker government. There is a new senate election coming, at that will make it harder to reach that majority. They have less then a week to do this, because thai law says that senators can only sit one time, so any bans will be meaningless when the new senate opens.

Anyway, this ruling is bloody stupid. It caters to one sides wants. It opens a loophole for violating elections from now to forever.

Right now we have a caretaker government that have no interest in remaining caretaker. They need to be a real government, so they need the election.

Now imagine an Abhisit caretaker government. With the courts and various "independent" organizations on their side. There would be laws passed that no caretaker government should be able to, but courts will not oppose. This government would have no interest in losing their caretaker status. Because that would mean an election where they might lose the government position all together. Then you would have a caretaker government with not interest in elections and they could use this mechanism that the CC opened today to remain in office forever.

Welcome to a system where the courts where given too much power. Its definitly not a democracy.

"Now imagine an Abhisit caretaker government. "

Yet, they didn't do any of what you mention when they were a care-taker government.

What a circus! The ultimate aim is for Thailand to have a democracy Thai style which is one that the amataya or Bangkok/Army Elite are comfortable with.....

< yawn >

Can we move on from "amart" and "elite" . . . your boss and his cronies are just as much "elite" as anyone else involved in this . . .

The real ammart consider Thaksin and his bunch to be country bumpkins. They don't understand why you would pay to go to public school.

Actually at the moment they try to get rid of the Shinawatra Amataya....

• Like 1

When the institutions of the state set themselves against the will of the people, there's only ever going to be one outcome. History shows that pitchforks beat bayonets every time.

Of course it could just be that the constitutional court looked at the rules and saw that they hadn't been abided by. That's maybe unfair on the l ast government and those who voted for them as it wasn't their fault the elections were disrupted. Unfortunately the courts can't ignore the rules just because it doesn't seem fair. Those rules simply weren't designed to deal with a situation like this. The rules are there and they either need to be changed or a way found to hold the elections again.

• Like 2

When the institutions of the state set themselves against the will of the people, there's only ever going to be one outcome. History shows that pitchforks beat bayonets every time.

Of course it could just be that the constitutional court looked at the rules and saw that they hadn't been abided by. That's maybe unfair on the last government and those who voted for them as it wasn't their fault the elections were disrupted. Unfortunately the courts can't ignore the rules just because it doesn't seem fair. Those rules simply weren't designed to deal with a situation like this. The rules are there and they either need to be changed or a way found to hold the elections again.

< yawn >

Can one of the paranoid reds or their trolls please advise those of us who want to know, who or what are the Amart/amataya or whatever this Bangkok Elite is, you keep banging on about?. None of those vague Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter conspiracy theories or acronyms. Give us names please. Some of us poor confused non-believers (in conspiracy theories) want to know. Why are you so reluctant to name names? And I am sure that there are many people you are thinking of, other than "they who cannot be named for TVF and other legal reasons", So, let's have the names. Be brave now. I have said please several times.

While you are at it, you can also please define the major differences that upset you so much, between the Bangkok Elites (who-ever they are) and the Chiangmai elites (The Shinawatra clan & their cronies) There! I know who the Chiangmai elites are. There is no secret there.

P.S. If there are no names, then you are just repeating rumours & that is not only stupid, but it can also get you banned from TVF.

Even a private message would be helpful so I can at least see you are not just repeating Chinese Whispers.

Replace the word amart with the word hiso, and you realise how disingenuous your statement is. There are hundreds of books on the amart.

Do you have a concise list of who are the "upper crust" of the UK?

The chiangmai elite, is not elite by Bangkok standards and never will be. Did you know.there was another PM from Chiangmai before Thaksin. He was extremely short lived. Rumor has it that the Shinawatras were intimately connected business wise with that family.

That might go a long way to explaining the lack of respect accorded thaksin in Bangkok and his zeal in trying to eradicate drugs.

Edited by Thai at Heart
  • Like 1

Ah the usual everybody else is wrong except Puea Thai excuse once again.

We are so misunderstood.

Never mind that what we did may have been wrong.

Never mind that we may have broken laws and the rules of parliament that put us here.

EVERYBODY ELSE is wrong.

Well boo hoo hoo.

In considering the "will of the people" you should probably take a look at the poll results - including the no shows, no votes and informal votes. You might learn something.