Abhisit and Suthep face another murder charge from Wat Prathum case

webfact

Nothing will be found against them , simply because the courts are sympathetic with the Ammart ( Hi-so class)

Right nothing will be found against him, but your reasoning as to why that is is seriously flawed by your erroneous political passions.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The charges are nothing but political propaganda spewed by a failed government desperately seeking to stay in power and avoid the chopping block of their past actions while in power.

The power of the government should not be used to suppress it's political opponents, but that's all we've seen from them for the last several months. Murder charges... where was Tarit two and a half years ago with these charges?

It's a comical reality of this government. "Lie, hide and always deny"

Edited by Local Drunk

So whats next murder charge's against Yingluck because the airforce waited to long before reporting to Malaysia about the missing plane

These charges of Murder would be thrown out of court in the first hearing in any western country

But Thailand loves to play games and holds court hearing like my daughter has tea parties

Guess it proves they have a reason for being

Rubbish, they wouldn't throw the charges out of court. Either these soldiers were acting under orders or they weren't.

attachicon.gifsnipers-on-skytrain-2010.jpg

The footage is there, the witnesses are there, we know it was army snipers, and the court has ruled (back in June 2013) that Suthep and Abhisit gave the orders to shoot. So they face their charges.

So that was their order "Shoot"

Fairly sure the orders would be more complex than just "shoot" - rules of engagement?

Shoot is a term used by some when they drop their banjo.

• Like 2

So whats next murder charge's against Yingluck because the airforce waited to long before reporting to Malaysia about the missing plane

These charges of Murder would be thrown out of court in the first hearing in any western country

But Thailand loves to play games and holds court hearing like my daughter has tea parties

Really? And you're a fully qualified lawyer that can back this up then? Or are you offering a mere opinion based on your humungous amount of experience with such cases across the Western Hemisphere?? rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

Nothing will be found against them , simply because the courts are sympathetic with the Ammart ( Hi-so class)

Don't be silly.

Do you really believe these charges have any merit?

Read all the facts and think carefully.

The case against YL for perjury had more legal merit but Tarit simply dismissed that with a silly comment. Just like the outgoing AG dismissed any charges against Thaksin for his involvement in the 2010 terrorist insurgency.

Nothing will be found against them because the charge are spurious and were contrived to try and coerce their support for a blanket whitewash amnesty bill.

• Like 2

Rubbish, they wouldn't throw the charges out of court. Either these soldiers were acting under orders or they weren't.

The footage is there, the witnesses are there, we know it was army snipers, and the court has ruled (back in June 2013) that Suthep and Abhisit gave the orders to shoot. So they face their charges.

So that was their order "Shoot"

Fairly sure the orders would be more complex than just "shoot" - rules of engagement?

Shoot is a term used by some when they drop their banjo.

it is also used by the spotter.

• Like 1

The charges are nothing but political propaganda spewed by a failed government desperately seeking to stay in power and avoid the chopping block of their past actions while in power.

The power of the government should not be used to suppress it's political opponents, but that's all we've seen from them for the last several months. Murder charges... where was Tarit two and a half years ago with these charges?

Ah! where have you been? suthep order the army to open fire. He was in acharge, so he should be held resposible just like you yellows say about Yingluck that she should be held responsible.

Just another day and another murder charge from the DSI...

Still nothing for the army though. I wonder why that could be?

There won't be ANY charges for the Army as the DSI (Tarit) has already "cleared" them and said they won't be investigated.

If you want to throw blame around for soldiers not being investigated, fine, but be sure to include

abhisit "It was clear that the military never took aggressive action vejavija

and General Prayuth "the military was not involved in the deaths of 6 civilians shot dead as they sought shelter inside a temple during the 2010 military crackdown" Chan-Ocha

while you're at it.

Denialists of the highest order, or, as some might say, outright unrepentant liars.

So it was Abhisit and Prayith that refused to investigate the Army, not Tarit? I was of the understanding that it was a Tarit/DSI decision, and considering that the Police/DSI are your lackeys one would have to question why.

Sounds to me like your last sentence is a tad like the kettle calling the pot black considering PT's track record lol

Really? And you're a fully qualified lawyer that can back this up then? Or are you offering a mere opinion based on your humungous amount of experience with such cases across the Western Hemisphere?? rolleyes.gif

Those who sought to charge Blair and Bush - cases went well, no of course not.

Did any politician, or terrorist leader ever get charged over "Bloody Sunday"? Any politician or senior policeman charged over student death's in Vietnam war protests? Always the innocents who get hurt. Those doing the stirring and responding never do,

Thailand is unfortunately a country with too many barrack room lawyers ( I mean Thais, not even counting all the farang experts). Defamation and other charges fly around like flies round dogshit. These charges were trumped up by turncoat Tarit under instructions to pressure them on agreement to the whitewash bill. These things get out of hand because no Thai will loose face and so is never ever wrong. If they are guilty then so is YL, Chalerm, number 1 cousin for the recent murders. And so it will go on and on.

The only charges and convictions in the West, AFAIK, relate to genocide, war crimes and crimes against humanity. Now, some of the goings on down South a few years ago might fall into this category.

• Like 1

Ah! where have you been? suthep order the army to open fire. He was in acharge, so he should be held resposible just like you yellows say about Yingluck that she should be held responsible.

I'm not a Yellow and I'm deeply offended by you saying so, and that notwithstanding; please tell me and the rest of the TV forum why I'm wrong in anything I posted above?

Edited by Local Drunk

The first part of your comments is correct, but the reason is that they cannot be found guilty of murder if they did not have the "finger on the trigger"...!

If they wanted to try to make something stick, then perhaps they could bring charges of "conspiracy to murder", but then, they are not that clever are they...?!

You sure can be charged with murder in Australia and the USA without having a finger on the trigger....

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

With a premeditated murder charge against Abhisit/Suthep as private persons rather than as then government officials, it should come as a surprise if the court will throw-out the cases. Nothing to do with 'amart', 'elite'.

BTW Amart is not equivalent to 'hi-so' although I suspect that some hi-so would like to be classed Amart rolleyes.gif

Am I the only one who sees this as an opportunity for Abhisit to throw Suthep under the bus?

It would be a convenient way of removing his major rival for control of the Democrat party and if Abhisit emerges "clean" and a "victim" due to Suthep's decision to instruct the use of live fire, then he could have a shot, albeit a long one, at redemption.

Suthep will be a millstone around the Democrat Party unless he can be pushed off to the sidelines.

• Like 1

Nothing will be found against them , simply because the courts are sympathetic with the Ammart ( Hi-so clas

Or could it be because they can not be found guilty of something they did not do

your world is flat mine is round sort of thinking

Am I the only one who sees this as an opportunity for Abhisit to throw Suthep under the bus?

It would be a convenient way of removing his major rival for control of the Democrat party and if Abhisit emerges "clean" and a "victim" due to Suthep's decision to instruct the use of live fire, then he could have a shot, albeit a long one, at redemption.

Suthep will be a millstone around the Democrat Party unless he can be pushed off to the sidelines.

Yes, you might be the only one who has the assumption "Suthep major rival to Abhisit for control of the Dems party".

Please also note that one of the funny aspects of the Democrats party is that no one seems to really 'control' it. Probably just their mis-interpretation of 'democracy' rolleyes.gif

I see that Yingluck and a few others took a page out of Suthep's book and didn't turn up to acknowledge charges against them.

But her counter Part is not Suthep

And her counterpart did turn up

oooops sorry

correcting

Yes you are right Yinglook is not the real PM, she is just a stooge for her brother, so se is equal to Suthep

So it is her brother who has show what coward the Thasking are, as his counterpart has faced the courts

There won't be ANY charges for the Army as the DSI (Tarit) has already "cleared" them and said they won't be investigated.

If you want to throw blame around for soldiers not being investigated, fine, but be sure to include

abhisit "It was clear that the military never took aggressive action” vejavija

and General Prayuth "the military was not involved in the deaths of 6 civilians shot dead as they sought shelter inside a temple during the 2010 military crackdown" Chan-Ocha

while you're at it.

Denialists of the highest order, or, as some might say, outright unrepentant liars.

"Wow" Please put down your GLUE BAG !!!

I presume the "response" above is some kind of indicator that you disagree with me. Would you care to expand, do you have a counter argument, or was that it?

abhisit "It was clear that the military never took aggressive action” vejavija

while you're at it.

Can you name any politician (either in Thailand or in any country) that isn't an outright liar?

Its part of the job description. Not saying that precludes guilt [and neither of us know enough facts to make that judgement]

Just saying politicians are career liars - and only a fool believes otherwise.

"Military never took aggressive action"

"The red shirts are peaceful"

"The rice scheme has raised farmers income"

"The computer tablet scheme has improved literacy rates"

"Corruption doesn't exit"

"We represent for the majority"

"It is all politically motivated"

"We fight for democracy"

Labelled and file all under 'utter crap'.

You forgot the biggest lie of all. "Reform before election".

Correct!

We could also add to other lie

'Election before reform" to really muddy the water

Edited by jonclark

Tarit is an absolute disgrace

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

so suthep was justified to orederthe killing of people in the temple????????????

He didn't order the killing of people in the temple.

I see you have not been in Thailand long

1) any one can wear a army uniform that does not make him real army

2) you have credible witness to actually see soldiers shoot

3) where are the soldiers that did the shooting ? to my knowledge no soldier has been proved to be a shooter

4) Court ruling can be changed on a whim in Thailand

5) you do have documents showing that the Government of the time ordered the killings ?

sorry my friend you have been caught up in all the excitment, and not using what lies between your ears

Tleast abhisit will go and face the charges, but EVERYON'S BELOVED SUTHEP does not have time. He is too busy taking photos and ruining the country.

It seems to be the same excuse being used by Yingluck to avoid acknowledging NACC charges.

Yes. You're the only one. That's because it's a stupid idea.

DSI Director-General Tharit Pengdit said the murder charge against Mr Abhisit and Mr Suthep was the result of the court’s ruling that the six people at Wat Prathum were shot dead by authorities on 19 May 2010 when the then government dispersed the “red-shirt” protesters.

If I remember well, the court found that the victims were shot with bullets from a type of rifle like the ones used by the army. That's all. The court did not rule who actually fires the rifle.

Is that the result of an independent and unbiased investigation by DSI? Well, I guess now we know how "neutral" they are.

Let's see if the Office of the Attorney General with actually file the charges. Last time they did, Yingluck rewarded them with hefty salary increases.

Your memory is faulty. Aren't you embarrassed by defending the army in this case?

Maybe some of the witness accounts may jog your memory, or at the very least, your compassion http://prachatai.com/english/node/3462 . I have provided a link for the full transcript of inquest results elsewhere on this forum.

In an unprecedented move, the court went further than stating that the 6 civilians were killed by the soldier; its inquest also disputed the soldiers′ explanation of their action as a necessary "self-defence" against the shadowy armed militants who, according to the soldiers, were blending in with the crowd around the temple and shooting at the military personnel. http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNM05UYzRORFF6TWc9PQ==&
  • Like 1

Interesting. So, Abhisit and Suthep are "Ammart(Hi-so class)" whereas Yingluck, granddaughter of Princess Jantip na Chiangmai, one of the world's richest women even though she never did a days work in her life, thrust into power solely because of her genes, is not a member of this so-called Ammart that you speak of????

It shows who has believed the Amsterdam/red shirt propaganda without thinking through the (lack of) logic.

If Thaksin and the Shins are 'Amart', why was he prosecuted and given jail time? That never happens to 'Amart'.

Excuse me

but the word is given not served

you not understand some one being sarcastic, having a go at the system

Do I need to be a lawyer to make fun of the Thai court system

Yingluck is no more guilty the the dems are

My friend get a life

Tarit is an absolute disgrace

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

so suthep was justified to orederthe killing of people in the temple????????????

Please show us all the link that says he was convicted of this charge

So it was Abhisit and Prayith that refused to investigate the Army, not Tarit? I was of the understanding that it was a Tarit/DSI decision, and considering that the Police/DSI are your lackeys one would have to question why.

Sounds to me like your last sentence is a tad like the kettle calling the pot black considering PT's track record lol

Did I say abhisit and prayuth refused to investigate the army? No, I didn't.