Third grenade attack at Suthep's house

webfact

When will Suthep stop creating fake grenade attacks on himself? If anyone wants to launch any grenade at Suthep's house, it would not do so in the ditch near his house, but a direct hit on the house itself. All these so called grenade attacks seemed too conveniently occured near or close to the house but never really cause any damage or injury, which is amazing. From all real attacks of grenades that are launchable, 90% hit their targets. In the case of Suthep, zero percent hit its target, so one has to conclude that all alleged attacks are fake or attempts to bring publicity to Suthep and nothing more.

• Like 1

I have only ever thrown 1 grenade so am far from an expert, but surely missing by 300 meters is a skill in itself.

An M79 is not a hand grenade. It is shot out of a weapons system that can throw them out up to 800m. That' is how it can miss by 300m.

Edited by Wheelnut

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

When will Suthep stop creating fake grenade attacks on himself? If anyone wants to launch any grenade at Suthep's house, it would not do so in the ditch near his house, but a direct hit on the house itself. All these so called grenade attacks seemed too conveniently occured near or close to the house but never really cause any damage or injury, which is amazing. From all real attacks of grenades that are launchable, 90% hit their targets. In the case of Suthep, zero percent hit its target, so one has to conclude that all alleged attacks are fake or attempts to bring publicity to Suthep and nothing more.

That was exactly my thought when I read the article. Even a novice who has just been trained to use a grenade launcher couldn't miss something as large as a house thumbsup.gif As I have said before I think that sutheps days are numbered wai2.gif

JeremyBowskill, on 26 Mar 2014 - 10:14, said:JeremyBowskill, on 26 Mar 2014 - 10:14, said:

I have only ever thrown 1 grenade so am far from an expert, but surely missing by 300 meters is a skill in itself.

Call me suspicious, but to miss by 300 meters, seems more like a publicity stunt.

Edited by Rorri

HUAHIN62, on 26 Mar 2014 - 16:36, said:HUAHIN62, on 26 Mar 2014 - 16:36, said:

Getting a bit boring. Either the grenades don't explode or land 300 m away. The effective range of these grenades are about 500 m, so to miss with 300 m is either by design or it is a very badly trained or untrained person doing the shooting. But to have 3 attacks with no damage

???500meters, mm, an M79's (M79 is only a launcher) explosive grenade radius , according to info obtained on the net, is only 5 meters, with a firing range of 50-300 meters.

http://www.5rar.asn.au/weapons/m79.htm In case you don't know 5rar is the 5th Battalion Royal Australian Regiment.

Edited by Rorri

JeremyBowskill, on 26 Mar 2014 - 10:14, said:JeremyBowskill, on 26 Mar 2014 - 10:14, said:

Call me suspicious, but to miss by 300 meters, seems more like a publicity stunt.

It didn't miss by 300 meters, if fell just behind the outside wall of the house, it was launched (presumably) from a distance of 300 meters.

AleG, on 27 Mar 2014 - 11:01, said:AleG, on 27 Mar 2014 - 11:01, said:AleG, on 27 Mar 2014 - 11:01, said:
Rorri, on 27 Mar 2014 - 10:23, said:Rorri, on 27 Mar 2014 - 10:23, said:Rorri, on 27 Mar 2014 - 10:23, said:
JeremyBowskill, on 26 Mar 2014 - 10:14, said:JeremyBowskill, on 26 Mar 2014 - 10:14, said:JeremyBowskill, on 26 Mar 2014 - 10:14, said:JeremyBowskill, on 26 Mar 2014 - 10:14, said:JeremyBowskill, on 26 Mar 2014 - 10:14, said:

It didn't miss by 300 meters, if fell just behind the outside wall of the house, it was launched (presumably) from a distance of 300 meters.

This quote from the story published "The grenade landed 300 meters from the house and exploded." Also read my second comment.

For the police then to say "They believed the grenade was fired from running vehicle on the Boromratchonee elevated road which is about 300 meters away from the house.," is purely guess work, unless they were there. Is this poor reporting, or do the police think it was fired 600m from the house. Either way, the maximum distance for an M79 is 300m.

Edited by Rorri