Sunset for Sunrise Tacos

BugJackBaron

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bangkok one near soi 12 is going also....new office building going up on location end of this year.

I couldn't stomach their food but the beer was ice cold.

Wish the open patio was going to be used for a better eatery rather than office but thanks for the info.

Bangkok one near soi 12 is going also....new office building going up on location end of this year.

I couldn't stomach their food but the beer was ice cold.

Wish the open patio was going to be used for a better eatery rather than office but thanks for the info.

I read they're moving to a new expanded location (Greg got bigger I guess) somewhere in the general area (can't remember where exactly).

I visit to Subs n Steaks a few nights ago. Had the angus burger and a friend had an imported ribeye. We were both disappointed. Previously my burger was delicious but this visit we believe the beef had been "extended" and was not 100% beef. The paddy was huge but that doesn't make up for comprising the taste. I will give this place one last chance simply because I like the menu choices.

Apparently the new place Subs n Steaks which replaced the closed Jomtien Sunrise Tacos is now ALSO closed! w00t.gif

Condolences to the investors and staff.

And so it goes.

Pretty draft idea to begin with...I mean, who ever heard of a submarine sandwich and steak house before! I guess it served its purpose to launder some money or like someone said, so many tourists in town they made a mint in a couple months and retired.

The owner is the former owner of Sunrise Tacos who decided to rebrand the restaurant. The concept was subs for lunch and steaks for dinner. He opened during Song Kran week, that in itself was a poor decision. Then there was an issue with the VAT, whether it was or was not included. I had several good meals when they first opened but several questionable ones just before they closed. The owner says it is a temporary closure until things improve here in Pattaya. Personally I think it's best he just sells and forgets about reopening.

The concept was sandwiches for lunch?

Well then, it would have been a good idea to open at noon.

• Like 1

The owner says it is a temporary closure until things improve here in Pattaya.

The sign outside the Jomtien branch says "for rent or sale".

Even when it was open it looked half-closed. Only the established restaurants like Simon's are surviving and

judging by the number of customers, even those may be coasting on their savings right now.