Two men killed in motorcycle bomb explosion

Lite Beer

Two men killed in motorcycle bomb explosion

3-30-2014-9-59-25-AM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Two men were killed when a home-made bomb hidden in a motorcycle they were riding on accidentally exploded at a parking lot in Min Buri Saturday night.

One of the victims was identified by police as Boonluen Pinta, 41, a native from Phrae province. Police said that both victims whose bodies were shattered by the force of the explosion wore black T-shirts and combat boots.

Officials from the explosive ordnance disposal unit found one unexploded home-made bomb near the blast site and had it destroyed.

A subsequent search of the victims’ rented house uncovered five more home-made bombs, two motorcycles, six picnic gas canisters and one gallon of unspecified chemicals.

After the explosion, 3-4 men were seen by eyewitnesses leaving the rented house in a van.

Police are yet to determine whether the bombs were meant to stir up political violence or for any other criminal purposes or whether the group was politically connected.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/two-men-killed-motorcycle-bomb-explosion/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=two-men-killed-motorcycle-bomb-explosion

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-03-30

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Two men killed in what believed to be accidental explosion of their own bomb

BANGKOK: -- Two men on a motorcycle were torn into pieces by a blast of a homemade bomb in Bangkok's Min Buri district late Saturday night, police said.

One of them was identified as Boonluen Pinta from Prae.

The explosion occurred at the car park of Tohlibun Islamic religious school.

Eyewitnesses told police that the two men were riding a motorcycle to stop there and their motorcycle was followed by a van. When two other men got out of the van walking to the motorcycle, the explosion occurred. The two other men fled the scene in the van, the witnesses said.

Police found another homemade pipe bomb which did not explode.

Police suspected that the two men were carrying two homemade bombs and one of them accidentally exploded.

xnationlogo.jpg.pagespeed.ic.BfgaY1OWGm.
-- The Nation 2014-03-30

Seem to remember there was another bomb make who blew himself up in BKK some time back.

After that the bombings stopped.

Seems to be a dangerous occupation.

Lets hope they catch up with the other 4 in the van or Karma catches up with them.

Bloody ripper mate, it's a shame more bomb makers don't meet the same fate.

And to those who fire grenades, I hope a grenade launcher will fail and the grenade falls at their feet.

It would indeed be poetic justice but unlikely to happen as these rounds are still "inert" when they're fired, they arm themselves at 30 m's to prevent such wishful thinking.. but I do like the way you think :D

There's a few of us who have been saying this privately for a few weeks now, however the only connection I can see here is the incident occurred outside a Muslim school, now if these pair were also Muslim, (as yet to be determined) then seajae, if you're reading this, remember what I've been saying about the eye coming off the ball.. ;)

• Like 1

No one else concerned that Southern seperatists might be planning to plant these devices in Bangkok.

The Muslim angle worries me.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Minburi is a largely Muslim area of Bangkok--but the southern unpleasantness doesn't have much to do with religion & the Muslims throughout the rest of Thailand emphatically are very unsympathetic with the southern cause.

One of the men was from Phrae--a northern province.

-S

• Like 1