Immigration docs

grumpyoldman

Went in for my 90 day checkup recently "Hello, yes sir, here I am, yep, still here....." (practice some Russian,,,,, da, da) anyway had my 90 paper filled out already as I keep a bunch in my desk, proper copies, pull up on my friendly tourist police guy who I know from my running habit (good bloke by the way, definitely the antithesis of the kooks that make the papers) and he says "mate, don't need that paper anymore".

He takes my copy of the face page of my passport, the copy showing my departure card and staples the last 90 day paper to the top of the two sheets.

"Off you go mate, see you on the track"

"Cool, cheers and thanks".

So there you go, no more form on the 90 day report. Got me thinking, (yes, you do smell wood burning) maybe a pinned topic advising per what you're trying to get done exactly what you need in Immigration docs? If there are forms maybe .pdf downloads from there?

I did my 90 day report in March & they guy told me that being the first one of the year I need a form, copy of passport & copy of visa. He said do not need for subsequent ones this year. This from the immigration officer who sits at the front desk, is very polite & speaks very good English.

Did my 90 days yesterday, came with the 3 photocopies and the fillet out TM 47. Went to the volunteer to get my ticket. He took the TM 47 and said, NO MORE need for that, because now, they have computer at the immigrationsmile.png

Was out of there within 5 minutes.

Thanks for the info GOM. Probably needs corroborating and I'd guess you would still need a form if you have left the country since the last report to immigration.

No you don't, i had left the country before my last report, just need passpot copies

They have a lady who does the report on a computer now

Let's hope that this latest 'rule' sticks for a while. I well remember the years when they just stamped a new 90 day date on the previous slip clipped to your passport. I'm due for 90 day renewal in a couple of weeks. i will still print out my prepared form TM47 just to be sure to be sure thumbsup.gif

Thanks for the info GOM. Probably needs corroborating and I'd guess you would still need a form if you have left the country since the last report to immigration.

No you don't, i had left the country before my last report, just need passpot copies

Thanks for the info.

So, a numbered queueing system, a computer, one less sheet of paper per person.

Thai Immigration making its first steps into the 21st century!

• Like 2

Did mine at Patong last week. TM47 definitely not required - they type your inf into computer and it spits out a pre-filled TM47 and they clip the bottom to insert in the back of your PP. At Patong, you only need take your PP - nothing else.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Did mine at Patong last week. TM47 definitely not required - they type your inf into computer and it spits out a pre-filled TM47 and they clip the bottom to insert in the back of your PP. At Patong, you only need take your PP - nothing else.

At Patong ---------------Confirmed!

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

At Patong ---------------Confirmed!

Checked with my wife again, they definitely took the TM 47 and PP copies from her.

However, I see that the slip they stapled in the back of the passport is computer generated, I didn't look at it before.

Annoying really, because I've just worked out how to prefill the form on my PC. All I would've had to do in future is change the date and print.

Still, I already have next months extension ready to go on the PC.

Today into Patong Immigration for my 90 day report. Had my TM47 and copies prepared; Officer waved paperwork away, said all on computer. Took my passport, pushed some keys, printed out a form, I signed and then stapled to my passport. Took less than 5 minutes. No fuss, no drama. Easy.

I think it is confirmed by now, No TM47 form required for a 90 day reporting. (only PP copies)

TM47 only required when doing it for the first time.

No - the PP copies were not required by Immigration on my visit yesterday.

Maybe they are sometimes more easy at the Patong office like in your case but at Phuket office you will need always the copies.

They definitely took my PP copies, staples the paper that came out of the computer on top,kept those, tore the bottom for my PP.

Week later GOm pulls the bonehead play. Wait in line, fill out the paper for re-entry, sit around, get to old boy at the counter and he says "you already have!".

Ends up on the backside of the page where the company ladies did my Visa, they also got a single entry good for a year that I didn't see. Dooouugh!

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know if someone has to actually leave thailand every 3 months on a 1 year non immigrant o visa ( married to a thai) I was under the impression I had to depart thailand, but somebody mentioned I could just go to immigration and get a stamp there.

Thanks in advance.

Does anyone know if someone has to actually leave thailand every 3 months on a 1 year non immigrant o visa ( married to a thai) I was under the impression I had to depart thailand, but somebody mentioned I could just go to immigration and get a stamp there.

Thanks in advance.

On a visa you have to leave the country, on an extension you have to report to immigration.

Did my 90 days yesterday, came with the 3 photocopies and the fillet out TM 47. Went to the volunteer to get my ticket. He took the TM 47 and said, NO MORE need for that, because now, they have computer at the immigrationsmile.png

Was out of there within 5 minutes.

Don't hold your breath our (my) passports have been bar coded for the last two years and it hasn't made one iota of difference (Chiang Mai)

Got my 12 months retirement extension today.

We were late, arriving at 1130, thought the door would be locked, but they kept letting people in up until we left. I waited in the car while my lady went in, and she was back in 17 minutes with my new permit.

No one in front of us for that service, lunchtime looming and a small tip all probably helped with the speedy outcome.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info.

So, a numbered queueing system, a computer, one less sheet of paper per person.

Thai Immigration making its first steps into the 21st century!

Maybe Phuket has finally caught with the rest of the world.

Sadly most places in Thailand have not and are still making a paper mountain