Engine Stand

in the area just off rama 4 , near to hualampong railway station , is an area that seems to be devoted to the dismantling of cars , and amongst all those workshops and yards are shops selling machinery and equipment to do with car repair and servicing.

when you come away from the station turn left into rama 4, turn , turn left again into the second or third soi down and then wander down to the first cross soi , you should be able to smell the engine oil and be sliding around on the greasy pavement by now.

its a while since i was there and my directions are a bit vague , but i think if you can find that area , and it covers three or four blocks , then you should find what you are looking for , or one of the dismantler shops could tell you where to find a stand.

in the area just off rama 4 , near to hualampong railway station , is an area that seems to be devoted to the dismantling of cars , and amongst all those workshops and yards are shops selling machinery and equipment to do with car repair and servicing.

when you come away from the station turn left into rama 4, turn , turn left again into the second or third soi down and then wander down to the first cross soi , you should be able to smell the engine oil and be sliding around on the greasy pavement by now.

its a while since i was there and my directions are a bit vague , but i think if you can find that area , and it covers three or four blocks , then you should find what you are looking for , or one of the dismantler shops could tell you where to find a stand.

Taxexile, Thanks for the info but too late, brought picks of some to a shop here and was told it would cost me 10K baht to be made, when I told them that I could buy one in the pick for 50 US (internet) they said no way and dropped the price to 7000 baht, (Just because I'm farang for the high price I guess, again I said no and went and bought all the materials for a much stronger one for 900 baht and getting it welded today at another shop for less than 1000 baht. Not bad for less than 2000 baht. I would have gone to 4000 baht but not 7000, to heck with em, if they don't want my biz.

:o

Edited by SnakeBite